Sonny Holland Game

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Sonny Holland Game

Post by AFCAT » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:58 am

spring creek cat wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am
I can’t get the SWX app to recognize that I am in Montana! 🤬
The SWX App is pretty bad, but it might not be recognizing your location. I turn my location settings off when I'm not using some Apps. You may have to make some adjustments.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:17 pm

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 pm

CelticCat wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:17 pm
Good deal....hoping us out-of-staters can stream the game!

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:59 pm

Catfanatic84 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:03 pm
CelticCat wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:17 pm
Good deal....hoping us out-of-staters can stream the game!
That would be great...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm

In today's letter from the AD:
While we’re all looking forward to the fall season, your first chance to see the Bobcat football team in person is this Saturday, April 24, for the annual Sonny Holland Spring Classic, presented by the Rocking R Bar. We were permitted a small number of attendees by the Gallatin County Health Department and tickets sold out quickly. If you weren't able to secure seats, be sure to tune into SWX’s coverage of the 1 p.m. event, or stream it for free on PlutoTV.

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Well, the Griz had two REAL games, now we eagerly await the Sonny Holland Bowl.
Please remind me of whom the scats are playing against. I thought it was Vegans v Carnivores, but I could be mistaken.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Please remind me of whom the scats are playing against. I thought it was Vegans v Carnivores, but I could be mistaken.
Don’t you have better things to concern yourself with, like players leaving your program????

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Long Time Cat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am

coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm
While we’re all looking forward to the fall season, your first chance to see the Bobcat football team in person is this Saturday, April 24, for the annual Sonny Holland Spring Classic, presented by the Rocking R Bar. We were permitted a small number of attendees by the Gallatin County Health Department and tickets sold out quickly. If you weren't able to secure seats, be sure to tune into SWX’s coverage of the 1 p.m. event, or stream it for free on PlutoTV.
I'm excited it's on Pluto. They have greatly improved their platform and I find it reliable and with good quality. Honestly I've had better luck with it than with ESPN+

"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:29 am

A tip for Samsung TV owners, clear your cache if you are experiencing difficulties. It did wonders for Plutotv on my "smart" set.

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

RickRund
Golden Bobcat

Post by RickRund » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:35 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:38 am
coachouert wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm
I'm excited it's on Pluto. They have greatly improved their platform and I find it reliable and with good quality. Honestly I've had better luck with it than with ESPN+
A big yes...

msubobcats@outlook.com
Audiatur et altura pars: Let both sides be fairly heard.
Audi alteram partem: listen to the other side.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:09 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:09 pm
Yes, that first game against a DII whose best player opted out and QB was third on depth chart were very imposing games. What do they win with that undefeated 2-0 season

Sports is not bigger than life

3-7-77
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by 3-7-77 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm

Teton, baby, they were both GAMES, not scrimmages. The 'blew 'n yella' scrimmage, aka the Sonny Holland 'Classic' is just that, a scrimmage, just like the Golden Triangle Classic it is supposed to replace, only without the hype and fund raising ability. This is Costello's creation, with Holland's apparent approval. No disrespect to Mr. Holland implied. All the spin in the world ain't gonna change this.

"I'm just a fly in the ointment, Hans. The monkey in the wrench. The pain in the ass."

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bobcatfan123 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:24 pm
Teton, baby, they were both GAMES, not scrimmages. The 'blew 'n yella' scrimmage, aka the Sonny Holland 'Classic' is just that, a scrimmage, just like the Golden Triangle Classic it is supposed to replace, only without the hype and fund raising ability. This is Costello's creation, with Holland's apparent approval. No disrespect to Mr. Holland implied. All the spin in the world ain't gonna change this.
I get the impression that your trying to troll, but I can’t even figure out what your trying to rip on us about. What is your point? I want to watch the scrimmage to see what what our team might look like, how players might have developed. Pretty much the same reason most UM fans watched your “games”. I dunno, maybe you are really excited about the two game season you just had. Congratulations?

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by catscat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Cats want to test their defense against a real offense and their offense against a real defense.

Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:06 am

catscat wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 pm
3-7-77 wrote:
Cats want to test their defense against a real offense and their offense against a real defense.
=D^

For a fanbase that is always calling us "preseason National Champs", they sure are riding high right now. They beat a D2 team and a bottom-dweller BSC team and suddenly they're "back" and discussing national championships. :lol:

Their two game undefeated season may in fact be way better than our one scrimmage. I don't feel that way but I suppose it's possible. I'd prefer to wait until this fall and see what the conference looks like before I start spouting off and booking tix to Frisco. :-k

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:22 am

I'm 100% on board with scrimmaging another team in spring as a permanent thing moving forward, just don't count it for any stats. I would be jealous of what the Griz did but with a new coaching staff I think MSU made the right call.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:45 am

Maybe I missed it earlier in this thread, but what time is the scrimmage Saturday? Thanks in advance.

coachouert
Golden Bobcat

Post by coachouert » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:15 pm

91catAlum wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:45 am
Maybe I missed it earlier in this thread, but what time is the scrimmage Saturday? Thanks in advance.
1pm

Cat_stache_fever listens to Nickelback...and enjoys it.

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:25 pm

3-7-77 wrote:
Sure noticed a lot of hype and fundraising for those two games in Missoula :shrug: But I guess they did win the Montana participation trophy for this spring.

Sports is not bigger than life

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:12 pm

Do they win the 1st and only "Bawl of the Wild" trophy? They have a space for it in the "Champions Center".

:lol: