Which basketball team had the lowest GPA ave. last year?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Which basketball team had the lowest GPA ave. last year?

Post by mslacat » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:58 pm

************ Disclaimer *************
I debated which forum to put this under, because I truly do not view this as smack, but in the end I thought it had some elements that could considered smack so I put it here.
************ End Disclaimer ************

At an average 2.1 GPA, Montana did according to the Missoulian a couple of weeks back. What is truly
amazing about that is that there are a couple of Griz players (Crizwell and Lynch I hear)
that very high +3 GPA's.

That said I must compliment new Griz coach Kysco for laying down the law to the team.
He has made them all move back on campus and will only let them move off after the
semester IF they meet certain academic performance standards. He has also told players
that unless they meet these new standards, they may not have their scholies renewed for
next year. To that extent he has already recruited on more player than he will have open
scholarships for next year already. At least one underclassmen will not be coming back
for next year. Look for if any player becomes academically ineligible this season, not to
be let back on the team for conference.

I know some of you, like myself, may be initially skeptical of how evenly these rules
maybe applied on the team, but I will tell you that this will definitely be a big change
from the Kennedy era.
Last edited by mslacat on Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:45 pm

Msla: that's too civil to be true smack. Of course a 2.1 gpa at um converts to 1.4 at MSU :lol: