Just the webcam on the B A C

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

PHAT CAT
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: Just the webcam on the B A C

Post by PHAT CAT » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:11 am

fsburr1 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:43 pm
I don't know why they are putting plywood in so many window holes. Is this to secure the building?? Have they broken that many?? Are there that many missing from the order or back ordered?? These guys have been at this for 2 months and I think we're going to open with plywood in many of the window spaces. It looks really bad from Kagy.
Glass has been a real problem to get and replace, when it shows up cracked or broke. A lot of things have been a problem to get. Martel Construction is doing everything they can to finish this project. COVID has messed up a lot of supply chains. Be damn happy we have a good Bozeman based company building this project.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:49 am

Hi-Line Bobcat wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:50 pm
allcat wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:08 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:39 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:45 pm
You ever worked somewhere, where a customer constantly complains about little things that amount to nothing, so finally you do just a little thing out of spite?

I’m sure that’s not what’s happening though. ;)
Yup, and then you keep calling or emailing that same customer every month or so for another donation for one project or another….hilarious. It’s not like you give a crap about them.
It’s just a joke big guy. Lighten up.
You are not a good person. It's like you think you are.
He probably is a great guy who likes to speak his mind. Wish more people did. Mask up Montana, you don’t want to catch a cold.
Do you read his posts. This is not speaking your mind it is internet nobody knows me nasty.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:48 am

catsrback76 wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:52 pm
iaafan wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:06 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:22 pm
They knocked out the right side early this morning or late last night. I checked the cam around 7:00am and the asphalt was already down.

Amazing what a difference that makes.
Remembering all the hand wringing earlier about getting things done on time...are we still worried? 8)
According to the post right before yours, yes, we'll still worried. But at least it "looks" essentially complete on the outside.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:51 am

IS there something special about the glass they are using (break proof)?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:01 am

fsburr1 wrote:
I don't know why they are putting plywood in so many window holes. Is this to secure the building?? Have they broken that many?? Are there that many missing from the order or back ordered?? These guys have been at this for 2 months and I think we're going to open with plywood in many of the window spaces. It looks really bad from Kagy.
It's under construction. They're still building. Who knows, maybe something did break. Maybe they measured something wrong. Maybe one size or type of window is back ordered. They have almost 4 weeks to finish, but in the meantime--and I know this is unacceptable for some people--this construction project that is still in progress will look like a construction project that is still in progress. If there's still plywood on the windows after September 11, by all means, complain about how it looks. My guess is, even if they have the wrong windows, they'll install something temporary before Gold Rush. Getting this to the point at least of looking completed is a very high priority for both MSU and Martel Construction. Some said there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell this thing gets done before September 11, and we're 24 days out complaining that some of the windows aren't in.

thefrank1

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:19 am

It will be functional if only the showers and locker rooms are ready. The rest can be worked around.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:56 am

Now what the hell are we looking at? The back of a monitor?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:10 am

PHAT CAT wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:11 am
fsburr1 wrote:
Glass has been a real problem to get and replace, when it shows up cracked or broke. A lot of things have been a problem to get. Martel Construction is doing everything they can to finish this project. COVID has messed up a lot of supply chains. Be damn happy we have a good Bozeman based company building this project.
I just finished reading a fantastic book, written by someone from Bozeman, about the Martel family. The book is historical fiction so not everything in it is true but much of it is based on interviews and actual events. Fascinating to me how a Ukrainian family ends up in Bozeman. It is a great read if you like that sort of thing. The book mostly takes place during WW II but comes to present time. Reading this book will give you some perspective on why they are so driven. I recommend it highly.

The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:38 am

gtapp wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:56 am
Now what the hell are we looking at? The back of a monitor?
Nah, the smoke was that bad in Bozeman today.
Just kidding.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:27 pm

I'm up in Bozeman today and took some pics. I'll post them when I get home.
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on the Webcam. I guess it's just too darn hard to keep it pointed in the right direction.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm

I see the camera is pointing at the sky BUT on the left is a crane! The only reason I can think of for a crane at this stage is for the Cat logo!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 pm

gtapp wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm
I see the camera is pointing at the sky BUT on the left is a crane! The only reason I can think of for a crane at this stage is for the Cat logo!
They were installing a big ladder system to the top floor. I took pics.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:56 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:27 pm
gtapp wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:41 pm
They were installing a big ladder system to the top floor. I took pics.
Let's see, heating and cooling units, roofing material, and stair units that are on the pavement.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:15 am

BUMP

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am

No more webcam. Any updates? Is the cat head up yet? Curious minds need to know!!

Cats15

Post by Cats15 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:54 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:21 am
No more webcam. Any updates? Is the cat head up yet? Curious minds need to know!!
Just walked by and still no cat head! They are very busy on the inside. Besides the locker room, I don't think much else is finished.

Team10

Post by Team10 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm

PHAT CAT wrote:
fsburr1 wrote:
The glass problem is such a lie. Flat glass is far more available and the turn around is much faster than other types of glass at this point. The tempered glass they are waiting for would arrive in one week MAYBE two weeks tops. If it's the store front metal they are waiting for that's another story, but if it's glass that's a BS excuse.

PHAT CAT

Post by PHAT CAT » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:03 pm

Team10 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:29 pm
PHAT CAT wrote:
fsburr1 wrote:
The glass problem is such a lie. Flat glass is far more available and the turn around is much faster than other types of glass at this point. The tempered glass they are waiting for would arrive in one week MAYBE two weeks tops. If it's the store front metal they are waiting for that's another story, but if it's glass that's a BS excuse.
I guess when Jason Martel took me on a tour of the BAC in early August, he was lying to me. I guess when I talked to him last Sunday, he was lying too. PM me and I'll give you his cell phone. You can call him and tell him he's a liar. Better yet, go to his office on Church St. and do it face to face. Hope you don't like eating corn on the cob.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:12 pm

Maybe no cathead, but we have dueling clinics in the endzones.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 am

Based on what I see looking in the windows and what others have told me that have been inside in the last couple of week, I doubt it will be done by the end of this year. They did a really good job getting it this far along with all the problems Covid created. No one's fault it just takes longer these days.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN