Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: kmax, SonomaCat, rtb

Post Reply
User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:32 am
Thanks for doing the project. It'd be a lot of work and I don't expect you to do it, but it'd be really cool if you put the date of the picture in the corner every so many pictures or something. Just food for thought. Thanks again though!
Never let it be said that I don't give the fans what they want.



QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
Hi-Line Bobcat
Member # Retired
Posts: 2819
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:11 pm
Location: Billings, MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:32 am
Thanks for doing the project. It'd be a lot of work and I don't expect you to do it, but it'd be really cool if you put the date of the picture in the corner every so many pictures or something. Just food for thought. Thanks again though!
Never let it be said that I don't give the fans what they want.

Good job man, I appreciate all the work and effort. Thanks again.


If your left, you aren’t right.

blueandgoldblitz
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1255
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:32 am
Thanks for doing the project. It'd be a lot of work and I don't expect you to do it, but it'd be really cool if you put the date of the picture in the corner every so many pictures or something. Just food for thought. Thanks again though!
Never let it be said that I don't give the fans what they want.

Thanks a ton for doing that! I really didn't expect you to! It's really cool to see the seasons go by and the progress happen. Thanks again!


We could say TG makes the freshman wear pink thongs to every practice and you would say, "I'm so glad he left Missoula he tried that here and it didn't work either. LOL LMAF OMG LOL BAE" and whatever else you fruits over in Missoula say -Hi-Line

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 am

I don’t know who keeps closing the shades or moving that damn camera but they need to be punched upside the head.

Image
Last edited by AFCAT on Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Location: Laurel, Montana

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by stevo » Mon May 10, 2021 8:48 am

I agree!!! uggggg



iaafan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6636
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 12:44 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by iaafan » Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 am

Shhh!! The Demings are being worked out at Bobcat Stadium this morning.



User avatar
ND0479
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by ND0479 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am

Sam Houston State is also going through an athletic complex renovation. Comparing it against the BAC, I think the BAC blows it away. I guess that's what an extra 7-8 million will do for you!

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-h ... dc689.html

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image



User avatar
Montanabob
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1773
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 pm
Location: Two Dot

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm

I'm just not really seeing that this blows our BAC away....
Looks like almost the same design.
ND0479 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am
Sam Houston State is also going through an athletic complex renovation. Comparing it against the BAC, I think the BAC blows it away. I guess that's what an extra 7-8 million will do for you!

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-h ... dc689.html

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

User avatar
ND0479
BobcatNation Letterman
Posts: 136
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:45 am

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by ND0479 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm
I'm just not really seeing that this blows our BAC away....
Looks like almost the same design.
Other way around. The BAC is a much better facility and design that what SHSU is building! MSU went about it the right way and demo'd the space they wanted to build, rather than what SHSU is doing and renovating the space that was already there.



KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3738
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm
Location: Helena

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by KittieKop » Mon May 10, 2021 4:42 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm
I'm just not really seeing that this blows our BAC away....
Looks like almost the same design.
Other way around. The BAC is a much better facility and design that what SHSU is building! MSU went about it the right way and demo'd the space they wanted to build, rather than what SHSU is doing and renovating the space that was already there.
Yeah, SHSU's is a facility remodel. A field house renovation to be exact. The BAC is a new facility, new addition to campus.

Would be akin to putting the BAC facilities in a major MSU Fieldhouse renovation.


"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

Image

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm

I was up in Bozeman today to drop some stuff off at MSU and took a couple of photos. These guys have a LOT to finish in the next three or so months.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bonus image - Romney Hall

Image

Second bonus image

Image


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 912
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Liberty Lake, WA

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Cat_gld » Mon May 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanks AFCAT for sharing the pics!



onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1959
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by onceacat » Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm
I was up in Bozeman today to drop some stuff off at MSU and took a couple of photos. These guys have a LOT to finish in the next three or so months.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bonus image - Romney Hall

Image

Second bonus image

Image
I’m guessing the project managers are ****** bricks at this point. I’m guessing they are AT LEAST 3 months behind. And it’s not like there’s any skilled labor in Bozeman availible to get Er done. There’s zero excess construction workforce in Bozeman right now.

I’m also curious about the budget at this point. Steel, Romex, PVC have all doubled in cost if not tripled since these bid packages went out. Even Sheetrock is up 20%...

Any word on cost overruns?



CodyCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Cody, WY

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm
I was up in Bozeman today to drop some stuff off at MSU and took a couple of photos. These guys have a LOT to finish in the next three or so months.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Bonus image - Romney Hall

Image

Second bonus image

Image
I’m guessing the project managers are ****** bricks at this point. I’m guessing they are AT LEAST 3 months behind. And it’s not like there’s any skilled labor in Bozeman availible to get Er done. There’s zero excess construction workforce in Bozeman right now.

I’m also curious about the budget at this point. Steel, Romex, PVC have all doubled in cost if not tripled since these bid packages went out. Even Sheetrock is up 20%...

Any word on cost overruns?
I've been wondering the same thing. My cousin is building a house and locked in his quote with his contractor before everything went through the roof. He was just telling me that if they got a bid now the same house would be 150k more. Makes a person wonder about the BAC. However, we will likely never know the actual costs of this if MSU has had to pay more. Who knows.

I've also been worried it wont be done in three months. But, I am hopeful the outside including landscaping and what not will be finished in time for kick off. Id think for appeal and liability MSU would want all outside construction finished up before 20k fans show up.


Hating the griz since 02.

User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9788
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am

Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1959
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by onceacat » Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.



User avatar
Hawks86
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9788
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:27 pm
Location: MT

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.


"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4250
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by gtapp » Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
I noticed a Friday crew now for several weeks. For most of the project Fridays were a day off. I assume overtime is a possibility to make up time (assuming they have material).


Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 12, 2021 10:06 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
I noticed a Friday crew now for several weeks. For most of the project Fridays were a day off. I assume overtime is a possibility to make up time (assuming they have material).
I know most Fridays last Summer and Fall were half-days. I wouldn’t count a day of construction on my video screen shots unless I saw a worker there on a Friday. It seemed like all of the workers disappeared after 1100hrs.
Last edited by AFCAT on Wed May 12, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

User avatar
AFCAT
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 12, 2021 10:20 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
Here are some completion months that MSU has posted online. Now, I don't know if these dates were wishful thinking on MSUs part or if the construction has been pushed back at all. The folks at the Alumni foundation are now targeting the middle of August, which is approximately three months away. I have my doubts about the BAC being completed by mid-August, but I'm not a part of the project (other than donating a lot of money to it) in any way. Keeping my fingers crossed though.

Image


QB Club
https://www.bobcatquarterbackclub.com
Want to pledge or donate to the Bobcat facilities plan?!
http://www.msuaf.org/msuathleticcomplex
"The players were rocking. The stadium was rocking. The griz couldn't handle it." Travis Jonsen

Post Reply