Daniel Hardy

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Re: Daniel Hardy

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm

catatac wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:29 pm
ND0479 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:53 am
VimSince03 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:30 am
ND0479 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 11:23 am
technoCat wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:53 am
Man I will miss this senior class! What a bunch of grade a individuals!
Agreed, which also has me super nervous for next season.
...why?
I like what we have but that’s some significant talent lost.
We are witnessing a new era of Bobcat Football in terms of loads and loads of talent year after year. Mark it down. In fact I’ll go as far as to predict we’ll get at least two players drafted next year as well, probably more.
😎
Who? I can’t think of one.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun May 01, 2022 10:47 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:16 pm
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
We are witnessing a new era of Bobcat Football in terms of loads and loads of talent year after year. Mark it down. In fact I’ll go as far as to predict we’ll get at least two players drafted next year as well, probably more.
😎
Right now, I can’t think of any either, but a year ago I didn’t read anyone predicting Daniel Hardy being drafted and Lance being invited to a camp. I also didn’t see anyone predicting the Cats top three quarterbacks all being off the team by Spring ball 2022. I wouldn’t go as far as predicting multiple draft picks next year, but you just never know what may happen a year from now.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue May 03, 2022 11:34 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:47 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
😎
Right now, I can’t think of any either, but a year ago I didn’t read anyone predicting Daniel Hardy being drafted and Lance being invited to a camp. I also didn’t see anyone predicting the Cats top three quarterbacks all being off the team by Spring ball 2022. I wouldn’t go as far as predicting multiple draft picks next year, but you just never know what may happen a year from now.
This was exactly what I was thinking when I typed that prediction of two players getting drafted next year. My thinking was that Isaiah Ifanse could be a late round pick, but who knows - I don't follow all these players as closely as VIM and if he says there's no chance of that, I believe him. Also, I remember reading an article about Ravi Alston where his last coach said he was a legitimate NFL talent, which is why he transferred to MSU - better chance of making it to the NFL. Last... below is a list of Seniors on the roster - there are some pretty damn talented players in that list. To your point, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody in that group has a monster season and gets some NFL looks. Yep, I could be wrong and maybe there are zero players drafted in 2023 - I guess we'll find out!

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Edit: One more point on Ifanse. Ya, I get it that he's not the biggest or fastest RB on the planet but he is going down in history as the best Bobcat Running Back of all time. His vision, toughness, and balance are absolutely incredible. I hope he does get a shot at the next level, but yes I understand that there are tangibles that might cause him to not get drafted.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

topshelfthepuck
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by topshelfthepuck » Tue May 03, 2022 12:06 pm

catatac wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 11:34 am
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
😎
This was exactly what I was thinking when I typed that prediction of two players getting drafted next year. My thinking was that Isaiah Ifanse could be a late round pick, but who knows - I don't follow all these players as closely as VIM and if he says there's no chance of that, I believe him. Also, I remember reading an article about Ravi Alston where his last coach said he was a legitimate NFL talent, which is why he transferred to MSU - better chance of making it to the NFL. Last... below is a list of Seniors on the roster - there are some pretty damn talented players in that list. To your point, I wouldn't be surprised if somebody in that group has a monster season and gets some NFL looks. Yep, I could be wrong and maybe there are zero players drafted in 2023 - I guess we'll find out!

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Edit: One more point on Ifanse. Ya, I get it that he's not the biggest or fastest RB on the planet but he is going down in history as the best Bobcat Running Back of all time. His vision, toughness, and balance are absolutely incredible. I hope he does get a shot at the next level, but yes I understand that there are tangibles that might cause him to not get drafted.
I actually think Jeffery Manning may be the guy with a legitimate shot next year at making an NFL Roster. Prototypical size, good speed and nice instincts. I also think this upcoming seasons defense will utilize the depth and talent on the back end partially because of the strength of players there and partially because the front 7 may need to scheme up more than last year with bringing blitz packages and exotic looks. We should be able to cover well and in turn set up the free safety to read and react to balls thrown under pressure. Just a prediction, but I think it sets him up well for a very successful season.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Tue May 03, 2022 1:29 pm

When I was watching the draft they were talking about a running back that could get skinny and get thru holes. Ifanse does that very well. Some times looks like nothing there yet he pops out, runs some one over and boom big gain. Not a home run hitter in NFL but maybe the short yardage and red zone guy

