Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bobcat Athletic Complex...Construction

Post by AFCAT » Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm

blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:32 am
Thanks for doing the project. It'd be a lot of work and I don't expect you to do it, but it'd be really cool if you put the date of the picture in the corner every so many pictures or something. Just food for thought. Thanks again though!
Never let it be said that I don't give the fans what they want.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Sat May 08, 2021 4:42 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:
Thanks for doing the project. It'd be a lot of work and I don't expect you to do it, but it'd be really cool if you put the date of the picture in the corner every so many pictures or something. Just food for thought. Thanks again though!

Good job man, I appreciate all the work and effort. Thanks again.

If your left, you aren’t right.

blueandgoldblitz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by blueandgoldblitz » Mon May 10, 2021 12:25 am

AFCAT wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 pm
blueandgoldblitz wrote:

Thanks a ton for doing that! I really didn't expect you to! It's really cool to see the seasons go by and the progress happen. Thanks again!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 10, 2021 7:41 am

I don’t know who keeps closing the shades or moving that damn camera but they need to be punched upside the head.

Last edited by AFCAT on Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

stevo
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by stevo » Mon May 10, 2021 8:48 am

I agree!!! uggggg

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 am

Shhh!! The Demings are being worked out at Bobcat Stadium this morning.

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am

Sam Houston State is also going through an athletic complex renovation. Comparing it against the BAC, I think the BAC blows it away. I guess that's what an extra 7-8 million will do for you!

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-h ... dc689.html

Montanabob

Post by Montanabob » Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm

I'm just not really seeing that this blows our BAC away....
Looks like almost the same design.
ND0479 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:55 am
Sam Houston State is also going through an athletic complex renovation. Comparing it against the BAC, I think the BAC blows it away. I guess that's what an extra 7-8 million will do for you!

https://www.itemonline.com/sports/sam-h ... dc689.html

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

ND0479
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ND0479 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm

Montanabob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Other way around. The BAC is a much better facility and design that what SHSU is building! MSU went about it the right way and demo'd the space they wanted to build, rather than what SHSU is doing and renovating the space that was already there.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Mon May 10, 2021 4:42 pm

ND0479 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:31 pm
Montanabob wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:16 pm
Other way around. The BAC is a much better facility and design that what SHSU is building! MSU went about it the right way and demo'd the space they wanted to build, rather than what SHSU is doing and renovating the space that was already there.
Yeah, SHSU's is a facility remodel. A field house renovation to be exact. The BAC is a new facility, new addition to campus.

Would be akin to putting the BAC facilities in a major MSU Fieldhouse renovation.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm

I was up in Bozeman today to drop some stuff off at MSU and took a couple of photos. These guys have a LOT to finish in the next three or so months.

Bonus image - Romney Hall

Second bonus image

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Mon May 10, 2021 7:47 pm

Thanks AFCAT for sharing the pics!

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm
I was up in Bozeman today to drop some stuff off at MSU and took a couple of photos. These guys have a LOT to finish in the next three or so months.

Second bonus image

I’m guessing the project managers are ****** bricks at this point. I’m guessing they are AT LEAST 3 months behind. And it’s not like there’s any skilled labor in Bozeman availible to get Er done. There’s zero excess construction workforce in Bozeman right now.

I’m also curious about the budget at this point. Steel, Romex, PVC have all doubled in cost if not tripled since these bid packages went out. Even Sheetrock is up 20%...

Any word on cost overruns?

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 am

onceacat wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:07 pm

Second bonus image

I’m guessing the project managers are ****** bricks at this point. I’m guessing they are AT LEAST 3 months behind. And it’s not like there’s any skilled labor in Bozeman availible to get Er done. There’s zero excess construction workforce in Bozeman right now.

I’m also curious about the budget at this point. Steel, Romex, PVC have all doubled in cost if not tripled since these bid packages went out. Even Sheetrock is up 20%...

Any word on cost overruns?
I've been wondering the same thing. My cousin is building a house and locked in his quote with his contractor before everything went through the roof. He was just telling me that if they got a bid now the same house would be 150k more. Makes a person wonder about the BAC. However, we will likely never know the actual costs of this if MSU has had to pay more. Who knows.

I've also been worried it wont be done in three months. But, I am hopeful the outside including landscaping and what not will be finished in time for kick off. Id think for appeal and liability MSU would want all outside construction finished up before 20k fans show up.

Hating the griz since 02.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am

Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

onceacat

Post by onceacat » Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:24 am
Hard to say if they are behind or not without seeing the inside. They'll get it done on time.
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am

onceacat wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:53 am
Hawks86 wrote:
We have pix on here from 2 weeks ago, and they were partially done hanging drywall. Zero doubt they are behind, because they’ve already pushed beck the completion date by a month.

I wouldn’t bet against them, but they are definitely going to need every last secon between now and Gold Rush.
Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 am

Hawks86 wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 8:04 am
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Don't remember them pushing the timeline. They don't have to be 100% done to be able to move in and use the facility. Wouldn't surprise me if a small crew was still there for awhile after they move in.
I noticed a Friday crew now for several weeks. For most of the project Fridays were a day off. I assume overtime is a possibility to make up time (assuming they have material).

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 12, 2021 10:06 am

gtapp wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 am
Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

I noticed a Friday crew now for several weeks. For most of the project Fridays were a day off. I assume overtime is a possibility to make up time (assuming they have material).
I know most Fridays last Summer and Fall were half-days. I wouldn’t count a day of construction on my video screen shots unless I saw a worker there on a Friday. It seemed like all of the workers disappeared after 1100hrs.
Last edited by AFCAT on Wed May 12, 2021 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed May 12, 2021 10:20 am

Hawks86 wrote:
onceacat wrote:
Hawks86 wrote:

Here are some completion months that MSU has posted online. Now, I don't know if these dates were wishful thinking on MSUs part or if the construction has been pushed back at all. The folks at the Alumni foundation are now targeting the middle of August, which is approximately three months away. I have my doubts about the BAC being completed by mid-August, but I'm not a part of the project (other than donating a lot of money to it) in any way. Keeping my fingers crossed though.