Just grabbed my tickets!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Just grabbed my tickets!

Post by Camo_Cat » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 am

CodyCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm
Catbacker_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:36 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:24 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:20 pm
If we have 6k fans show up, I will be impressed .
It will be more than that. But I get what you’re saying. I’d say 12k. It’ll be good to send these seniors out. 9-3 isn’t bad. And it will be our best record for quite awhile.
You act like we already lost the game. I suggest you become a Alabama fan if you don’t want a loss or two on the record. I understand being emotional about the loss, I’ve seen your emotions pouring out since yesterday afternoon but we still have a lot to play for and we can turn funk around. I’ll be flying in like I have for every home game this season. Already reserved my tickets and purchased a few for the student as well.
I’ve been a Cat fan for a long time. This wasn’t just a loss. It was pathetic on almost all levels and it’s 100% on the coaching staff. It was a beat down. And I truly don’t think Vigen knows how bad this is and what this means. He may never recover from this.

I will also be at the game. But our defense is going to have to hold them to fewer points than what the defense can score. And that’s tough.
Listen, I get that everyone is down about that loss. And I have been a Cat fan for many, many years. I first started rooting for MSU around 1979, when I first started taking interest in football as a young teen. So I have seen a lot of Cat-Griz games. While Saturday's performance was abysmal on our part, believe me - I have unfortunately seen much worse Bobcat play in that game. It's like battle scars; they'll always be there.

I come from a time when I remember you could get into Bobcat home games for free, because people were standing outside the gate just giving their tickets away. I remember games where attendance was so small, you could roll a bowling ball down the aisle of your section and not hit anyone. I remember hoping, praying we could win Cat-griz because that one win would make for a successful season.

Fast forward to today - six straight home sellouts this season. These days, the Cats don't just play one game a year for state bragging rights. We play for conference championships, we play for playoff berths, we play for national title aspirations. I truly wish I could send some folks on this board back in a time machine and experience a couple seasons like I experienced, where four wins in a season was a success. It's amazing how far we have come. You want to see how bad Bobcat football used to be? Go attend a Northern Colorado home game. Serious.

Yes - I was pissed Saturday. So much so, I couldn't even sleep that night. I completely understand the depression. But Sunday morning came, our beloved Cats got a playoff seed, and I get to watch at least one more game in one of the most electric college football stadiums in the FCS and hang out with y'all Cat fans. Our seniors deserve a loud crowd. If the opportunity presents itself and you can be there, than all the better. The second season has started - let's stand up & cheer!

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 am

The “stand up and cheer” line made me think of this again:

If only the band could learn a different set, and march properly.

Ohhh, they spelled VIM. woohoo.

The exact same show for each game. Boooooooooo

Hope they jazz it up.

Whining about this takes my mind off the pathetic punt returning.

Carry on.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 am

Hope they jazz it up.

Carry on.
If you knew the preparation and time needed to get a marching band set implemented for the season you wouldn't be asking them to change it up. This isn't an HBCU when the marching band literally eats, sleeps and breaths marching band. It takes the director alone 100+ plus hours to make the formations and be sure that where he has the band in the amount of time they need to get there is achievable. Add to that the adaptation of the music for instruments that are not in the arrangement to begin with like flutes it all takes time, so you get one set a year.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:37 am

Got mine yesterday as well. All four are spoken for!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:51 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:07 am
CodyCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:46 pm
Catbacker_1 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:36 pm
CodyCat wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:24 pm
GoCats18 wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:20 pm
If we have 6k fans show up, I will be impressed .
It will be more than that. But I get what you’re saying. I’d say 12k. It’ll be good to send these seniors out. 9-3 isn’t bad. And it will be our best record for quite awhile.
You act like we already lost the game. I suggest you become a Alabama fan if you don’t want a loss or two on the record. I understand being emotional about the loss, I’ve seen your emotions pouring out since yesterday afternoon but we still have a lot to play for and we can turn funk around. I’ll be flying in like I have for every home game this season. Already reserved my tickets and purchased a few for the student as well.
I’ve been a Cat fan for a long time. This wasn’t just a loss. It was pathetic on almost all levels and it’s 100% on the coaching staff. It was a beat down. And I truly don’t think Vigen knows how bad this is and what this means. He may never recover from this.

I will also be at the game. But our defense is going to have to hold them to fewer points than what the defense can score. And that’s tough.
Listen, I get that everyone is down about that loss. And I have been a Cat fan for many, many years. I first started rooting for MSU around 1979, when I first started taking interest in football as a young teen. So I have seen a lot of Cat-Griz games. While Saturday's performance was abysmal on our part, believe me - I have unfortunately seen much worse Bobcat play in that game. It's like battle scars; they'll always be there.

I come from a time when I remember you could get into Bobcat home games for free, because people were standing outside the gate just giving their tickets away. I remember games where attendance was so small, you could roll a bowling ball down the aisle of your section and not hit anyone. I remember hoping, praying we could win Cat-griz because that one win would make for a successful season.

