Instantaneous in game commentary

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Instantaneous in game commentary

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:18 am

THAT IS WHAT BOBCATNATION IS ALL ABOUT.

This is a fan message board that allows us to comment in any fashion within the rules.

If I’m going to be pissed off and be able to comment in the first quarter of the game because our team looks flat and slow and unprepared, then by golly that’s what I’m going to say. I’m 51 years old and I’ve watched MSU football since I could tie my shoes. Many of us old farts remember watching when we were the screaming sh!ts and couldn’t get out of our own way. That’s what we looked like in the first quarter yesterday. We know that it’s a four quarter game. The beauty of this whole premise though is that we get to b!tch and moan about how crappy we look, RIGHT NOW IN THE MOMENT.

THAT IS THE BEAUTY OF THIS PLACE.

It is really simple for some key board warriors (that’s ALL of us) to come and comment afterwards that ‘gee guys calm down we won’ and look like the smart guy.

Remember that we’re on a chat board that allows INSTANTANEOUS FEEDBACK

BEEN HERE A LONG DAMN TIME AND LOVE IT!

Thank you Bay Area Cat, RTB, and Kevin. Sorry if it’s not Kevin. Been on here since 2004 and if you look back through every game day thread, it’s the same every week.

Quit acting holier than thou when we rant.

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Instantaneous in game commentary

Post by coloradocat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 am

When I go to games my dad is the only person nearby that understands/cares what the team is doing well/poorly. Everyone else is either a student that has spilled over from their section or a casual fan there to take in some mindless entertainment. This website is an entire community that cares and at least tries to understand. The passion amongst us is what makes this place great and why there are so many regular posters.

Go Bobcat Fans!

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Clinton T
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Clinton T » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:58 am

94VegasCat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:18 am

This is a fan message board that allows us to comment in any fashion within the rules.

If I’m going to be pissed off and be able to comment in the first quarter of the game because our team looks flat and slow and unprepared, then by golly that’s what I’m going to say. I’m 51 years old and I’ve watched MSU football since I could tie my shoes. Many of us old farts remember watching when we were the screaming sh!ts and couldn’t get out of our own way. That’s what we looked like in the first quarter yesterday. We know that it’s a four quarter game. The beauty of this whole premise though is that we get to b!tch and moan about how crappy we look, RIGHT NOW IN THE MOMENT.

It is really simple for some key board warriors (that’s ALL of us) to come and comment afterwards that ‘gee guys calm down we won’ and look like the smart guy.

Thank you Bay Area Cat, RTB, and Kevin. Sorry if it’s not Kevin. Been on here since 2004 and if you look back through every game day thread, it’s the same every week.

This. Can't people read a knee jerk reaction without having to flex their moral muscle? It's a gameday thread folks - get over yourselves!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:04 am

Clinton T wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:58 am
94VegasCat wrote:

This. Can't people read a knee jerk reaction without having to flex their moral muscle? It's a gameday thread folks - get over yourselves!
Were there people flexing their moral muscle? I was following the game thread and sure didn’t notice anything.

I went back and looked and still don’t see anything that was out of bounds. @94VegasCat made one comment in the game thread and I don’t think anyone disagreed with him.

I’m not sure where this came from.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:17 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:04 am

Were there people flexing their moral muscle? I was following the game thread and sure didn’t notice anything.

I went back and looked and still don’t see anything that was out of bounds. @94VegasCat made one comment in the game thread and I don’t think anyone disagreed with him.

I'd guess that the fact this was posted at 4:00 AM is relevant.

Pucket21
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Pucket21 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:27 am

Agreed, speak whats on your mind and stay on subject and all is good.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:40 am

My moral muscle is above average.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am

wbtfg wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

I haven’t read much of anything, tend to avoid the boards during/after games, but if I had to guess, I’d guess he said something inflammatory/reactionary and it went poorly for that take afterwards

I’m as guilty as anybody of reactionary takes, but I’ll admit they were dumb and reactionary. Just admit it was dumb and move on, that’s what I do.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:30 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am
wbtfg wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

I haven’t read much of anything, tend to avoid the boards during/after games, but if I had to guess, I’d guess he said something inflammatory/reactionary and it went poorly for that take afterwards

I’m as guilty as anybody of reactionary takes, but I’ll admit they were dumb and reactionary. Just admit it was dumb and move on, that’s what I do.
That’s the thing, there really wasnt anything like that. It was all pretty tame

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am

It's kind of like golf. Hit a bad shot and it's : "I hate this F-ing game and I will never play again". Hit a great shot and it's: "This is a great game and let's play again tomorrow"! Oh, and those two shots can be two holes apart.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:01 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am
It's kind of like golf. Hit a bad shot and it's : "I hate this F-ing game and I will never play again". Hit a great shot and it's: "This is a great game and let's play again tomorrow"! Oh, and those two shots can be two holes apart.

Ha, pretty much sums up this message board every single year.

“Fire choate!!!!!”.... the next game- “best bobcat coach of all time!!!”

FTG- GO CATS GO!

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm

My comments were in the thread about “some things never change”

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:04 pm

94VegasCat wrote:

Please come to the basketball board this winter. I get the hell beat out of me for being too negative! It’s like this board is an extension of my wife. 😇

Clinton T

Post by Clinton T » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:17 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:30 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:10 am
wbtfg wrote:
Clinton T wrote:
94VegasCat wrote:

That’s the thing, there really wasnt anything like that. It was all pretty tame
I took it more as a historical take…but I didn’t notice the 4:00 AM time stamp… :-)

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by 94VegasCat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:02 pm

The 4am time stamp was associated with my old man bladder. While I was reading through the thread about the same ol same ol.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:31 pm

OH YEAH?? WELL YOU EAT BOOGERS FOR BREAKFAST AND THROW LIKE A GIRL!!

Sorry. It’s late and I’m overreacting. 🙇🏼‍♂️

RockyBearCat

Post by RockyBearCat » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:38 am

gtapp wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:42 am
those two shots can be two holes apart.
Heck, they can be from the same tee box or on the same green! :oops: :D

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 am

FWIW, the players and the coach agreed — really lousy start.