Choate May Be In Trouble

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Re: Choate May Be In Trouble

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:29 pm
Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:25 am
catbooster wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:57 am
Cataholic wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:24 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic you contribute to most of the train wrecks. You did the same thing with bobcat99. Sometimes it's better not to reply and move on.
Am I wrong above? Or does it even matter? Maybe if people were more vocal about some of the crap here, we would see less of it.
You might be right. If we were more vocal about the crap we see here maybe it would result in less crap. So here goes: when you don't like something someone posted, you often get into an argument with them and totally derail the thread. You won't let it go. And often it results in you making personal attacks and/or bringing up the dispute in other threads. You should make your point and then let it go.
In other words, say your piece and then let them continue being dicks. Got it. You may not be aware, but there are hundreds of posters that quit posting here because they got tired of all the garbage. I will step back and let the Belligerents of the world go for it. In my opinion, one step closer to becoming Egriz…
What are the chances you have anything to back that up?
You annoy ****** out of me and I know of guys that quit posting much do to attitudes like yours.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm

I love it when annoying people argue with each other about being annoying. So not annoying. You go boys!! :lol: :coffee:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm

Any chance you ladies can continue your pillow fight over PM?

Godspeed.

Bear Spray II
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Bear Spray II » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:38 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:11 pm
Bear Spray II wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:03 pm
Choate left for a number of reasons, none of which were that his team had peaked. You'd be a fool to not take the Texas job & double your pay & increase your resume & exposure. Let's see, MSU or Texas, hmmm, what should I do, what should I do? He wasn't a fan of our AD & from all accounts 'ran' some of the MSU/coaches meetings they had. Not bashing our AD, but that's a fact. He also knew MSU won't compete at the very top (with NDSU) until we get indoor facilities. Period. Choate was great for MSU & we should all be damn grateful for what he accomplished. He's not an offensive guy though & it showed on that side of the ball. Vigen happens to be a QB guy & should attract better talent at the position. A win in the playoffs this year will only bolster MSU's ability to attract quality athletes to the program. I like the direction and coaching progression. Thank God we didn't hire Lubick.
Not saying you're wrong, but what evidence do you have to support the fact that Choate didn't like Leon?
None that I'd put in writing - as it would require throwing others under the bus. I"m not trying to show off or be a know it all here, far from it. I just know what I know - creditable sources who were in the meetings. Leon's a good guy, and doing his job well - remember why he was hired from SDSU.

We have a great thing going here. Choate rebuilt the culture and laid the groundwork. Vigen will take the next steps. Leon will continue to build infrastructure - indoor practice facilities. Waded understands the importance of sports & supports it. Bozeman's booming. SW MT is the best of the last best place. Just keep everyone pulling the rope the same direction - including us, the fan base. Don't bash Choate folks, he was the best thing that could have happened to us. I walk past the football team daily in the summer months & can tell you they were small when Choate took over. Can't say that today!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:12 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Cataholic you contribute to most of the train wrecks. You did the same thing with bobcat99. Sometimes it's better not to reply and move on.
Am I wrong above? Or does it even matter? Maybe if people were more vocal about some of the crap here, we would see less of it.
You might be right. If we were more vocal about the crap we see here maybe it would result in less crap. So here goes: when you don't like something someone posted, you often get into an argument with them and totally derail the thread. You won't let it go. And often it results in you making personal attacks and/or bringing up the dispute in other threads. You should make your point and then let it go.
In other words, say your piece and then let them continue being dicks. Got it. You may not be aware, but there are hundreds of posters that quit posting here because they got tired of all the garbage. I will step back and let the Belligerents of the world go for it. In my opinion, one step closer to becoming Egriz…
You annoy ****** out of me and I know of guys that quit posting much do to attitudes like yours.
Hi! I would say you annoy me, but I don’t know who you are. Sorry I bother you though!

Anyways, my point was that on a board that has maybe 60 regular posters, I’d be very surprised if hundreds have decided not to post because of people like me. Their loss, if so. I think it goes both ways. Some people might not post because of people like me. Some people might not post because of people like Cataholic. Every message board has these types. I think people are trying to be offended more than is healthy. But hey, if you don’t like me, the ignore button is available.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:33 pm
94VegasCat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
Hi! I would say you annoy me, but I don’t know who you are. Sorry I bother you though!

Anyways, my point was that on a board that has maybe 60 regular posters, I’d be very surprised if hundreds have decided not to post because of people like me. Their loss, if so. I think it goes both ways. Some people might not post because of people like me. Some people might not post because of people like Cataholic. Every message board has these types. I think people are trying to be offended more than is healthy. But hey, if you don’t like me, the ignore button is available.
We need a football game to talk about.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
There are 23,550 TOPICS in this forum. They date back to 2004. On multiple occasions in the past, I have seen some great posts and glanced at the poster to see who posted it. I don’t recognize the username but see the poster is a “Bobcatnation Hall of Famer” with 2,000+ posts. I understand that you have been posting for about 3 months and your experience far outweighs mine, but count me as one who is ready to lose my password for good. If it wasn’t for my love of MSU and the Bobcats, I would have said bye a long time ago.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

Cataholic wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:02 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
There are 23,550 TOPICS in this forum. They date back to 2004. On multiple occasions in the past, I have seen some great posts and glanced at the poster to see who posted it. I don’t recognize the username but see the poster is a “Bobcatnation Hall of Famer” with 2,000+ posts. I understand that you have been posting for about 3 months and your experience far outweighs mine, but count me as one who is ready to lose my password for good. If it wasn’t for my love of MSU and the Bobcats, I would have said bye a long time ago.
I’ve been posting for 3 months and I’ve caused hundreds to leave? Pretty impressive if you ask me.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm

utucats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Football games and signing day are the best days of the year.

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm
Cataholic wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:
I’ve been posting for 3 months and I’ve caused hundreds to leave? Pretty impressive if you ask me.
I was referring to posters like you over time. Sorry to inform that you are not the only BELLIGERENT poster.

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Is Choate still in trouble? Just trying to get the thread back on track.

Remember gents...the PM function is there for a reason!

Anyway, I really wonder if Jeff is going to have more options after all of this coaching staff turnover settles. Will he get a head coach opportunity, offered a DC job at a Power 5, maybe a G5, or does he come full circle and get let go by Texas to only get a Power 5 position job. Now THAT would be something. Maybe he takes a year off and watches Jory.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:04 pm
utucats wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
catbooster wrote:
Cataholic wrote:
BleedingBLue wrote:

Football games and signing day are the best days of the year.
Yes sir. I will add that anyone who doesn’t post because of someone else is ridiculous and is making this out to be more than it is. I’ve taken long breaks from the board because I got tired of it but never because of anyone else.

It’s for sharing opinions and hearing people say it is turning into egriz is something that annoys the ****** out of me. Both sites serve the exact same function so I’d expect some similarities other than the IQ level over here is much higher :D

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm

VimSince03 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:07 pm

Anyway, I really wonder if Jeff is going to have more options after all of this coaching staff turnover settles. Will he get a head coach opportunity, offered a DC job at a Power 5, maybe a G5, or does he come full circle and get let go by Texas to only get a Power 5 position job. Now THAT would be something. Maybe he takes a year off and watches Jory.
He doesn’t seem like the take a year off type to me.

Kudos on attempting to drag the convo back. The war of words with no actual ramifications is not very entertaining.

Might I suggest we raise some money for MSU by starting an annual boxing smoker for BN posters who hate each other? It would be classic. All the pre right smack talk happens on this site!
Last edited by utucats on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:18 pm

I apologize gents. I’ll be done.

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 pm

VimSince03 wrote:

If he ends up being the fall guy for the Longhorns, it’s hard for me to see him moving up.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I would guess that he’d land a head coaching gig in the FCS or a G5 coordinator job.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 pm

utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

Kudos on attempting to drag the convo back. The war of words with no actual ramifications is not very entertaining.

Might I suggest we raise some money for MSU by starting an annual boxing smoker for BN posters who hate each other? It would be classic. All the pre right smack talk happens on this site!
I suspect any boxing smoker with BN posters would be more like a slap fight.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:30 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 pm
utucats wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

I suspect any boxing smoker with BN posters would be more like a slap fight.

That would be hilarious and good ammo for the next time someone starts getting huffy. I know a brief clip of me passing out from exhaustion after throwing two slaps would humble me quickly and take a little of the smart ass out of my next BN post!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm

Lord Vigo wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 pm
VimSince03 wrote:

If he ends up being the fall guy for the Longhorns, it’s hard for me to see him moving up.

Maybe I’ll be surprised, but I would guess that he’d land a head coaching gig in the FCS or a G5 coordinator job.
I'd bet G5 coordinator or the same position he currently has for another P5 school without the inflated co-DC title.

He was at MSU long enough to understand there aren't many better situations at the FCS level. I think he's only a fit as a head coach for a team that needs a rebuild and a strong presence to instill a gritty, hard working culture but will also support his vision financially. How many FCS programs are going to have the level of community/alumni support that MSU has? He won't go to one of the Idaho schools because no matter how great his press conferences are and how many wins he reaches by year three, he won't have the buy in from the community to move their programs forward. I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the FCS, at least until the tail end of his career.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Lord Vigo
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Lord Vigo » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:35 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

I'd bet G5 coordinator or the same position he currently has for another P5 school without the inflated co-DC title.

He was at MSU long enough to understand there aren't many better situations at the FCS level. I think he's only a fit as a head coach for a team that needs a rebuild and a strong presence to instill a gritty, hard working culture but will also support his vision financially. How many FCS programs are going to have the level of community/alumni support that MSU has? He won't go to one of the Idaho schools because no matter how great his press conferences are and how many wins he reaches by year three, he won't have the buy in from the community to move their programs forward. I'd be surprised if he ever comes back to the FCS, at least until the tail end of his career.
Yeah that’s a good point. If he really felt like he hit a glass ceiling in Bozeman, that leaves hardly any options at this level that would be more attractive.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:49 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:28 pm
Lord Vigo wrote:
VimSince03 wrote:

DC at Wazzu? Seems like a pretty good fit, historically, regionally, culturally. He’s the sort of team player they want…would have a defensive minded HC. They were an Oregon loss away from playing in the Pac 12 championship game.

They probably wouldn’t be turned off by his performance at Texas & are close enough to the Big Sky to take note.

My acquaintances in Boise are pretty unhappy with the new coaching staff. So maybe his dream job there opens up sooner rather than later too.