Cats @ Sam Houston Predictions

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Cats @ Sam Houston Predictions

Post by Helenabobcat » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:52 am

MSU = 28
SHSU= 21

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:40 am

superbobcat wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 pm
Our young corners aren’t being talked about much, but they have really played well down the stretch. We will need a flawless performance Saturday from them. We will stop their run and the defense will get a score. Coach says 25 is magic number. Bobcats win a good game, 26-24.
Did he say that in the presser? I must have missed that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

aucat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by aucat » Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:00 pm

I just have a good feeling about this game. I predict that our defense will turn in another great performance. And I don't think Tommy gets enough credit for his arm. He really does have a live arm and can connect on passes. I think he was a bit tight last week. It was a big game and his first start, plus you had the horrible windy conditions. I mean my gosh, the Patriots last night only passed for 19 yards in similar conditions. I think Tommy hits enough quick pass routes to open up the running game and allow for a balanced offensive attack.
Cats 27
Texas Kats 23

kwcat
Member # Retired

Post by kwcat » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:02 pm

Looks like decreasing chances of rain and wind on Saturday in Huntsville. I’m sure that’ll change again before Saturday.

js1010
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by js1010 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:06 pm

Bobcats 27
BearScats - 21

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:34 pm

If we were at home, I think we win.

On the road, not sure

All depends on our passing game

Tough spot for a true freshman to be, only his second start. If it were his 5th to 7th start, I'd say we win. Hope he surprises everybody

I thought we'd take it to them last time we went down there, but we got our asses handed to us by a faster, more physical team. Our O couldn't respond, even with our all-everything QB and skill talent.

Really hope I'm wrong, but Kats 24-10

RMD
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by RMD » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:01 pm

27 - 10 BOBCATS!

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:09 pm

I went into my usual paper scratchings admittedly not feeling good about the Bobcats. Thought I would see how much we would lose by. And the answer came out 27-24 SHSU. But then I continued fact-checking. It was hard to find comparisons because of their really lousy schedule. They only played two teams ranked in the top 30.

Steven F. Austin is currently ranked #26 with the #31 offense and the #25 defense. They held Sam to 21 points and scored 20.

Incarnate Word is ranked #16 with the #7 offense and the #59 defense. They gave up 49 (not surprising) and scored 42.

Not all the computers agree that SHSU is number 1. Massey’s excellent rating software says #5 (#5 offense, #17 defense). MSU is #8 (#27 offense, #3 defense).

Now MSU comes in with the #3 defense. The best defense they have seen was #25. Held them to 21. Our defense is almost 8 points better. SFA’s offense is ranked very close to ours — SFA #31 and MSU #27. About a half-point advantage to the ‘Cats. So to the closest comparable matchup, MSU is better by just over 8 points.

So, our defense could hold them to 14 points. If our offense matches SFA’s we would get 20 points. 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals. My pre-analysis bias has flipped!

Bobcats 20
Bearkats 14

Our defense played their best game against T-Mart — 0 points. They need to be sharp again and I believe they will be. The offense must avoid turnovers, especially on our end of the field. That would derail the whole plan. The offense will get a running touchdown and a bomb to McCutcheon, plus run Glessner into position twice. One score per quarter. I saw a whole new attitude + confidence + swagger last Saturday. It will translate well to Texas. Bobcats win! Bobcats win!
Last edited by Bobcat4Ever on Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:16 pm

Our offense gives them a short field that nets a field goal. Defense plays its usual strong game, and the Kats end up with 17.

Our offense is balanced, and the passing game opens up our run game. After trailing in the first half, we break out in the second half. Cats end up with 27.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:09 pm
I went into my usual paper scratchings admittedly not feeling good about the Bobcats. Thought I would see how much we would lose by. And the answer came out 27-24 SHSU. But then I continued fact-checking. It was hard to find comparisons because of their really lousy schedule. They only played two teams ranked in the top 30.

Steven F. Austin is currently ranked #26 with the #31 offense and the #25 defense. They held Sam to 21 points and scored 20.

Incarnate Word is ranked #16 with the #7 offense and the #59 defense. They gave up 49 (not surprising) and scored 42.

Not all the computers agree that SHSU is number 1. Massey’s excellent rating software says #5. MSU is #8.

Now MSU comes in with the #3 defense. The best defense they have seen was #25. Held them to 21. Our defense is almost 8 points better. SFA’s offense is ranked very close to ours — SFA #31 and MSU #27. About a half-point advantage to the ‘Cats. So to the closest comparable matchup, MSU is better by just over 8 points.

