1PM Tuesday

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Re: 1PM Tuesday

Post by Rich K » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:53 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
Rich K wrote:This is all NAU's fault. They should never have un-fired Souers.
Funny you should mention that now.

You will never know what happened at NAU but I do. #-o
Never? LOL

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:10 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:

NAU was going to hire Hauck this off-season, he wanted to be there to coach his kid. But then Stitt got fired, and Hauck backed out of the NAU job because he preferred to go for the griz job. With Hauck out of the running, NAU renews Souers.

Did I miss anything?

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:56 pm

91catAlum wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:

NAU was going to hire Hauck this off-season, he wanted to be there to coach his kid. But then Stitt got fired, and Hauck backed out of the NAU job because he preferred to go for the griz job. With Hauck out of the running, NAU renews Souers.

Did I miss anything?
Nah, the assistant AD wanted Souers to retire and he was tired of dealing with her so he announced his last season. Boosters revolted and she was fired. AD asked Souers to stay one more year to keep boosters happy.

Haucks boy gets cut and joins UM prison team.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:25 am

1PM Wednesday? :-k

RockyBearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by RockyBearCat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:06 pm

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:08 pm

Just to give some timeline perspective here. Below is the sequence of events for the 2015 MSU football coaching change;

*M November 23rd MSU AD Peter Fields announces Rob Ash's contract will not be renewed...search for new coach begins (2 days after Brawl)
*by TH December 3rd , 5 candidates had been interviewed, see below (10 days after coaching change announced, 12 days after Brawl)
* F December 4th Jeff Choate is announced as the new HC (11 days after coaching change announced, 13 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 7th Jeff Choate is introduced at MSU(14 days after coaching change announced, 16 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 7th Jeff Choate announces some assistants including Ioane and Armstrong (14 days after coaching change announced, 16 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 14th Ty Gregorak is announced as DC (21 days after coaching change announced, 23 days after Brawl)
* TH Dec 17th Courtney Messingham is announce as OC (24 days after coaching change announced, 26 days after Brawl)

my point......just chill 8)

EDIT: 5 candidates interviewed were;
**Jeff Choate UW's ST coordinator (same as Hauck) and DL coach
**Tim Cramsey former MSU OC
**Brian Wright former MSU OC
**Chris Ball Arizona State co-DC
**Andy Hill Missouri associate HC and WR coach

FYI.....2017 early signing period is from W Dec 20th - F Dec 22nd
Last edited by The MICKSTER on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

catgrad05
Member # Retired

Post by catgrad05 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:12 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:Just to give some timeline perspective here. Below is the sequence of events for the 2015 MSU football coaching change;

*M November 23rd MSU AD Peter Fields announces Rob Ash's contract will not be renewed...search for new coach begins (2 days after Brawl)
*by TH December 3rd , 5 candidates had been interviewed (10 days after coaching change announced, 12 days after Brawl)
* F December 4th Jeff Choate is announced as the new HC (11 days after coaching change announced, 13 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 7th Jeff Choate is introduced at MSU(14 days after coaching change announced, 16 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 7th Jeff Choate announces some assistants including Ioane and Armstrong (14 days after coaching change announced, 16 days after Brawl)
* M Dec 14th Ty Gregorak is announced as DC (21 days after coaching change announced, 23 days after Brawl)
* TH Dec 17th Courtney Messingham is announce as OC (24 days after coaching change announced, 26 days after Brawl)

my point......just chill

I was going to try to find this info later today because it was on my mind last night. Thanks mickster!

I had a feeling the griz faithful where being a bit impatient. Who would have guessed :roll:

oedipuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by oedipuss » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:59 pm

To update the finalists at MSU when Coach Choate was hired:

Brian Wright has turned around Toledo's offense and looks like a great fit in the MAC.

Tim Cramsey has arguably the #1 offense in FCS at Sam Houston St.

Andy Hill has solidified his stock at Missouri with a late season turn around and his ability to recruit the heck out of Kansas City.

Chris Ball has turned around the Memphis Tiger defense and possibly will be looking at P5 jobs.

Not a bad list to choose your head coach from!

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:38 pm

catgrad05 wrote:
The MICKSTER wrote:Just to give some timeline perspective here. Below is the sequence of events for the 2015 MSU football coaching change;

*by TH December 3rd , 5 candidates had been interviewed (10 days after coaching change announced, 12 days after Brawl)

my point......just chill

I was going to try to find this info later today because it was on my mind last night. Thanks mickster!

I had a feeling the griz faithful where being a bit impatient. Who would have guessed :roll:
well they are impatient because they know that Bobby was hired 6 weeks ago. :wink:

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 pm

To give a little more perspective, in 2014 when um was needing to fill the position, on December 3rd the top four candidates being reported on were;
* Bobby Hauck, who was leaving UNLV at the time
* Brent Pease, former um QB & OC, and current WR coach at UW
* Beau Baldwin, EWU HC at the time
* Ty Gregorak, current DC at um
although who was actually interviewed and who was just rumored to have interviewed is unclear....

