Big Ten shake up: How does it potentially affect Bobcats?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nutman
BobcatNation Redshirt

Big Ten shake up: How does it potentially affect Bobcats?

Post by nutman » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:36 am

Now that the pac 12 needs replacements for USC and UCLA and speculation is running rampant about other PAC schools receiving overtures from conferences like the ACC, the biggest shakeup I ever seen is underway. It’s got me thinking that FBS schools will be moving to fill spots. How much could this cascade into our world?

I personally think the Montana schools should be prepping for the conversations that are going to be coming their way in the next months. Also believe NDSU could be looking at an offer they can’t refuse soon.

What possibilities do you see?

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Re: Big Ten shake up: How does it potentially affect Bobcats?

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:52 am

MSUBRONCO
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSUBRONCO » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:40 am

NDSU won't move they love beating everyone upto much

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:25 am

This article says a lot about what could happen, but one could also state the demise of the pac 8 happened because the powers that be admitted both Colorado and Utah. This paper also has articles stating how much those from Boulder hate Fort Collins. Our Cats have a winning record against this school with a Buffalo mascot. The pac 8 sucked before this happened and the Mountain West is going to be a more competitive Group of 6 conference. As much as I'd like to see the Cats return to a regional conference, we're being held back by our Board of Regents propping up that dead weight 200 miles west on I-90.

https://www.denverpost.com/2022/07/01/s ... -and-more/