Willie Patterson

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Willie Patterson

Post by VimSince03 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:45 pm

I thought Willie was great today. By far his best day fielding punts and was a nice security blanket for Tommy when we threw. Really happy for Willie as I felt he was underutilized in the Cat-Griz game when he got open.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Willie Patterson

Post by Lord Vigo » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Agree!

He has taken a lot of grief from fans. So it’s fitting that we acknowledge a great day.

I did think it was hilarious that his best day as a PR guy came in this wind and only after his replacement got hurt!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:17 pm

I owe Willie an apology. He was good today, and had his best game as a returner. Don’t think he made a single mistake.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:17 pm

finally had a return without a flag

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

rivercat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by rivercat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:39 pm

Willie had a spark about him today. Good for him to get this kind of game.

"...get in 21 personnel and pound people and take their souls and have fun doing that..." coach Choate

asstastic
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by asstastic » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 pm

Speaking of Willie, how many of you have seen players motion first down in front of opposing players and get flagged since Willie did it? I’m pretty every game I watch, there are at least 2 and not one has been flagged. SDSU QB just did it to 3 defenders who chased him out of bounds. Such a bull crap rule.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:03 pm

rivercat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Willie had a spark about him today. Good for him to get this kind of game.
He shook a couple guys out of their cleats today on the sideline. He did have a really good game.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-4-0

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:06 pm

Willie was stellar today. The shallower angle of the punts seemed to help him catch the ball more effectively. Nice day receiving.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

Lonepine
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Lonepine » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm

Thought he did a good job stalk blocking defenders to create running lanes

BStinsMSU

Post by BStinsMSU » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:31 pm

Teams need emotional spark plugs like WP, I’m glad he had a good game today. Seemed to be Tommy’s favorite target for most of today

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Living on the KittieKop Legacy...

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Lonepine wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 pm
Thought he did a good job stalk blocking defenders to create running lanes
He's always been a fantastic blocker for sure. On Ifanse's TD run he was still blocking when Ifanse was at the back of the EZ.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:01 pm

This is the Willie we've all been begging for. Great game. =D^

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:46 am

Willie had a great game, receiving as well a punt return. Probably his best game so far. He showed some physicality at the end of the punt return too when he dragged a tackler for an extra 10 yards.

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:49 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:01 pm
This is the Willie we've all been begging for. Great game. =D^
Ditto. We knew he had it in him.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:02 pm

thefrank1 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:06 pm
Willie was stellar today. The shallower angle of the punts seemed to help him catch the ball more effectively. Nice day receiving.
Is this shallower angle you refer to more commonly known as a roll punt? Which everyone (except a handful of us) says is not returnable? I’m confused. Or maybe the handful of us whiners have been right all year??

Whatever. As long as he’s had a fire lit under him and will now do his job moving forward. Well done to whoever got him straightened out.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:02 pm
thefrank1 wrote:
Is this shallower angle you refer to more commonly known as a roll punt? Which everyone (except a handful of us) says is not returnable? I’m confused. Or maybe the handful of us whiners have been right all year??

Whatever. As long as he’s had a fire lit under him and will now do his job moving forward. Well done to whoever got him straightened out.
Nobody has said a roll punt is not returnable, just more difficult to return. And no, what their punter was doing was not a roll punt. He was just kicking it low, and probably not intentionally.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:32 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Nobody has said a roll punt is not returnable, just more difficult to return. And no, what their punter was doing was not a roll punt. He was just kicking it low, and probably not intentionally.
Whatever you say dude.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

tdub
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by tdub » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:26 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Low was 100% intentional, into the wind. Then he boomed it high downwind.

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts. - Dan Gable

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:48 pm

tdub wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:26 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Low was 100% intentional, into the wind. Then he boomed it high downwind.
Yeah, you’re right. That makes more sense.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:49 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:25 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
thefrank1 wrote:

Whatever you say dude.
I wish all conversations with you were this easy!