2022 Recruiting (30 commits, signees and PWOs)

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5217
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:58 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 am

Is he related to Steven Bethley who played for the cats? If so, I’m guessing we recruited him out of high school also?


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
RickRund
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6017
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Post Falls ID

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by RickRund » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:27 pm

mslacatfan wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:58 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 am

Is he related to Steven Bethley who played for the cats? If so, I’m guessing we recruited him out of high school also?
Or at least related. Both from Chino and both from Lugo hs...


msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm

I see former Bobcat, Koby Duru is also moving on as a grad transfer.



QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5217
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:47 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:17 pm
I see former Bobcat, Koby Duru is also moving on as a grad transfer.


He shoulda stuck around. Good chance he would have been a key player the next 2 years on a team that will continue to have a shot at the chipper.


FTG- GO CATS GO!

User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by wbtfg » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm

Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 am
He’s a stud. I’d imagine he gets some Pac-12 looks.



User avatar
BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired
Posts: 2665
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm
Location: Back in the US, but not home

Re: 2022 Recruiting (1 commit, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 pm

Rich K wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:12 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:28 am
AFCAT wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:17 pm
This one surprised me a little. Great to add depth but we are taking a transfer that was benched midway during the season who’s career completion rate is 48%. Obviously Vigen is very aware of his abilities, but I am surprised to see him joining the team.
A poke fan on the Wyoming forum seemed to have enough inside information that he called this move in mid-December. In hindsight it shouldn’t have surprised me either.
Inside information? Or lucky guess? "QB is going to follow the coach that recruited him" is a staple of the message board rumor mill.


"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:17 pm

Former Bobcat, Sherod White got an offer from New Mexico. Sherod has been playing JC ball , where he was an all American.


Edit: looks like he committed.

Last edited by AFCAT on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.


QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm



QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
A-Frame
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 175
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:02 am
Location: Bozeman

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by A-Frame » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm

I’ve got a good source that we’ve got a big-bodied grad transfer receiver coming in. “Lance 2.0” hopefully! To temper expectations I will say that he’s going to be moving up in the NCAA division ranks!


GO CATS!

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am

A-Frame wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm
I’ve got a good source that we’ve got a big-bodied grad transfer receiver coming in. “Lance 2.0” hopefully! To temper expectations I will say that he’s going to be moving up in the NCAA division ranks!
Who? Ravi Alston? A bunch of coaches follow him on Twitter. Div 3 receiver.


QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
ND0479
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 703
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by ND0479 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:39 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am
A-Frame wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm
I’ve got a good source that we’ve got a big-bodied grad transfer receiver coming in. “Lance 2.0” hopefully! To temper expectations I will say that he’s going to be moving up in the NCAA division ranks!
Who? Ravi Alston? A bunch of coaches follow him on Twitter. Div 3 receiver.
I've also heard Coy Steel is coming back, which is great news!



User avatar
coloradocat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2359
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:24 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by coloradocat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:37 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am
A-Frame wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm
I’ve got a good source that we’ve got a big-bodied grad transfer receiver coming in. “Lance 2.0” hopefully! To temper expectations I will say that he’s going to be moving up in the NCAA division ranks!
Who? Ravi Alston? A bunch of coaches follow him on Twitter. Div 3 receiver.
I've also heard Coy Steel is coming back, which is great news!
Really hope that's true. Would be a huge pickup for both WR and PR.


Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:22 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:39 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:24 am
A-Frame wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm
I’ve got a good source that we’ve got a big-bodied grad transfer receiver coming in. “Lance 2.0” hopefully! To temper expectations I will say that he’s going to be moving up in the NCAA division ranks!
Who? Ravi Alston? A bunch of coaches follow him on Twitter. Div 3 receiver.
I've also heard Coy Steel is coming back, which is great news!
Ooooooh, if true that would be awesome. He is so much fun to watch.


QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:19 pm



QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

kwcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2154
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:34 am

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by kwcat » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 am
He’s a stud. I’d imagine he gets some Pac-12 looks.
Relation to former Bobcat Stephen Bethley?

“Montana State tops Stephen F. Austin 43-35
September 15, 2012
In this article:

Montana State Bobcats
Montana State Bobcats


Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks


1/1
Montana State tops Stephen F. Austin 43-35
Montana State wide receiver Jake Olson goes airborne over Stephen F. Austin's Mike Brooks during their NCAA college football game on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012, in Bozeman, Mont. Montana State defeated Stephen F. Austin 43-35. (AP Photo/Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Adrian Sanchez-Gonzalez)
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Cody Kirk scored three touchdowns, including a 6-yard run with 2:26 remaining, to lift Montana State to a 43-35 win over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday. The lead changed hands four times in the fourth quarter, but Kirk's TD made it 40-35, and the Bobcats' Steven Bethley intercepted a pass to set up Rory Perez's 45-yard field goal with 31 seconds left. Kirk finished with 105 yards on 30 carries. Tanner Bleskin caught 10 passes for 180 yards for Montana State (3-0). Brady Attaway threw for 418 yards, a career high, and three touchdowns for Stephen F. Austin (1-2), with Cordell Roberson accounting for 10 receptions, 163 yards and a TD. Montana State held the Lumberjacks to 55 yards rushing. Montana State's DeNarius McGhee threw for 275 yards and two touchdowns.”



User avatar
wbtfg
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 12302
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:52 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by wbtfg » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 pm

kwcat wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am
wbtfg wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm
Hawks86 wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 am
He’s a stud. I’d imagine he gets some Pac-12 looks.
Relation to former Bobcat Stephen Bethley?

“Montana State tops Stephen F. Austin 43-35
September 15, 2012
In this article:

Montana State Bobcats
Montana State Bobcats


Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks
Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks


1/1
Montana State tops Stephen F. Austin 43-35
Montana State wide receiver Jake Olson goes airborne over Stephen F. Austin's Mike Brooks during their NCAA college football game on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012, in Bozeman, Mont. Montana State defeated Stephen F. Austin 43-35. (AP Photo/Bozeman Daily Chronicle, Adrian Sanchez-Gonzalez)
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP) -- Cody Kirk scored three touchdowns, including a 6-yard run with 2:26 remaining, to lift Montana State to a 43-35 win over Stephen F. Austin on Saturday. The lead changed hands four times in the fourth quarter, but Kirk's TD made it 40-35, and the Bobcats' Steven Bethley intercepted a pass to set up Rory Perez's 45-yard field goal with 31 seconds left. Kirk finished with 105 yards on 30 carries. Tanner Bleskin caught 10 passes for 180 yards for Montana State (3-0). Brady Attaway threw for 418 yards, a career high, and three touchdowns for Stephen F. Austin (1-2), with Cordell Roberson accounting for 10 receptions, 163 yards and a TD. Montana State held the Lumberjacks to 55 yards rushing. Montana State's DeNarius McGhee threw for 275 yards and two touchdowns.”
Pretty sure they are brothers.



User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by AFCAT » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:23 pm



QB Club
https://www.msubqc.org
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
Bobcat4Ever
Member # Retired
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:26 pm
Location: Nevada

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:48 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm
Just curious — does Jake Vigen get a home visit as well?



User avatar
LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5370
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Location: Lewistown, MT

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:07 am

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:48 am
AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:26 pm
Just curious — does Jake Vigen get a home visit as well?
I heard MSU is in trouble because Jake’s in home visit occurred during a dead period.



083190
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 968
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:47 pm

Re: 2022 Recruiting (2 commits, 18 signees and PWOs)

Post by 083190 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:01 am

During Jake's in-home visit.... Robbie Hauck had 11 tackles.



Post Reply