More Showcase Invites

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BStinsMSU
BobcatNation Team Captain

More Showcase Invites

Post by BStinsMSU » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13 am

Obviously Troy invited to the Shrine Bowl and Senior Bowl, but Kidd and Amandre were invited to the College Gridiron Showcase, and McCutcheon and Hardy were invited to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

Some real opportunity for the Cats to have 3-4 guys signed on NFL rosters come the off-season. Personally the only of these guys I see that has a chance at being drafted is Hardy based on physical traits alone. I think McCutcheon gets a UDFA offer and sticks on a practice squad (like Jonsen). I don’t know if there’s been any draft talk or predictions besides TA outside of all of our hearts…

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Re: More Showcase Invites

Post by wbtfg » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:23 am

BStinsMSU wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:13 am
Obviously Troy invited to the Shrine Bowl and Senior Bowl, but Kidd and Amandre were invited to the College Gridiron Showcase, and McCutcheon and Hardy were invited to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl.

Some real opportunity for the Cats to have 3-4 guys signed on NFL rosters come the off-season. Personally the only of these guys I see that has a chance at being drafted is Hardy based on physical traits alone. I think McCutcheon gets a UDFA offer and sticks on a practice squad (like Jonsen). I don’t know if there’s been any draft talk or predictions besides TA outside of all of our hearts…
It's great to see so many guys get opportunities. It's great for the program, for recruiting, and should really enhance our pro day (assuming that's still a thing).

Best of luck to all of them.

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 pm

BStinsMSU wrote:

Very glad to see these deserved offers going out. I see Hardy in particular as having a strong chance to stick somewhere next year and would be surprised if at least one of the others didn't at least wind up on a practice squad.

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:45 am

Travelingcat wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 pm
BStinsMSU wrote:

Very glad to see these deserved offers going out. I see Hardy in particular as having a strong chance to stick somewhere next year and would be surprised if at least one of the others didn't at least wind up on a practice squad.
I think armandre got overlooked this year because of the position switch and lower stats. I do actually think his draft and udfa stock went up because of the versitlity he has show and the willingness to play TEAM ball. It's all on him now to impress and show off his talents on proday and in showcase game. Wish him luck but he's got a ways to go. Hopefully he shines in Frisco

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:07 pm

Writer for Sports Illustrated's NFL Draft BIble wrote on Twitter that "Finding Montana State film is like hitting the jackpot this year."

Someone else on the same thread said Hardy had 73 pressures this year, which is believable, but insane.

about 1 in 5 players in the NFLPA Bowl get drafted and I'm sure the majority of the rest sign as UDFAs, so Hardy and McCutcheon have a real shot if they play to their ability levels

thisnamesucks
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by thisnamesucks » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:24 pm

Travelingcat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:07 pm
Writer for Sports Illustrated's NFL Draft BIble wrote on Twitter that "Finding Montana State film is like hitting the jackpot this year."

Someone else on the same thread said Hardy had 73 pressures this year, which is believable, but insane.

about 1 in 5 players in the NFLPA Bowl get drafted and I'm sure the majority of the rest sign as UDFAs, so Hardy and McCutcheon have a real shot if they play to their ability levels
Link?

Travelingcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Travelingcat » Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:57 pm

thisnamesucks wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:24 pm
Travelingcat wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:07 pm

Link?

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:36 am

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

autocat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by autocat » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 pm

I know is was because of the shutdown and no pro day, still can’t figure out how Mitch Brott never got signed.

His down field blocking was worth watching plays over and over again.

Montana State film is like winning the jackpot this year, it’s already been there!!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:59 pm

autocat wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:55 pm
I know is was because of the shutdown and no pro day, still can’t figure out how Mitch Brott never got signed.

His down field blocking was worth watching plays over and over again.

Montana State film is like winning the jackpot this year, it’s already been there!!

Yup, really surprised Brott never got a chance. Guy was a beast.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm

College gridiron showcase on right now on CBS

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:07 am

kwcat wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:03 pm
College gridiron showcase on right now on CBS
How'd our guys do?

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 pm

When is the NFLPA bowl?

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:54 pm

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am

Game Broadcasts

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (Pasadena, CA) — 6 p.m. ET, Jan. 29, NFL Network

East-West Shrine Bowl (Las Vegas, NV) — 8 p.m. ET, Feb. 3, NFL Network

Senior Bowl (Mobile, AL) — 2:30 p.m. ET, Feb. 5, NFL Network

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:21 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am
Game Broadcasts

NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (Pasadena, CA) — 6 p.m. ET, Jan. 29, NFL Network

East-West Shrine Bowl (Las Vegas, NV) — 8 p.m. ET, Feb. 3, NFL Network

Senior Bowl (Mobile, AL) — 2:30 p.m. ET, Feb. 5, NFL Network

6 from the BSC with 4 from MSU and 2 from Idaho. What no Gris?

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm

I see that the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowl are scheduled only two days apart, but wasn’t Troy actually invited to each of them?

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:36 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:24 pm
I see that the Senior Bowl and the Shrine Bowl are scheduled only two days apart, but wasn’t Troy actually invited to each of them?
I think the assumption was that he'd only do the Senior because of timing since it's the bigger game but I'm sure someone on here knows the actual answer.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:54 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
If you look at the article above TA is only on the roster for the Senior Bowl, not the Shrine Bowl. I'm assuming he did pick between the two and is playing in the Senior Bowl as some on here predicted.

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:18 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:
If you look at the article above TA is only on the roster for the Senior Bowl, not the Shrine Bowl. I'm assuming he did pick between the two and is playing in the Senior Bowl as some on here predicted.
The Senior Bowl is the premier all-star bowl with regard to the NFL draft. The following link talks about Troy, the Senior Bowl, and the draft.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/troy ... port-2022/

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate