WHY?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

WHY?

Post by mslacat » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:06 am

I have never understood why people enjoy smack talking on message boards. I understand that occationally getting a good zinger in here and there, but for the person who post and posts smack all day long day after day, what is the point. Why!
Last edited by mslacat on Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:23 am

Funny, rtb, BAC and I have said this many times the last couple days in talking about how this smack board is a necessary evil as a place to put the junk that would clutter up the regular board. I guess some people enjoy it, but I just don't see the point of it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

TripleG
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TripleG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:35 am

You guys have done the same thing on eGriz for years, and the answer has always been "It's part of the rivalry!", etc. etc.

Just giving ya'll a taste of your own medicine. And I dont care if it's you specifically or not... it's Cat fans in general..

Dont get all high and mighty saying "Hmmm, never understood this 'Smack' thing..."

Gimme a break. :roll:

You are all just full of G R I Z Envy!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:45 am

GGG, how can you tell me that you don't care if it's is me specifically or not that it is cat fans in general and then also say I am getting high and mighty by saying I never understood this Smack thing. The deal is, I have done very very little in any smack forum, whether it be here, egriz, anygivensaturday, or anywhere else so yes I can say that I don't understand some peoples fascination with it, whether it be cat fans, griz fans, or anybody else. If you want to give "Cat fans in general" a taste of their own medicine by smacking on here, great that is why I put this forum in here because I know some people like to go that route. But that has absolutely no reflection on whether or not I am one who partakes in it, let alone enjoys it.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:48 am

It's true, we do have one token Cat smack talker barking at the moon somewhere around here as well (he's already been edited a couple times for content). You guys have fun playing in here together.

I always cringe when I see those types of Bobcats on eGriz. I just think it makes us look bad.

Never understood the smack thing... seriously. Whether that's high and mighty or just a different taste in entertainment I guess is a matter of interpretation.

bronco
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by bronco » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:05 pm

It's better to smack talk on a message board than save it up for a game and show ignorance in a public place like a stadium. eat $hit Griz go cats go is a form of public smack. It would be better to keep that on a smack post and away from kids.
Smack talk is a way to get your point across in a fun smack way. There usually is some truth behind smack.
Except suckitgriz said on another message "Griz blow" that's all his message said.
That's a good start but tell us why you think this... go into detail and hopefully back it up with a fact that can be verified. What Griz fan have you witnessed blowing...what Griz fan have you seen eating $hit?

TripleG
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by TripleG » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:19 pm

And...

Smack, in general is more along the lines of, your team sucks, ours kicks ass, etc. Which I can take just fine...

I've posted a few pictures just to liven things up a bit, give you guys a chuckle.

Please take with a grain of salt. In person, I'd be gracious in a loss and never start anything with anybody. People tend to pick me out of a crowd because of the face painting and all that jazz, guess it makes me an easy target which I've learned to deal with.

All in good fun guys...

You are all just full of G R I Z Envy!

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:33 pm

I know it is in good fun, and like I said I have no problem with that though I may not pay much attention to it. The unfortunate thing that I really don't get is many, as has already been shown on this board and is on others all the time, don't understand the all in fun thing and like to use the fact that they are anonymous on a message board to make asses of themselves, that I just don't understand.

By the way, bronco, though I may not agree with everything you have posted here, I must say that last post gave me a good laugh. Though I am not sure if I want to hear the facts behind his insightful statements.