Weber State viewing

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

snowxlt
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Weber State viewing

Post by snowxlt » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:43 pm

here is free link that you can see ESPNu on https://ustvgo.tv It appears you can cast when you maximize once you open to your tv too. Just dont click on vpn link once you open the channel and give it a minute to loadup.

96 Engineering and 99 Education

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:19 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:43 am
Like others have said ESPNU may or may not be part of a sports package, check with your provider first and foremost to see if you can just add it for a month.

Otherwise get a free trial to a number of streaming services. This is from Wikipedia:

Sling TV Sports Extra Package
YouTube TV base package
Hulu + Live TV base package
DirecTV Stream Max package
So... I was playing around trying to figure out how easy it will be to watch the game at my house. From reading the comments here it sounds like I don't get ESPNU with my normal Spectrum subscription... and when I go to the channel it prompts me to upgrade the service. There isn't an option to just add this channel, but rather several other options for Silver, Gold, etc. There is also a Sports package option but ESPNU isn't one of the channels listed? I also have a Roku and would prefer to not set up a subscription to YouTube TV. I just went to the ESPN link on my Roku and did a search. It is showing the game, saying the start time, and says the event has not started yet. Does anyone know if this means I'm good to go... or am I going to have to set up an account somewhere?

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:46 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:19 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Like others have said ESPNU may or may not be part of a sports package, check with your provider first and foremost to see if you can just add it for a month.

Otherwise get a free trial to a number of streaming services. This is from Wikipedia:

YouTube TV base package
So... I was playing around trying to figure out how easy it will be to watch the game at my house. From reading the comments here it sounds like I don't get ESPNU with my normal Spectrum subscription... and when I go to the channel it prompts me to upgrade the service. There isn't an option to just add this channel, but rather several other options for Silver, Gold, etc. There is also a Sports package option but ESPNU isn't one of the channels listed? I also have a Roku and would prefer to not set up a subscription to YouTube TV. I just went to the ESPN link on my Roku and did a search. It is showing the game, saying the start time, and says the event has not started yet. Does anyone know if this means I'm good to go... or am I going to have to set up an account somewhere?
The Roku app should be good to go. If that does fail for some reason, out the ESPN app on your phone and watch that way. To make sure, try to watch to Clemson game at 5pm. The app should prompt you for you Spectrum Login credentials, and then you'll have that task done already when the Cat game starts.

For both Clemson and the Cats, there should be a blue button that says WATCH in the lineup of games/scores.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:46 pm

catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package
I'm pretty sure you won't get it. They'll ask you to verify your subscription through some carrier like Dish, spectrum, youtube, etc. You'll enter your stuff and it will recognize that you don't have a package that includes ESPNU and you won't have access.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:49 pm

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:46 pm
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package
I'm pretty sure you won't get it. They'll ask you to verify your subscription through some carrier like Dish, spectrum, youtube, etc. You'll enter your stuff and it will recognize that you don't have a package that includes ESPNU and you won't have access.
I 2nd this.....that happened to me with the BSC Hoops tourney.

Last night I signed up for a free trial of hulu, and plan to cancel the trial Sunday.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:00 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:49 pm
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package

Last night I signed up for a free trial of hulu, and plan to cancel the trial Sunday.
Thanks guys... but I like CatBot's answer better. :lol: I guess I could try right now to watch whatever is on ESPNU, however when I look online at the ESPNU schedule it looks regional or something... in fact whatever schedule I'm on doesn't even show the Weber\MSU game tonight. Sigh...

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:01 pm

Apologize if this has already been asked, but will the game be replayed on ESPN+, and if so, how soon?

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:23 pm

catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package
I'm a tech dinosaur so hopefully others can help you but I will tell you what happened to me with last weeks game, maybe it applies to you this week but but for your sake I hope not. So last week I had to miss being in the stadium because of an unplanned trip out of state. I was in TX and hoped to watch the game on ESPN+. The day before the game I was on + watching something else and then I clicked on our game and got the message you'd expect "This event has not yet started."

Ok now jump to game day and I was watching the earlier started games like the grizz game and the EWU game and I again clicked on our game which wasn't supposed to start for about another 40 minutes and got the same expected "This event has not yet started."
So come game time I clicked on our game, fully expecting to get it but instead got this: "This event has been blacked out in your area."
I'll admit that I hadn't paid much or any attention to the fact that this was a root game because as I said I had expected to be in the stadium but here's what really pissed me off about the situation. ESPN+ had to be fully aware of the fact that this game was blacked out for me the 2 times that I had clicked on our game previous to the start time. Why the $^%#&**(#@$# didn't they tell me a day or 40 minutes earlier instead of waiting till game time? That's a crap way of being in the communication business. It also made no sense to me that the black out area would reach TX. The tech support at ESPN didn't understand that either and was sure they could get the game on my laptop or phone but was unable to and couldn't get the replay the next few days either. Better communication on their end would've given me the time and option of making arrangements and changes to get the game.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:00 pm
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package

Thanks guys... but I like CatBot's answer better. :lol: I guess I could try right now to watch whatever is on ESPNU, however when I look online at the ESPNU schedule it looks regional or something... in fact whatever schedule I'm on doesn't even show the Weber\MSU game tonight. Sigh...
FYI - this is the ESPNU schedule I was looking at. Cat game isn't on it. I'm guessing it's just wrong.

https://www.espn.com/espnu/guide.html

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:45 pm

catatac wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:33 pm
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package

FYI - this is the ESPNU schedule I was looking at. Cat game isn't on it. I'm guessing it's just wrong.

