The Official-unofficial Bobcat-San Diego gameday thread

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

The Butcher
Golden Bobcat

Re: The Official-unofficial Bobcat-San Diego gameday thread

Post by The Butcher » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:57 pm
How about Jeffrey Manning on this play? Doing his best DK Metcalf run down impression. Talk about hustle.

You know you are old school when you keep hearing Ty O’Connor. 😂

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:35 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:06 pm
This is a great audio clip from Ty. I think he has a similar speech pattern and cadence as Choate.

Fun quote: "I was saying to the QB, 'hey man, we're calling out half your plays out here,' and he said, 'yea it kinda sucks being out here'"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Safe to say we had their number today!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:14 pm
wbtfg wrote:
This is a great audio clip from Ty. I think he has a similar speech pattern and cadence as Choate.

Ty could be a professional speaker!
Yup. I don’t know if he wants to get into coaching after college, but he sure SOUNDS like he could be a great coach someday. Some people are just naturally great at public speaking, he is impressive.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Helenabobcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Helenabobcat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:05 pm

The Butcher wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:15 pm
AFCAT wrote:
How about Jeffrey Manning on this play? Doing his best DK Metcalf run down impression. Talk about hustle.

You know you are old school when you keep hearing Ty O’Connor. 😂
I do the same every time I hear his name!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm

I’m surprised at the amount of negativity in here.

Now, this isn’t a perfect team, and it wasn’t a perfect performance. There is work that has to be done. Take the OL for example. Excellent in pass protection, needs work in the run game. Now, when you stop and think about it, there’s one player playing the same position he did in 2019, and that’s Redd. So it’s gonna take some time for them to gel in the run game, it doesn’t happen overnight, and it takes reps. They’ll get there.

McKay is the best QB we’ve had since Prukop. He throws the best ball on the team, and he’s quite mobile. Lance McCutcheon…man, I was not a believer, but he is good! Love Snell and the rest of the TE’s. Studs.

On the defense, I’m not sure who even is our best defensive player is. There are arguments to be made for Benson, Okada, Hardy, and Andersen. It is as good of a defense as I can remember seeing. Vigen wasn’t kidding when he said the CB position might be the most talented. They’ve been excellent, and missing the best player.

Finally, the coaching. I really liked Choate. A lot. But this coaching staff…man, these guys just rarely make mistakes. You hardly see penalties. Guys scrambling on and off the field. I absolutely love the defensive scheme. Before we were more read and react, and now it’s a lot more aggressive. The blitzes that Banks drew up for today were phenomenal.

This is the best team we’ve had in a while. I think it’s up there with the McGhee teams if not better. Enjoy it.

94VegasCat
Golden Bobcat
Location: Physically in northern Montana but my heart and soul are in Bobcat Stadium

Post by 94VegasCat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:30 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Now, this isn’t a perfect team, and it wasn’t a perfect performance. There is work that has to be done. Take the OL for example. Excellent in pass protection, needs work in the run game. Now, when you stop and think about it, there’s one player playing the same position he did in 2019, and that’s Redd. So it’s gonna take some time for them to gel in the run game, it doesn’t happen overnight, and it takes reps. They’ll get there.

McKay is the best QB we’ve had since Prukop. He throws the best ball on the team, and he’s quite mobile. Lance McCutcheon…man, I was not a believer, but he is good! Love Snell and the rest of the TE’s. Studs.

On the defense, I’m not sure who even is our best defensive player is. There are arguments to be made for Benson, Okada, Hardy, and Andersen. It is as good of a defense as I can remember seeing. Vigen wasn’t kidding when he said the CB position might be the most talented. They’ve been excellent, and missing the best player.

Finally, the coaching. I really liked Choate. A lot. But this coaching staff…man, these guys just rarely make mistakes. You hardly see penalties. Guys scrambling on and off the field. I absolutely love the defensive scheme. Before we were more read and react, and now it’s a lot more aggressive. The blitzes that Banks drew up for today were phenomenal.

