Daniel Hardy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Daniel Hardy

Post by ND0479 » Mon May 23, 2022 8:34 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 pm
catatac wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:34 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:47 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm
catatac wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:29 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:53 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:30 am
ND0479 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:23 am
technoCat wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 am
Man I will miss this senior class! What a bunch of grade a individuals!
Agreed, which also has me super nervous for next season.
...why?
I like what we have but that’s some significant talent lost.
We are witnessing a new era of Bobcat Football in terms of loads and loads of talent year after year. Mark it down. In fact I’ll go as far as to predict we’ll get at least two players drafted next year as well, probably more.
😎
Who? I can’t think of one.
Right now, I can’t think of any either, but a year ago I didn’t read anyone predicting Daniel Hardy being drafted and Lance being invited to a camp. I also didn’t see anyone predicting the Cats top three quarterbacks all being off the team by Spring ball 2022. I wouldn’t go as far as predicting multiple draft picks next year, but you just never know what may happen a year from now.
This was exactly what I was thinking when I typed that prediction of two players getting drafted next year. My thinking was that Isaiah Ifanse could be a late round pick, but who knows - I don't follow all these players as closely as VIM and if he says there's no chance of that, I believe him. Also, I remember reading an article about Ravi Alston where his last coach said he was a legitimate NFL talent, which is why he transferred to MSU - better chance of making it to the NFL. Last... below is a list of Seniors on the roster - there are some pretty damn talented players in that list. To your point, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody in that group has a monster season and gets some NFL looks. Yep, I could be wrong and maybe there are zero players drafted in 2023 - I guess we'll find out!

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Edit: One more point on Ifanse. Ya, I get it that he's not the biggest or fastest RB on the planet but he is going down in history as the best Bobcat Running Back of all time. His vision, toughness, and balance are absolutely incredible. I hope he does get a shot at the next level, but yes I understand that there are tangibles that might cause him to not get drafted.
Lol you put Jory on the list of potential NFL guys? That’s a stretch. Seems like an absolute great kid, team player and plays his heart out, but zero way he makes the NFL.
Nah, he just put a list of seniors and said he wouldn’t be surprised is somebody from that list made it.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Mon May 23, 2022 8:52 pm

Placing young men in the NFL will ebb and flow. Some years will we do it. Some years we don't. Occasionally, maybe once a decade or more, we put in two guys like this year. It won't always correlate to how good the team is or how far we go in the playoffs. Personally, I'm just enjoying the ride.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 27, 2022 3:14 pm

Daniel Hardy sighting.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm

CatBot wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 8:52 pm
Placing young men in the NFL will ebb and flow. Some years will we do it. Some years we don't. Occasionally, maybe once a decade or more, we put in two guys like this year. It won't always correlate to how good the team is or how far we go in the playoffs. Personally, I'm just enjoying the ride.
What we need is a 4 year all American QB that gets to the NFL.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue May 31, 2022 12:16 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:44 pm
CatBot wrote:
Can you name one that has done this from the Big Sky?

Hating the griz since 02.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue May 31, 2022 1:32 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 12:16 pm
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

If Oregon had not came in at the last minute…. That might have happened with Justin Herbert.

Definitely an interesting “what if” to ponder.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Tue May 31, 2022 2:35 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:32 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

If Oregon had not came in at the last minute…. That might have happened with Justin Herbert.

I guess I dont know the backstory? Was Justin on his way to Bozeman until the Ducks came knocking?

Hating the griz since 02.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue May 31, 2022 2:41 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:35 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

I guess I dont know the backstory? Was Justin on his way to Bozeman until the Ducks came knocking?
Justin's older brother Mitch was a WR at MSU at the time. For quite a while, Justin only had offers from FCS school and it was looking likely he'd end up at MSU. I think December-ish Oregon had a QB decommit so they offered Justin and he committed. This was back during the February signing day, so it wasn't super last second.....at least that's how I remember it going.

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Tue May 31, 2022 2:50 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:41 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 2:35 pm
mslacatfan wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Justin's older brother Mitch was a WR at MSU at the time. For quite a while, Justin only had offers from FCS school and it was looking likely he'd end up at MSU. I think December-ish Oregon had a QB decommit so they offered Justin and he committed. This was back during the February signing day, so it wasn't super last second.....at least that's how I remember it going.
I remember being really freaking bummed.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Tue May 31, 2022 3:00 pm

I take that back....it looks like he committed in October.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/2 ... arter.html

Herbert chose Oregon over offers from Montana State, Nevada, Northern Arizona and Portland State.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 am

CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:
I was thinking Neil Lomax from Portland State might count. But on checking, PSU was a 1-AA Independent when Lomax was there. He had 3 pretty fair years at PSU before making the pro scene.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:06 am

Hardy came on the show earlier this month:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5pVChO ... a6acb04dbc

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:07 am

CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:
I was thinking Neil Lomax might count. He had 3 pretty stout years at Portland State before heading to the pro scene. But on checking Portland State was a 1-AA Independent when Lomax played.

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:51 am

Idaho QB John Friesz might be as close as you get.

3X 1st team All BSC
3X BSC offensive MVP
2X D 1AA First Team All American
Walter Payton Award
Chargers 1990-93
Redskins 1994
Seahawks 1995-98
Patriots 1999-2000
Born in Montana

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 pm

Quick Daniel Hardy sighting.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:14 pm

BobcatDel wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:07 am
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:
I was thinking Neil Lomax might count. He had 3 pretty stout years at Portland State before heading to the pro scene. But on checking Portland State was a 1-AA Independent when Lomax played.
Actually, Portland State was still D-II when Lomax played for them. They didn't move up to I-AA/FCS until they joined the BSC, for the 1996-97 academic year.

BobcatDel

Post by BobcatDel » Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:38 pm

John K wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:14 pm
BobcatDel wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:
Actually, Portland State was still D-II when Lomax played for them. They didn't move up to I-AA/FCS until they joined the BSC, for the 1996-97 academic year.
Portland State was indeed a 1-AA Independent from 1978-80 which were Lomax sophomore to senior seasons according to their own PSU history documents. They returned to D-II in 1981 due to financial issues.

Some people might remember that during Lomax senior year PSU beat Delaware State 105-0 and Weber State 75-0. And Lomax passed for 13,000 yards and had 100 TDs in college. A second round pick for the NFL draft.

PSU history document at link below for those who are interested which I suspect will be not very many!

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... istory.pdf

And just for “kicks and giggles” I looked at the PSU 1980 season to see how they finished and ranked with 1-AA Independents. Note the link below also shows their schedule that year in 1-AA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Po ... tball_team

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:35 am

BobcatDel wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:38 pm
John K wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:
Portland State was indeed a 1-AA Independent from 1978-80 which were Lomax sophomore to senior seasons according to their own PSU history documents. They returned to D-II in 1981 due to financial issues.

Some people might remember that during Lomax senior year PSU beat Delaware State 105-0 and Weber State 75-0. And Lomax passed for 13,000 yards and had 100 TDs in college. A second round pick for the NFL draft.

PSU history document at link below for those who are interested which I suspect will be not very many!

And just for “kicks and giggles” I looked at the PSU 1980 season to see how they finished and ranked with 1-AA Independents. Note the link below also shows their schedule that year in 1-AA.

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize that they were I-AA at one time, and then dropped back down to D-II. There are not many instances of programs dropping down, with Idaho being one of the few that I can remember.

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:54 am

BobcatDel wrote:
John K wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

In those days they would generally outdraw OSU in attendance.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:21 pm

John K wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:35 am
BobcatDel wrote:
John K wrote:
BobcatDel wrote:
CodyCat wrote:
Montanabob wrote:
CatBot wrote:

Thanks for the correction. I didn't realize that they were I-AA at one time, and then dropped back down to D-II. There are not many instances of programs dropping down, with Idaho being one of the few that I can remember.
I saw that both Idaho and Idaho State both beat Portland and the gris lost to Portland.

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.