Could Bobby head to UW

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

nanacat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:14 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by nanacat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 am

As far as Bobby going anywhere, I thought maybe he'd retire, but I'm rethinking that now. He's got it so good over west that he'll likely stay there indefinitely.



User avatar
Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
It's the offseason, I thought it was funny, figured it would be fun to talk about.

If you request the MODS to take this down my feelings wont be hurt. Just trying to have a laugh.
Nah, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match or be anybody's dad. I'm just get tired of opening Bobcat Nation and seeing yet another thread devoted to the dark pinkies. We have a College Athletics forum, so folks can talk about them over there.


Image

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

User avatar
Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1244
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:07 am
Location: In a tree stand

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Camo_Cat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:18 am

GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:09 am
Well, I don’t see us adding portal guys, the webcam is facing the Kagy parking lot and we still don’t have the money for the indoor practice facility….so, I say talk about whatever floats your boat.
Oh I get it, it's the slow period. But there is still is, and always will be, better stuff to talk about then the dark pinkies. Even if there is no new Bobcat news, I can still find something about the Cats to talk about!!


Image

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

MSU01
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7623
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:21 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by MSU01 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:26 am

nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:52 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
Agreed. Threads like this are really weird and detract from what this particular forum is supposed to be discussing. A message board I read for one of my pro sports teams has a great setup where they've got one single thread for any posts about the rival team. The thread is quite popular and now has over 100,000 posts, but it's also easy to skip over and avoid for those who don't care to read it. This forum already has a fine solution with the College Athletics forum if people would actually use it how it's intended to be used.
Mods should move any thread not Bobcat football related to its appropriate spot. Before Cat-Gris that troll Griz7, or whatever his handle was, took the College Sports thread hostage to post his own shtick, and make it his own. So I think people abandoned it. He's disappeared like other trolls, except the high school kid who obviously should be doing his schoolwork instead of trolling BN, so now things can be put back to normal.
I'm pretty sure it's just one mod at this point who's still active of the three original guys who started this forum nearly 20 years ago now. Which is fine, I appreciate lighter moderation in general compared to the other extreme. I also think that we as the normal users of the forum could do a better job of posting things in the appropriate forums more often. I'd also mention not letting threads go waaaaaaay off topic, but that's a lost cause at this point!



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8691
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by allcat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:25 am

CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
It's the offseason, I thought it was funny, figured it would be fun to talk about.

If you request the MODS to take this down my feelings wont be hurt. Just trying to have a laugh.
Maybe fun in the proper place. Also, there is one Mod, he does great but come on you are hopefully a college grad that can't figure out something like this?


Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Team10
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:54 am

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Team10 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:59 pm

A day late to this conversation and I couldn't add this quick enough.

ARE YOU FUGGIN KIDDING ME!? THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE, RIGHT?

Laughed so hard I almost pissed my pants. Not in a million years would they even consider hiring Beavis.



User avatar
DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1025
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:21 pm
Location: in a very unimportant part of the galaxy
Contact:

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by DMMDCats » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:19 pm

Who cares?



Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 pm

nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:52 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
Agreed. Threads like this are really weird and detract from what this particular forum is supposed to be discussing. A message board I read for one of my pro sports teams has a great setup where they've got one single thread for any posts about the rival team. The thread is quite popular and now has over 100,000 posts, but it's also easy to skip over and avoid for those who don't care to read it. This forum already has a fine solution with the College Athletics forum if people would actually use it how it's intended to be used.
Mods should move any thread not Bobcat football related to its appropriate spot. Before Cat-Gris that troll Griz7, or whatever his handle was, took the College Sports thread hostage to post his own shtick, and make it his own. So I think people abandoned it. He's disappeared like other trolls, except the high school kid who obviously should be doing his schoolwork instead of trolling BN, so now things can be put back to normal.
I agree with nana. If I see one more thread on the Bobcat Football page dedicated to Bobby or the griz I think I’ll puke. The little brother complex is on full display with some these posters.


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Long Time Cat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:40 am
Location: North Idaho

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Long Time Cat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:21 pm

Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 pm
nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:52 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
Agreed. Threads like this are really weird and detract from what this particular forum is supposed to be discussing. A message board I read for one of my pro sports teams has a great setup where they've got one single thread for any posts about the rival team. The thread is quite popular and now has over 100,000 posts, but it's also easy to skip over and avoid for those who don't care to read it. This forum already has a fine solution with the College Athletics forum if people would actually use it how it's intended to be used.
Mods should move any thread not Bobcat football related to its appropriate spot. Before Cat-Gris that troll Griz7, or whatever his handle was, took the College Sports thread hostage to post his own shtick, and make it his own. So I think people abandoned it. He's disappeared like other trolls, except the high school kid who obviously should be doing his schoolwork instead of trolling BN, so now things can be put back to normal.
I agree with nana. If I see one more thread on the Bobcat Football page dedicated to Bobby or the griz I think I’ll puke. The little brother complex is on full display with some these posters.
Where are the mods btw?


"Confidence is contagious. So is a lack of confidence." Vince Lombardi

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:18 am

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Bocephus » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:28 am

I’m not even sure San Jose State, the end of the domino chain, would want him.



User avatar
allcat
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8691
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Location: 90 miles from Nirvana (Bobcat Stadium)

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by allcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:50 am

Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:21 pm
Long Time Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:20 pm
nanacat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:14 am
MSU01 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:52 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
Agreed. Threads like this are really weird and detract from what this particular forum is supposed to be discussing. A message board I read for one of my pro sports teams has a great setup where they've got one single thread for any posts about the rival team. The thread is quite popular and now has over 100,000 posts, but it's also easy to skip over and avoid for those who don't care to read it. This forum already has a fine solution with the College Athletics forum if people would actually use it how it's intended to be used.
Mods should move any thread not Bobcat football related to its appropriate spot. Before Cat-Gris that troll Griz7, or whatever his handle was, took the College Sports thread hostage to post his own shtick, and make it his own. So I think people abandoned it. He's disappeared like other trolls, except the high school kid who obviously should be doing his schoolwork instead of trolling BN, so now things can be put back to normal.
I agree with nana. If I see one more thread on the Bobcat Football page dedicated to Bobby or the griz I think I’ll puke. The little brother complex is on full display with some these posters.
Where are the mods btw?
Send him a pm.


Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

catscat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by catscat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:24 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:18 am
GoCats18 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:09 am
Well, I don’t see us adding portal guys, the webcam is facing the Kagy parking lot and we still don’t have the money for the indoor practice facility….so, I say talk about whatever floats your boat.
Oh I get it, it's the slow period. But there is still is, and always will be, better stuff to talk about then the dark pinkies. Even if there is no new Bobcat news, I can still find something about the Cats to talk about!!
Yeah, even the weather. :wink: :) I have enjoyed the coldest game discussion having been at several of them.


Can't make up my mind as to which is better - 55-21 or 48-14.

User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9351
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:32 am

Are the people forcing you all to read this thread in the room with you right now?


QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3000
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:58 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:32 am
Are the people forcing you all to read this thread in the room with you right now?
I can't speak for others but for me it's the voices in my head that make me read threads that I don't actually want to read. The voices just keep after me and won't leave me alone till I do. :lol:

Having said that it really isn't that hard to start a thread in the proper place on this board. Posting about Bobby here is the equivalent of sloppy parking taking up 2 spots rather than parking between the painted lines in a parking lot, or worse yet parking perpendicular to the painted lines and taking up 3 or more spots. When someone does that kind of thing it isn't wrong to let them know about it.


If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

User avatar
CatsNoMatterWhat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation
Posts: 993
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:25 pm
Location: Yuma, AZ

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by CatsNoMatterWhat » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Oh my God some of you take this board way too seriously. This was meant to be funny. It's okay to laugh. I'm a booster who has kept his season tickets despite living in Arizona for the past 4 years. I get it, we love the Cats...but until now I didn't realize this was only a place for SERIOUS discussion. Noted.

I've PMd KMAX to take this down or move it since it seems to have seriously affected some of your lives. My apologies to all of you.

I've been a good poster on this site for years...but this is, honestly, ridiculous.

Bests,

CNMW



User avatar
FatBuffalo
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:55 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by FatBuffalo » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:45 pm

Its the off season and this really does stink of little brotherism. Its a legitimate thread and I for one hope they keep Hauck because hes proven he is NEVER going to win it all. Even with all the good teams leaving the FCS he still cant get anywhere close to a NC and he never will.



Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:29 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Justwinbaby » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:48 pm

Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
It's the offseason, I thought it was funny, figured it would be fun to talk about.

If you request the MODS to take this down my feelings wont be hurt. Just trying to have a laugh.
Nah, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match or be anybody's dad. I'm just get tired of opening Bobcat Nation and seeing yet another thread devoted to the dark pinkies. We have a College Athletics forum, so folks can talk about them over there.
Nice try - most posters here have griz Derangement Syndrome. They can't quit...they won't quit.



User avatar
AFCAT
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 9351
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:29 pm

Justwinbaby wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
It's the offseason, I thought it was funny, figured it would be fun to talk about.

If you request the MODS to take this down my feelings wont be hurt. Just trying to have a laugh.
Nah, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match or be anybody's dad. I'm just get tired of opening Bobcat Nation and seeing yet another thread devoted to the dark pinkies. We have a College Athletics forum, so folks can talk about them over there.
Nice try - most posters here have griz Derangement Syndrome. They can't quit...they won't quit.
And you get so upset with it. Have you ever thought about not clicking on the threads that you know will make you so sad?


QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 7463
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:05 am

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Cat Grad » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:08 pm




Justwinbaby
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:29 pm

Re: Could Bobby head to UW

Post by Justwinbaby » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:50 am

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:29 pm
Justwinbaby wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:48 pm
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:17 am
CatsNoMatterWhat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:50 am
Camo_Cat wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:31 am
I'm gonna be the a-hole one more time, but.......can someone tell me what this thread has to do with Bobcat Football? Can we please take discussions like this elsewhere and keep this forum about the Cats? Honestly... the obsession some of you have with the dark pinkies is just not healthy.
It's the offseason, I thought it was funny, figured it would be fun to talk about.

If you request the MODS to take this down my feelings wont be hurt. Just trying to have a laugh.
Nah, I'm not trying to get in a shouting match or be anybody's dad. I'm just get tired of opening Bobcat Nation and seeing yet another thread devoted to the dark pinkies. We have a College Athletics forum, so folks can talk about them over there.
Nice try - most posters here have griz Derangement Syndrome. They can't quit...they won't quit.
And you get so upset with it. Have you ever thought about not clicking on the threads that you know will make you so sad?
I'm not sad - Seems like you are however - not enough griz posts for your liking?



Post Reply