GOLD HELMETS

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

msubobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

GOLD HELMETS

Post by msubobcat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Any word if we still have gold helmets? Have not worn in games yet and pictures I have seen of practice they are in white helmets.

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: GOLD HELMETS

Post by Common Cat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:23 pm

I'd like to see them too. I'd also like to see a grey set of uniforms- kinda like our basketball uniforms.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

HiLineCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by HiLineCat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Since when has gray become one of our school colors? The last time we wore gray were the ugliest uniforms I've seen us in.

HiLineCat

Post by HiLineCat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Since when has gray become one of our school colors? The last time we wore gray were the ugliest uniforms I've seen us in.

Common Cat

Post by Common Cat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 pm

HiLineCat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm
Can I offer you a snickers?

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 pm
HiLineCat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:32 pm
Can I offer you a snickers?

Cru Jones
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cru Jones » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 pm

msubobcat wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Any word if we still have gold helmets? Have not worn in games yet and pictures I have seen of practice they are in white helmets.
There's an issue with the helmet factory, the gold's are sent in for refurbishing. But long delays at the factory just like every other industry. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the gold helmets until the very end of the year.

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 am

Cru Jones wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:41 pm
msubobcat wrote:
There's an issue with the helmet factory, the gold's are sent in for refurbishing. But long delays at the factory just like every other industry. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see the gold helmets until the very end of the year.
The helmet situation is bad. Riddell can't get anything and high schools are scrambling to get enough for their teams. I hadn't thought about this for MSU. Under Armour has been struggling bad with supply for over a year now--I'd imagine that's even impacting how many different uniform sets we're seeing.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 am

kennethnoisewater wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:04 am
Cru Jones wrote:
msubobcat wrote:
The helmet situation is bad. Riddell can't get anything and high schools are scrambling to get enough for their teams. I hadn't thought about this for MSU. Under Armour has been struggling bad with supply for over a year now--I'd imagine that's even impacting how many different uniform sets we're seeing.
I like the uniforms we have so any delay in receiving new sets doesn't bother me.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:18 am

coloradocat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Cru Jones wrote:
msubobcat wrote:
I like the uniforms we have so any delay in receiving new sets doesn't bother me.
As long as they aren't dark pink and faded black they're fine. Maybe no Halloween colors either .

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:33 am

allcat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:18 am
coloradocat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 am
kennethnoisewater wrote:
Cru Jones wrote:
msubobcat wrote:
As long as they aren't dark pink and faded black they're fine. Maybe no Halloween colors either .
Oh those were hideous. I don't even think there's a griz fan out there that liked those.

duelalumnicat

Post by duelalumnicat » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am

The white helmets are ok, but I miss the traditional gold helmet/blue jersey combination. Maybe the gold helmets will be available for the trip to Missoula.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:54 am

duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am
The white helmets are ok, but I miss the traditional gold helmet/blue jersey combination. Maybe the gold helmets will be available for the trip to Missoula.
No, the Cats should wear the white helmets in the brawl, just like they have done for the past four victories. White helmets with the M decal for the past three victories.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:54 am
duelalumnicat wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:38 am
No, the Cats should wear the white helmets in the brawl, just like they have done for the past four victories. White helmets with the M decal for the past three victories.
You certainly do not mess with mojo like that!

ND0479

Post by ND0479 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:33 pm

The gold helmets are still being refurbished...which seems odd. Had over a year to knock that out.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:40 pm

What is 'helmet refurbishing"?

I assume it has nothing to do with painting so if we really wanted different colored helmets we could just have a set of existing ones painted, right?

Does anyone know what our current lineup of helmets is (examples of each)?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

Catsrgrood

Post by Catsrgrood » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:55 pm

I personally like the white helmets with the Cat logo outline. Haven’t seen that for a few years. It’s been either the M, the camo Cat logo or Cat script.
I like them all, but it’s been nice to see the straight Cat logo for the first time in awhile.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:56 pm

They probably had helmets they needed to replace and it's HARD to get helmets right now. A lot of the middle schools in Billings have kids with helmets from surrounding high schools, and even some colleges that had a few extras. And those are just plain white helmets for the most part.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Catsrgrood wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:55 pm
I personally like the white helmets with the Cat logo outline. Haven’t seen that for a few years. It’s been either the M, the camo Cat logo or Cat script.
I like them all, but it’s been nice to see the straight Cat logo for the first time in awhile.
Same here.

Cat > Cats > M > Camo

Bobcat Sig

Post by Bobcat Sig » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:23 pm

I dig the white helmets, no matter the decal. Of those, my all time favorite was the American flag coloring of the cat head.

I would be we see the gold helmets and pants for Homecoming.

griz fans; keeping it classy and gracious in winning since ... well, never.