Fast forward to today - six straight home sellouts this season. These days, the Cats don't just play one game a year for state bragging rights. We play for conference championships, we play for playoff berths, we play for national title aspirations. I truly wish I could send some folks on this board back in a time machine and experience a couple seasons like I experienced, where four wins in a season was a success. It's amazing how far we have come. You want to see how bad Bobcat football used to be? Go attend a Northern Colorado home game. Serious.

Yes - I was pissed Saturday. So much so, I couldn't even sleep that night. I completely understand the depression. But Sunday morning came, our beloved Cats got a playoff seed, and I get to watch at least one more game in one of the most electric college football stadiums in the FCS and hang out with y'all Cat fans. Our seniors deserve a loud crowd. If the opportunity presents itself and you can be there, than all the better. The second season has started - let's stand up & cheer!
Excellent post! I grew up in the 60's and 70's when the Cat's had tons of success and the Griz SUCKED!! Survived the 80's and 90's as well with my allegiance and diploma in tow. Been a Bobcat Club (MSU ASA) member since 1983, and have NEVER missed a home playoff game. Not going to start now. GO CATS

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am
DMMDCats wrote:

Hope they jazz it up.

Carry on.
If you knew the preparation and time needed to get a marching band set implemented for the season you wouldn't be asking them to change it up. This isn't an HBCU when the marching band literally eats, sleeps and breaths marching band. It takes the director alone 100+ plus hours to make the formations and be sure that where he has the band in the amount of time they need to get there is achievable. Add to that the adaptation of the music for instruments that are not in the arrangement to begin with like flutes it all takes time, so you get one set a year.
Actually I do understand the work involved. It is a production. Lots of work. Yes. Understood. Like herding musicians. Worse than cats.

Just the work getting from stands to stadium floor can be arduous. Tuba.

But they are the marching band. Are they not? HBCU or Big Sky, still a band. Still march.
I have known one or two over the years, they live it. Etc. this time, at band camp …. You saw the movie.

No reason not to strive to be better.

Anyway it was just deflection from the issue at hand. Distraction.

Happy happpy

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:17 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
DMMDCats wrote:

Hope they jazz it up.

Carry on.
Actually I do understand the work involved. It is a production. Lots of work. Yes. Understood. Like herding musicians. Worse than cats.

But they are the marching band. Are they not? HBCU or Big Sky, still a band. Still march.
I have known one or two over the years, they live it. Etc. this time, at band camp …. You saw the movie.

Happy happpy
So you decided to deflect by unnecessarily trashing the band? Good work.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

DMMDCats

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 pm

coachouert wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
DMMDCats wrote:

Hope they jazz it up.

Carry on.

Happy happpy
Unnecessarily?

I disagree that the SotW was trashed. Just critiqued.

my apologies

line
read
line

Happy Thanksgiving

bobcatozzy

Post by bobcatozzy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:28 pm

Do you also understand. They have to pay to use those songs they play when they are on the field? So if they do different sets with different songs they have to pay accordingly. So if you want them to play different songs donate away.

Rest In peace dad.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 pm
coachouert wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:15 pm
DMMDCats wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
DMMDCats wrote:

Hope they jazz it up.

Carry on.

Happy happpy
Unnecessarily?

I disagree that the SotW was trashed. Just critiqued.

my apologies

line
read
line

Happy Thanksgiving
I understand the deflection and can appreciate it. But I'm going to stick up for the band. I'm not sure what MSU's music department is like, but it's not exactly a department that MSU is known for. This band is so much better than it was even 10 years ago, and I'm thankful for what they do every home game. Makes the gameday experience so much better. And Rob Ash deserves a lot of the credit for the band at football games.

MSU Toddler
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MSU Toddler » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:38 pm

More seats available today (unsold season ticket holders)!

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:08 pm

MSU Toddler wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:38 pm
More seats available today (unsold season ticket holders)!
I cannot seem to buy tickets. Says item not available, a friend of mine has the same problem.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:05 pm

We’re a week past the brawl. Weather Saturday looks good. If you don’t have plans get your tix this week and let’s pack the place. I bought 20 extra for students because we need that end zone rocking.

We have the rest of the week to voice our concerns, but no reason whatsoever to not pack the place as much as we can in what could be our last home game of the season.

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:16 pm

Just got our tickets. Go Cats.

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Anybody know how ticket sales are going?

Hating the griz since 02.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:36 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:35 pm
Anybody know how ticket sales are going?
Still lots left on tickets west.

bubbles
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bubbles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:22 am

Have season ticket holders got their tickets yet? I have not

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 am

bubbles wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:22 am
Yes I received my tickets and parking/tailgate passes via email last week. If you haven't seen them in your email that is tied to your ticketswest account you might want to check with the ticket office.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 am

bubbles wrote:
I got the emails last week before the holiday.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

bubbles
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bubbles » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am

kmax wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:29 am
bubbles wrote:
Yes I received my tickets and parking/tailgate passes via email last week. If you haven't seen them in your email that is tied to your ticketswest account you might want to check with the ticket office.
I ordered them but have not received them