This is the best team we’ve had in a while. I think it’s up there with the McGhee teams if not better. Enjoy it.
Redd used to be the Center

GO CATS GO. ESG! GO CATS GO

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 pm

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Post by nevadacat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:49 pm

Helenabobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Holy cow! =D^ Looked like everyone else was standing still he ran so fast.
There’s a great problem there for Monday’s math class. If Ty Okada can run with a speed of V, what is Jeffrey Manning’s speed?

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:06 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:30 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

He’s played both Center and LG while being here.

onceacat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by onceacat » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:10 pm

94VegasCat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:30 pm
BelligerentBobcat wrote:

My initial impression is that McKay throws a better ball than Prukop, but he doesn't have quite the same athleticism...Which would make him closer to McGhee.

Agree 100% with everything else: The D, the TEs, the coaching.

Theres a ton of season left and I certainly don't want to jinx anything, but I'm 100% convinced that this team is stronger, faster, deeper, and better coached than the 2012 team, which was the best team since '84 championship squad.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:16 pm

wbtfg wrote:

Haha just was watching that and thinking this kid would be a great head coach someday if he went down that path

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 pm

nevadacat wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:49 pm
Helenabobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

There’s a great problem there for Monday’s math class. If Ty Okada can run with a speed of V, what is Jeffrey Manning’s speed?
2(V)

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:33 pm
nevadacat wrote:
Helenabobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

2(V)
Well, just doing the math.

If Okada caught the interception with about 4 seconds into the play and he traveled the 72 yards to the end zone in about 9 seconds. That's approximately 16.36 MHP all the way to the end zone and about 15.14 MPH to the spot where Manning blocked the quarterback. Manning was on the 20 yard line when Okada caught the ball and he traveled about 45 yards in around 5 seconds. Manning was running about 18.41 MPH. That's just a quick peek at the video and using the play clock. I may be a bit off on the yardage. Oh, Okada also had a momentum shift on the play, so he started from almost a dead stop and Manning was already moving in that direction.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Dmsubrew wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
Helenabobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

2(V)

If Okada caught the interception with about 4 seconds into the play and he traveled the 72 yards to the end zone in about 9 seconds. That's approximately 16.36 MHP all the way to the end zone and about 15.14 MPH to the spot where Manning blocked the quarterback. Manning was on the 20 yard line when Okada caught the ball and he traveled about 45 yards in around 5 seconds. Manning was running about 18.41 MPH. That's just a quick peek at the video and using the play clock. I may be a bit off on the yardage. Oh, Okada also had a momentum shift on the play, so he started from almost a dead stop and Manning was already moving in that direction.
Now here's a post you would NEVER see on eGriz.

Bobcat4Ever
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Bobcat4Ever » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:10 am

MSU01 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Dmsubrew wrote:
nevadacat wrote:
Helenabobcat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

2(V)

Now here's a post you would NEVER see on eGriz.
:lol: And the fans on here even understand it. The Manning jump start makes a big difference. In drag racing a driver staging lightly enough to get a tiny gap jump at the lights creates a big advantage at speed. It takes a relatively long time to go a very small distance when you are accelerating from 0. I loved Manning’s anticipation of the play, and his desire to be involved and not be a spectator. These guys really seem to enjoy playing with and for each other. And Troy says he’s having fun. Look out.

Dmsubrew
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Dmsubrew » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:18 am

I'm not a proponent of Troy playing offense but, damn it's so electric when that kid is running with the ball

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 am

wbtfg wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:48 pm
utucats wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:43 pm
Anyone have a bead on Troy’s stats today?
I believe it was about 7 tackles. .5 sack, pick 6.
8 tackles (3 solo), 1.5 TFL, 0.5 sack, 1 PBU, 1 QBH, 1 INT, 1 TD

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:46 am

I thought the biggest bright spot on offense was the increasing role of the TEs in the pass game. Six receptions for 56 yards and two TDs vs. San Diego.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:32 am

Dmsubrew wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:18 am
I'm not a proponent of Troy playing offense but, damn it's so electric when that kid is running with the ball

Agreed. I like him on defense, and it seems like every game he gets better......... but man, it is so fun watching him run with the ball!

FTG- GO CATS GO!

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am

When Troy gets his hands on the ball in the open field, the opponent might as well just send out the PAT defense. :lol: