Small CB's

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Small CB's

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:49 am

Seems like we held Hetherington to below 50% passing and only 1 TD. ISU has the TALL receivers too .. I thought it was a given they would just rule against our smaller DB's? :) I think we are gonna be just fine with our corners. Austin/Fuller played pretty darn well today. Kept everything in front of them (except on 1 play for TD). Pretty darn good considering Hetherington's arm and how many times he THREW IT!

I like our safeties as well. FORCE IS GONNA BE A FORCE IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. That LB KING is gonna be a good one too, he is a playmaker.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:08 am

I really like what I'm seeing out of the DB's...I was critical of the DB's after the Cal Poly game but there has been a very noticeable improvement from that game to yesterday's game. Hetherington put up 300+ yards but when a QB throws 50+ times that's going to happen against pretty much any secondary. Lulay only needed 30 attempts to get 247 yards yesterday. Holding Hetherington and the ISU receivers to less than 50% completions is a very good sign. You've got to be impressed with Fuller and Austin, here are two guys who probably weren't supposed to play much this year but are improving into solid players as freshmen.
Last edited by MSU01 on Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:39 am

I am still critical of your small DB's. They did a good job of tackling after the catch but didn't prevent much completion wise!

After watching the game, I am impressed with your front 7. Good strength and lots of speed! If it wasn't for them, Hetherington would have put up 500 yards on your DB's.

Good win for the Cat's :)

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:22 pm

VictorG wrote:I am still critical of your small DB's. They did a good job of tackling after the catch but didn't prevent much completion wise!

After watching the game, I am impressed with your front 7. Good strength and lots of speed! If it wasn't for them, Hetherington would have put up 500 yards on your DB's.

Good win for the Cat's :)
Yep, the Cats defense should get even better as the year goes on as they will slowly gain experience and our front 7 should stay the same (AWESOME). So I would think we should be able to cause some more TO's as the year goes on as we can get up and cover up close once everyone is on the same page.