The Official-unofficial Bobcat-PSU gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-PSU gameday thread

Post by Common Cat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:36 pm

Gritty win - these are valuable

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 pm

The hit by Okada in the 3rd was the hit of the year. Runner stopped like he hit a brick wall. Okada didn’t move an inch.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:44 pm

Rich K wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 pm
The hit by Okada in the 3rd was the hit of the year. Runner stopped like he hit a brick wall. Okada didn’t move an inch.
I think Hardy would like a word...

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:46 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:44 pm
Rich K wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:41 pm
I think Hardy would like a word...
The fact that there are several to choose from is wonderful

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly thread should be fun!

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:26 pm
Bocephus wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:23 pm
Never been so happy for a game to be over. Survive and get the hell out I guess.
I honestly think a game like this is necessary to get where we want to go. We learned more about our weaknesses and what other teams might exploit today than over the last 3 weeks. We need to figure out how to get production out of more than just McCutcheon and Ifanse though. Lots of good film to look at... If the cameras actually caught half the action lol.
Damn you @technoCat i was waiting for good, bad, ugly haha! We are totally two dimensional, we run into a D that can neutralize Mccutcheon and stack the box to key on Ifanse and we are toast. Gotta utilize our other weapons, we have em.

The big takeaway is that we struggled badly, and won. We played them as tough as their FBS opponents did at home and we had to go to that joke of a stadium. I think PSU is better than people give them credit. Think of what we could have done with Davis Alexander at Qb the last 5 years, he is LEGIT

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm

RobertCats wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:58 pm
technoCat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:
Never been so happy for a game to be over. Survive and get the hell out I guess.
I honestly think a game like this is necessary to get where we want to go. We learned more about our weaknesses and what other teams might exploit today than over the last 3 weeks. We need to figure out how to get production out of more than just McCutcheon and Ifanse though. Lots of good film to look at... If the cameras actually caught half the action lol.
Damn you @technoCat i was waiting for good, bad, ugly haha! We are totally two dimensional, we run into a D that can neutralize Mccutcheon and stack the box to key on Ifanse and we are toast. Gotta utilize our other weapons, we have em.

The big takeaway is that we struggled badly, and won. We played them as tough as their FBS opponents did at home and we had to go to that joke of a stadium. I think PSU is better than people give them credit. Think of what we could have done with Davis Alexander at Qb the last 5 years, he is LEGIT
Did Alexander play in the Spring game against the griz?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm
RobertCats wrote:
technoCat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Yep.

RobertCats
Member # Retired

Post by RobertCats » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm

gtapp wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm
RobertCats wrote:
technoCat wrote:
Bocephus wrote:

Yep, 15-25 for 193 with 1 td 1 int

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Post by The Butcher » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:28 pm

I would definitely say 30 carries from Ifanse is unreasonable. That is too much wear and tear this early in the season.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:28 pm
I would definitely say 30 carries from Ifanse is unreasonable. That is too much wear and tear this early in the season.
Agreed. We have depth at RB. We want Ifanse in prime shape down the stretch.

technoCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by technoCat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:05 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:38 pm
The Butcher wrote:
Do we have depth? All we've seen is Elliott. I thought we'd be going 3-5 deep each game. I'm surprised we haven't seen more Martin running the ball even with his shift to FB.

DIE HARD CATS FAN SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:40 pm

technoCat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:05 pm
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Do we have depth? All we've seen is Elliott. I thought we'd be going 3-5 deep each game. I'm surprised we haven't seen more Martin running the ball even with his shift to FB.
We're really missing Logan Jones this year. He was the perfect switchup to Ifanse. I think once Lane Sumner gets back he will show better in the run game than anyone else at this point.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 pm

technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
Well. We’ve got dudes. But we aren’t seeing much…

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:41 am

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:41 pm
technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
There are 8 players listed as running back on the roster. Six are freshmen. Sumner is out, he’s the only non-frosh besides Ifanse. Martin and Elliott are slowly getting more involved. Hosey has been banged up. Not sure how ready Coon, Renning and Olivo are.

I doubt Ifanse has another game with 30 carries. He was hot yesterday, so it was hard not calling his number.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:39 pm
onceacat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
There are 8 players listed as running back on the roster. Six are freshmen. Sumner is out, he’s the only non-frosh besides Ifanse. Martin and Elliott are slowly getting more involved. Hosey has been banged up. Not sure how ready Coon, Renning and Olivo are.

I doubt Ifanse has another game with 30 carries. He was hot yesterday, so it was hard not calling his number.
Yeah I bet the inexperience had a lot to do with other guys not getting as many carries in a tight game yesterday. Ifanse has always been pretty good at ball security. That's something you worry about and don't know much about with inexperienced guys. If Sumner was healthier I'd bet he would have got some 4th quarter carries to spell Ifanse.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:45 pm
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

Yeah I bet the inexperience had a lot to do with other guys not getting as many carries in a tight game yesterday. Ifanse has always been pretty good at ball security. That's something you worry about and don't know much about with inexperienced guys. If Sumner was healthier I'd bet he would have got some 4th quarter carries to spell Ifanse.
It’s probably worth remembering that guys listed as Redshirt freshmen are academically juniors & could conceivably be graduating at the end of the year.

I get that putting the ball in Isaiahs hands to close out the win with a time sucking drive in the 4th is understandable. It’s just not sustainable.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 pm

onceacat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

It’s probably worth remembering that guys listed as Redshirt freshmen are academically juniors & could conceivably be graduating at the end of the year.

I get that putting the ball in Isaiahs hands to close out the win with a time sucking drive in the 4th is understandable. It’s just not sustainable.
They're academic year and age have nothing to do with experience though. Elliot has played in 4 games now. I'd prefer Ifanse run the ball 4 or 5 extra times than give the ball to a guy who has 4 games under his belt.

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:33 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:03 pm
onceacat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:59 pm
BleedingBLue wrote:
TomCat88 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
technoCat wrote:
onceacat wrote:
The Butcher wrote:

They're academic year and age have nothing to do with experience though. Elliot has played in 4 games now. I'd prefer Ifanse run the ball 4 or 5 extra times than give the ball to a guy who has 4 games under his belt.
We aren’t talking 4 or 5 extra times. We are talking 10 or 12