1PM Tuesday

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Re: 1PM Tuesday

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:49 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:If I was trolling I wouldn't have put a time stamp on it. That is just common sense.

If I had known our AD was being a little bitch about who he is being forced to hire I also wouldnt have put a time on it.
Good for him.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm

If you don't want him to hire Bobby, then shouldn't you be happy?

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:29 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote: If I had known our AD was being a little bitch about who he is being forced to hire I also wouldnt have put a time on it.
This sounds like an Athletic Department that is functioning in a productive way! Sure makes me appreciate past MSU searches in which they have actually interviewed multiple candidates, announced finalists, had public forums, etc.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Seems like a counter intelligence operation. Put out false information to trace the source of leaks. Not saying that's what happened here, but it's something I could easily see happening at MSU or um.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

If it was counter intelligence you guys would know nothing about it.

Its got to be something else.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

mboston33
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mboston33 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Just wondering where Gabe Sulser will fit into Bobby's ground and pound offensive philosophy. He is a Stitt type recruit. He is small, very quick, good hands but I am not sure is he not in over his head at this college level. Size does matter. We will see.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Who says Hauck will be ground n pound when he comes back?

He ran the spread at UNLV. My guess would be it depends on his OC and what he wants to run.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:47 pm

So AG1 was wrong...again. Or should I say still. No one should be shocked by this. The weather man is right more often than he is.

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:49 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:If it was counter intelligence you guys would know nothing about it.

And yet it is you who knew nothing about 1PM Tuesday. :lol: :lol:

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 pm

mboston33 wrote:Just wondering where Gabe Sulser will fit into Bobby's ground and pound offensive philosophy. He is a Stitt type recruit. He is small, very quick, good hands but I am not sure is he not in over his head at this college level. Size does matter. We will see.
I wouldn't call Gabe a "Stitt type recruit" because that short changes Sulser's talent. Gabe is your standard "football recruit" because that what he is...a very good football player. Jefferson Heidelberger was 5'9", 175 lbs. (Gabe's size) and had 80 catches for 1240 yards with 10 touchdowns while 5'9", 170 lb. Levander Segars hauled in 60 catches for 710 yards with 6 touchdowns in 2004 for Hauck's Griz so that narrative can be thrown out the window. Gabe's work ethic, athletic ability, and toughness are off the charts. He should be a great Griz.
Last edited by VimSince03 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:53 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:If it was counter intelligence you guys would know nothing about it.

Not really. Of course Haslam would never own up to it, if that's what you mean us guys would know nothing about it.

But it's starting to look more and more like Hauck will not be the next coach, which is what both fan bases have been led to believe. Seems like a reasonable and believable misdirection.

Your source, who in your judgment you have deemed trustworthy, served up a big honkin' nothingburger.

Yeah, of course Hauck could still be named the coach but at this point I'm not buying it.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:55 pm

bobcat99 wrote:If you don't want him to hire Bobby, then shouldn't you be happy?
I dont want Hauck, I would love it if they hired Pease but they wont even call him back. I always want to give Haslem the benefit, he is a good guy, but he is going to ****** this up and lose his job. Hell just look at the way he is handling this hire.

www.maroonblood.com

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Cledus wrote:

Not really. Of course Haslam would never own up to it, if that's what you mean us guys would know nothing about it.

But it's starting to look more and more like Hauck will not be the next coach, which is what both fan bases have been led to believe. Seems like a reasonable and believable misdirection.

Your source, who in your judgment you have deemed trustworthy, served up a big honkin' nothingburger.

Yeah, of course Hauck could still be named the coach but at this point I'm not buying it.
All fair points but if Hauck isnt the next head coach they might as well just cancel the football program at UM because boosters are going to bail on Haslem, in fact a few already are.

www.maroonblood.com

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:09 pm

This is all NAU's fault. They should never have un-fired Souers.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:10 pm

Rich K wrote:This is all NAU's fault. They should never have un-fired Souers.
He straight up trolled the NAU administration. :lol:

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm

Rich K wrote:This is all NAU's fault. They should never have un-fired Souers.
Funny you should mention that now.

You will never know what happened at NAU but I do. #-o

www.maroonblood.com

GoCats18
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by GoCats18 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:36 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I wonder if Alphas source has heard the news that Sulser is going to pull his verbal and switch to MSU. Press conference on that is tomorrow at 12:15 from the Billings Senior cafeteria. :lol:
His dad would call me and let me know. Gabe has disliked the cats since he was 6
He must dislike getting an education too. Well, he does have some good moves though so I foresee him majoring in Dance. Maybe even minor in...oh wait, they cut pretty much all the other stuff due to budget cuts. Man, what a depressing school.

Punters are people too!!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:21 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
I am not just having fun, I was told 1pm by somebody that is rarely wrong. Now I know why and I will tell you later but we need a new AD ASAP.

Also I jut bought the maroonblood.com website from the guy in Billings and have invested in vbulletin software to redo the entire thing. I really dont want people to use it, especially not the idiot asshats at eGriz. I dont need the hits so dont go there. New look site should be up before NewYears........but really dont use it.
Somebody is messing with you. Your inclination on who it is looks more likely than it did yesterday, and there are a few hurdles to clear still before it happens, but he wasn't hired 6 weeks ago. That's false.
Last edited by PapaG on Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Oh really? Do tell...

What a ride

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:38 pm

GoCats18 wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:
GoCats18 wrote:I wonder if Alphas source has heard the news that Sulser is going to pull his verbal and switch to MSU. Press conference on that is tomorrow at 12:15 from the Billings Senior cafeteria. :lol:
His dad would call me and let me know. Gabe has disliked the cats since he was 6
He must dislike getting an education too. Well, he does have some good moves though so I foresee him majoring in Dance. Maybe even minor in...oh wait, they cut pretty much all the other stuff due to budget cuts. Man, what a depressing school.
Accounting, Finance, math, and geology are legitimate careers from UM. I've run out of ammo for them now. My first class there as a freshman, we all sat in a circle and listened on how "God" was really a woman, then discussed it. No joke. I was a late enrollee there due to some baseball stuff, and had to scramble for classes. That one was my first experience in a UM classroom, and I'm agnostic. I just didn't understand what relevance that conversation had in terms of my future, brought it up in the discussion, and realized I was in the wrong place. Transferred to Bozeman the next fall after skipping spring quarter at UM. We were on quarter systems there.

What a ride