So, our defense could hold them to 14 points. If our offense matches SFA’s we would get 20 points. 2 touchdowns and 2 field goals. My pre-analysis bias has flipped!

Bobcats 20
Bearkats 14

Our defense played their best game against T-Mart — 0 points. They need to be sharp again and I believe they will be. The offense must avoid turnovers, especially on our end of the field. That would derail the whole plan. The offense will get a running touchdown and a bomb to McCutcheon, plus run Glessner into position twice. One score per quarter. I saw a whole new attitude + confidence + swagger last Saturday. It will translate well to Texas. Bobcats win! Bobcats win!
Dammit, you're getting my hopes up! Don't get my hopes up!

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:21 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:17 pm
Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Not all the computers agree that SHSU is number 1. Massey’s excellent rating software says #5. MSU is #8.

Bobcats 20
Bearkats 14

Dammit, you're getting my hopes up! Don't get my hopes up!
I know, I know. I was ready to hunker down and take what came, but with that defense and new fire in the offense I think we are ready for this level. SHSU is probably not NDSU or SDSU right now — throw the spring stuff out the window.

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by snowxlt » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Bobcats 26
Kats 22

96 Engineering and 99 Education

Blixtonz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Blixtonz » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:34 pm

Cats: 31
Kats: 17

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:38 pm

Cats- 27
kats- 24

Why not?

LIBBYCAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by LIBBYCAT » Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:55 pm

I love the blue and gold glasses!
I however, predict an absolute coin flip. Cats D vs. Kat’s O keeps us in the game. Our offense will be the deciding factor, combined with turnovers,Our d will likely generate two turnovers. If HW and the Offense keep turnovers with us at +2 we win by 10, 27-17, if not 20-21,them.
Watched UIW game and Kats qb is pretty good. Doesn’t run a lot but is very capable and most of his runs are planned, not scrambles. MO and TA will encourage him to not run in their usual fashion. A couple of sacks will go a long way towards making those turnovers happen. I’m sure you will be surprised to read that if our d and o play well and we are lucky with the turnovers we win, lol.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm

I predict we'll see a lot of running between the tackles and there will be some Bobcat fans that will need to back off the ledge. Vigen won't get away from what MSU's identity is. But we'll see a lot more Elijah Elliott than we saw in the last game. I think he'll score on that little read pass he scored on early in the season. I think it's going to be 31-27 and I'll decide later which team has which score.

Joe Bobcat

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm
I predict we'll see a lot of running between the tackles and there will be some Bobcat fans that will need to back off the ledge. Vigen won't get away from what MSU's identity is. But we'll see a lot more Elijah Elliott than we saw in the last game. I think he'll score on that little read pass he scored on early in the season. I think it's going to be 31-27 and I'll decide later which team has which score.
I've been hoping to see that Elijah Elliot play again for quite awhile and would also love to see some Pickering targets too.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

JDoub
Member # Retired

Post by JDoub » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:49 pm

when was the last time we had a QB1 from Butte? Was it Paul Dennehy?

hmmmm

I think so, which would mean the last time we had a Butte QB1 we won a National Championship

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:09 pm

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:41 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:18 pm
I've been hoping to see that Elijah Elliot play again for quite awhile and would also love to see some Pickering targets too.
I think we saw that play last weekend to Snell but TM overthrew him. I like the play, especially for EE in this game. Agreed on Pickering. He has to be a matchup nightmare for somebody.

jgrilley406
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by jgrilley406 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 pm

Bobcat4Ever wrote:

Not all the computers agree that SHSU is number 1. Massey’s excellent rating software says #5 (#5 offense, #17 defense). MSU is #8 (#27 offense, #3 defense).

Bobcats 20
Bearkats 14

You have to remember too when SHSU played SFA, they didn’t have their starting qb, so without watching the game I’m wondering if SFA loaded the box a little bit and made their 2nd string qb try and beat them. Just wondering that because SHSU’s RB only ran for like 60 yards on 19 carries. SHSU scored over 40 in every game besides that one including last week. Idk how big of a drop off it is between the first and second string qb is, but if it’s significant that might be a reason why that game was so close. Even with that, I definitely feel the talent gap is closer than it was the previous two times we played them. Obviously we have a drop off from qb (McGhee) but our RBs WRs are better than what it was and our overall defense is better than what is was in those previous two meetings (only the d line back then probably has a slight edge).