Sports is not bigger than life

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Thu May 05, 2022 8:53 am

Ifanse is the only person I think has a chance. He is a top 5 RB in FCS, and one could argue the best RB (which I think he is).
If Patterson can put everything together this year (including returns) maybe a late round pick, but he needs a HUGE season to get there.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu May 05, 2022 9:17 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:53 am
Ifanse is the only person I think has a chance. He is a top 5 RB in FCS, and one could argue the best RB (which I think he is).
If Patterson can put everything together this year (including returns) maybe a late round pick, but he needs a HUGE season to get there.
And again... we'll see. Who on here predicted Hardy would get drafted?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 pm

catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
😎

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Lol you put Jory on the list of potential NFL guys? That’s a stretch. Seems like an absolute great kid, team player and plays his heart out, but zero way he makes the NFL.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu May 05, 2022 10:58 pm

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 pm
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
😎

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Lol you put Jory on the list of potential NFL guys? That’s a stretch. Seems like an absolute great kid, team player and plays his heart out, but zero way he makes the NFL.
He wrote that it was a list of seniors.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

BigBruceBaker

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu May 05, 2022 11:15 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:58 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
technoCat wrote:
...why?
😎

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Browsed past that on my phone. That makes a lot more sense!

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri May 06, 2022 7:40 am

BigBruceBaker wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:15 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 10:58 pm
BigBruceBaker wrote:
catatac wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
catatac wrote:
ND0479 wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:
ND0479 wrote:

...why?
😎

Tyrel Thomas
Coy Steel
Jeffrey Manning
Ty Okada
Willie Patterson
Jory Choate
RJ Fitzgerald
Callahan O’Reilly
Tyson Regimbal
Joe McElroy
Kyle Rygg
Ifanse
Alston

Browsed past that on my phone. That makes a lot more sense!
Now Jory is going to have a monster year and get drafted in the first round. :D

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 17, 2022 1:11 pm

Hardy with #44.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:30 pm

kmax wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:21 am
lutecat wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:37 am
You wonder if it'd be better not to be drafted if it's in the 7th round vs an UDFA. However. You couldn't ask for a better situation than to go to the defending super bowl Champs with a D like that! The development and teaching. Although maybe easier to make a roster of a bad team. But the Rams know what they're doing. A team like that expects to get playing time out of its late draft picks.
While I think it is a bit true that it is nice for them to be able to pick a team that they think fits best (from ones that may be interested), from a money standpoint I think this is a no-brainer that late draft is still considerably better. Though not sure what of those draftee contracts is considered guaranteed.

Versus the expected salaries for FCS draftees from https://herosports.com/fcs-football-pro ... raft-bzbz/
7th Round
Southern OG Ja’Tyre Carter (No. 226, Bears)
Total Value: $3,769,309
Signing Bonus: $109,309

Montana State DE/OLB Daniel Hardy (No. 235, Rams)
Total Value: $3,759,705
Signing Bonus: $99,705

Yale S Rodney Thomas II (No. 239, Colts)
Total Value: $3,755,383
Signing Bonus: $95,383

Samford/South Dakota State QB Chris Oladokun (No. 241, Steelers)
Total Value: $3,749,953
Signing Bonus: $89,953

Montana/Nebraska WR Samori Toure (No. 258, Packers)
Total Value: $3,737,007
Signing Bonus: $77,007
Just realized that Daniel and Troy were the ONLY Big Sky players drafted!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:35 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:30 pm
kmax wrote:
lutecat wrote:
You wonder if it'd be better not to be drafted if it's in the 7th round vs an UDFA. However. You couldn't ask for a better situation than to go to the defending super bowl Champs with a D like that! The development and teaching. Although maybe easier to make a roster of a bad team. But the Rams know what they're doing. A team like that expects to get playing time out of its late draft picks.
While I think it is a bit true that it is nice for them to be able to pick a team that they think fits best (from ones that may be interested), from a money standpoint I think this is a no-brainer that late draft is still considerably better. Though not sure what of those draftee contracts is considered guaranteed.

Versus the expected salaries for FCS draftees from https://herosports.com/fcs-football-pro ... raft-bzbz/
7th Round

Southern Utah also had an OL drafted by the Bears, so I guess it depends if we're talking 2021 or 2022 Big Sky teams!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:37 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:11 pm
Hardy with #44.

Cool that he gets to keep #44

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue May 17, 2022 2:37 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:35 pm
WalkOn79 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:30 pm
kmax wrote:
lutecat wrote:

7th Round

Southern Utah also had an OL drafted by the Bears, so I guess it depends if we're talking 2021 or 2022 Big Sky teams!
Missed that, Thanks!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue May 17, 2022 7:01 pm

…and Daniel posts it too.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Tue May 17, 2022 7:28 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:01 pm
…and Daniel posts it too.

Nice!

Have a wonderful day!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 23, 2022 5:10 pm

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Mon May 23, 2022 6:20 pm

I don't suppose his tackles on special teams hurt his chances much. They might figure he will be a valuable ST player until he has enough experience to play on defense.

2024 Resume dominance