As early as December 13th Stitt was reported to become um's new HC, but an announcement didn't occur until December 17th.

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:43 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:To give a little more perspective, in 2014 when um was needing to fill the position, on December 3rd the top four candidates being reported on were;
although who was actually interviewed and who was just rumored to have interviewed is unclear....

As early as December 13th Stitt was reported to become um's new HC, but an announcement didn't occur until December 17th.

Definitely a good call taking Stitt over Beau Baldwin........ :lol:

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:53 pm

cats2506 wrote:well they are impatient because they know that Bobby was hired 6 weeks ago. :wink:
Six weeks prior to the Cat griz game was approximately 10/7 to 10/14. Depending on the exact time, the jiz would have been 5-2 or 6-2, coming off wins over Idaho State / North Dakota. So that's when Haslam decided to fire Stitt? At that point, the jiz were hitting on all cylinders and were looking scary good with the possibility of finishing 9-2. And that's when Haslam decided to fire Stitt? :-k

That would require him to know that Cats would piss pound the jiz (again). I know it's like a broken record. Then again, how could he NOT know that? I mean, come on now.

I guess Haslam's from the future. Seems to be the only logical explanation.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:08 pm

If they don't announce Beavis by Friday at the latest every one in Missoula will go on a rape spree, women, children, dogs, cats, sheep, goats, chickens... I imagine the bar talk is fun to listen to.

DaCats21
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DaCats21 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:09 pm

The MICKSTER wrote:To give a little more perspective, in 2014 when um was needing to fill the position, on December 3rd the top four candidates being reported on were;

Thanks for the timeline. I do think this will be a quicker process however. The early signing period in December has to be throwing a wrench in things a little bit

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:18 pm

St George wrote:If they don't announce Beavis by Friday at the latest every one in Missoula will go on a rape spree, women, children, dogs, cats, sheep, goats, chickens... I imagine the bar talk is fun to listen to.

FTG- GO CATS GO!

The MICKSTER

Post by The MICKSTER » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

OBSERVATION....when I was lookin' up the timeline for MSU's search in 2015 and um's search in 2014 & now, how different they are from a PR standpoint.

In 2015, MSU formally announced (near as I can tell) who was on the Interview/Selection committee, some of the candidates that had had phone interviews, and the bio's of all 5 of the candidates that had 'in-person' interviews during the process.

In 2014 & 2017 um hasn't announced (near as I can tell) who has had phone interviews and who has/is having 'in-person' interviews (except BH), or who is on the Interview/Selection team.

I don't remember back in 2014 a ground swell of support for BH at the time (but I didn't follow it that much), which is likely at least in part why he didn't get the job then. Today jiz fans consider him the 2nd coming.......my how things change.

I'll be interested to hear if after the announcement is made, if they make public who interviewed. Just wondering with all the bad press um's program has got over the past years, the overall trajectory of the school, the fact that the last coach never had a losing season, beat the 4 time national champion, won in the playoffs, had an overall winning percentage of 60% and was run out of town after just 3 years WILL IMPACT THE COACHES WHO APPLY????

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:30 pm

*by TH December 3rd , 5 candidates had been interviewed, see below (10 days after coaching change announced, 12 days after Brawl)

my point......just chill 8)

EDIT: 5 candidates interviewed were;
**Jeff Choate UW's ST coordinator (same as Hauck) and DL coach
**Tim Cramsey former MSU OC
**Brian Wright former MSU OC
**Chris Ball Arizona State co-DC
**Andy Hill Missouri associate HC and WR coach

The two biggest differences: 1, as referenced, the early signing period did not exist yet. But two, when we put out our list of confirmed coaches with interest in the Montana State opening, then each morning released the coach who was on campus, Montana State followed suit by releasing the same information and confirming each interviewee was in fact in Bozeman. There wasn't a ton of secrets once the finalists were named. The transparency on Montana State's part was impressive. And has been completely absent on UM's part when it comes to this coaching search.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 pm

St George wrote:If they don't announce Beavis by Friday at the latest every one in Missoula will go on a rape spree, women, children, dogs, cats, sheep, goats, chickens... I imagine the bar talk is fun to listen to.

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:12 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry or shake my head......

https://www.change.org/p/lisa-davey-tel ... an-winning

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:30 pm

Rich K wrote:I don't know whether to laugh or cry or shake my head......

https://www.change.org/p/lisa-davey-tel ... an-winning
Make enough noise and the University can't look the other way. Look at Tennessee and Schiano.