That's the type of thing I would've probably done if I had seen any indication that I was going to be blacked out but noooo they lead me on and then slammed the door in my face.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

seataccat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by seataccat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:51 pm

CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package
I get espn through sling orange package. I wonder if I need to upgrade?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
Voltaire

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:00 pm

catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package

Not sure where you got to the guide page but when I go to that link and use the days of the week up near the top it is showing that it a schedule for April 15th 2005 so not too surprised that the Cats game isn't listed. :lol:

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/t ... 427babe201 shows the game as upcoming on ESPNU.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

FYI
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by FYI » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:34 pm

If you have Spectrum try Channel 407 ESPNU. I am looking at it on my channel guide right now. 7 PM

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:49 pm

kmax wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:00 pm
catatac wrote:
catatac wrote:
wbtfg wrote:
kennethnoisewater wrote:
catatac wrote:
CelticCat wrote:

YouTube TV base package

Not sure where you got to the guide page but when I go to that link and use the days of the week up near the top it is showing that it a schedule for April 15th 2005 so not too surprised that the Cats game isn't listed. :lol:

https://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/_/t ... 427babe201 shows the game as upcoming on ESPNU.
I've been down this road one too many times. Once the game is able to be seen and you click on the game, it will take you to your "tv provider" selection page, and you will select if you have one on the page, and then will discover if you can. For some of us, this wonderful ESPN deal is not so wonderful...sadly.

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:56 pm

ESPN+ is like $100/ year
You can sign up for a 14 day free trial with YouTube tv and watch the game. Plenty of options and if you want to watch the game it’s doable and cheap.

If your left, you aren’t right.

Bobcat4Ever

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:56 pm
ESPN+ is like $100/ year
You can sign up for a 14 day free trial with YouTube tv and watch the game. Plenty of options and if you want to watch the game it’s doable and cheap.
ESPN+ is $69.99/year or $6.99/month. It has a tremendous amount of college sports, including men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball and track and field and skiing. It’s like PlutoTV for the Big Sky plus almost all of the other NCAA conferences. I’ve had a subscription for years as I follow some non-Big Sky teams and I’ve been able to watch a lot of our OOC basketball games and a lot of our volleyball tournaments. If one were to start/stop ESPN+ for just the six months of winter sports it would only be $41.94/season. The streaming has always been solid whether I’ve been in Montana or Nevada.

The Big Sky has monkey-wrenched the deal somewhat with their previously engaged contracts with Root and SWX. For SWX games MSU has to do their own barebones production for the ESPN+ streaming platform. Root turns out to be a problem because of their affiliation with AT&T SportsNet which has a pretty big footprint and requires exclusive rights which bars streaming being sent to ESPN+. AT&T SportsNet seems to be available primarily on standard cable systems. The only reason I have a cable connection here (with TDS) is to get AT&T so I can watch the Root football and basketball games. I really do object to that cost as compared to ESPN+. I sincerely hope that the Big Sky rethinks some of these things from the fan’s perspective.

By the way, I will be watching ESPNU on my TV using the YouTube TV app. I subscribed to YouTube TV to “cut the cord” with TDS. I really, really like the service. I tried HuluTV and found it very confusing and with hard to use, size-limited recording space. YouTube TV recording has unlimited size and is crazy easy to use. Click the + button on a Bobcat game and it asks if you want the single game, all games for either school, or all conference games. So simple. I love it. $64.99 a month for my setup, I think. Plus $9.99 for the sports add on.

It should not require all the detectives on Bobcat Nation to decipher the yearly viewing puzzle. But I do want to thank everyone who pitches in, if just to say you are confused. I’ve learned a lot here.

Go ‘Cats, beat the Wildcats!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm

:45 til gametime. 4 beers in. Tomorrow’s going to hurt

LFG!!!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:29 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm

LFG!!!
If we win, I’m gonna wean the ****** out of those calves tomorrow.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:51 pm

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:29 pm
wbtfg wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm

LFG!!!
If we win, I’m gonna wean the ****** out of those calves tomorrow.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Hi-Line Bobcat

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:48 pm

Those calves are gonna feel it tomorrow. All that anxiety from the game is gonna come out tomorrow.