1PM Tuesday

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Re: 1PM Tuesday

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:49 am

I like Choate.

I think he's better than Ash. I like his style of developing, coaching and recruiting. I don't think most people realize how low the talent cupboard was when he got here.

With that said, he's got to start winning more, and getting better players in. We were close this year, but now we need to make another leap. I want to see us finish against good teams, and we did a better job of that against NAU and UM (arguably just an average team). I want to see us blow bad teams out. It's gonna be year 3, we should be able to see positive results in year 3, although I think he needs a solid 4 years for us to be truly good.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:04 am

They sure are leaving it late to announce this 1 PM press conference. :-^

St George
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by St George » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 am

And from now on football at dUMb will be referred to as Beavis Ball. Lose one game, the crying starts, lose two games, time for a divorce. Just have to love a team that marries their ex wife. If Beavis is smart he will ask for a huge buy out if let go early.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:12 am

MSU01 wrote:They sure are leaving it late to announce this 1 PM press conference. :-^
Trust me, I want more than anything to be wrong about this, I cant stand Hauck I dont even want him in my state. I would much rather be wrong and have you guys finally have something to tee off on me about being wrong. That would be a welcome change around here...............for all of us.

The problem is........that I am not wrong. This was over months ago, just like it was being reported on www.maroonblood.com back in October.
Last edited by AlphaGriz1 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:13 am

The Butcher wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:You will find out who the next HC at UM is and I can't stress this enough, but PapaG is, was and always will be wrong.

Yours and my worst nightmare is back

Here kitty kitty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
alpha sounds like a little kid that goes around telling his classmates how "his dad can beat your dad up".

Yeah, he used to make decent observations once in a while and now he’s gone full griztard. We all know you should never go full griztard. It’s amazing what two losses to the Cats will do to someone.

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:16 am

AFCAT wrote:
The Butcher wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:You will find out who the next HC at UM is and I can't stress this enough, but PapaG is, was and always will be wrong.

Here kitty kitty

alpha sounds like a little kid that goes around telling his classmates how "his dad can beat your dad up".

Yeah, he used to make decent observations once in a while and now he’s gone full griztard. We all know you should never go full griztard. It’s amazing what two losses to the Cats will do to someone.
Says the guy whos team has 30+ more losses. What is so wrong about informing you of who the next coach is? Somebody has to do it since the media is going down harder than whore in a brothel

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:25 am

bobcat99 wrote:I like Choate.

I think he's better than Ash. I like his style of developing, coaching and recruiting. I don't think most people realize how low the talent cupboard was when he got here.

With that said, he's got to start winning more, and getting better players in. We were close this year, but now we need to make another leap. I want to see us finish against good teams, and we did a better job of that against NAU and UM (arguably just an average team). I want to see us blow bad teams out. It's gonna be year 3, we should be able to see positive results in year 3, although I think he needs a solid 4 years for us to be truly good.
I agree. If we don't win 7+ games next year, the shine will be wearing off Choate even when he beats the griz again.

But I do think we win 7+ games next year, even with 2 MVFC playoff teams on the schedule. We shall see.

Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Darth Yoda » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 am

Choate combines the best parts of what made Bobby successful, but doesn't have any of the baggage. Choate>Bobby

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:56 am

Here kitty kitty

Hold on a minute. I said it could well be Hauck at the end.

What I also said is that he wasn't "hired" six weeks ago, which is a fact. You should learn to read better, Mike.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:00 pm

PapaG wrote:

Here kitty kitty

Hold on a minute. I said it could well be Hauck at the end.

What I also said is that he wasn't "hired" six weeks ago, which is a fact. You should learn to read better, Mike.
Thanks for your continuing support regarding my education and comprehension, it is much appreciated Greg. Now I just need to work on my semantics.....................or do I?

Hey its 11am and still nothing about this "hire"............its looking like maybe you guys are onto something over here, stay tuned! I am sure Skyline and the Missoulian cant wait to post the latest "scoop"

I know I cant look away

www.maroonblood.com

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:03 pm

hey! you two kids quit bickering

FTG- GO CATS GO!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:04 pm

If it gets to be noon, I am betting this is just another Bobby Hauck is SCREWING the media thingy and hes making everyone look foolish............again.

Somebody should report on that :-^ ](*,)

www.maroonblood.com

Montanabob
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Montanabob » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:43 pm

Inside source says that Bobby has signed with UM affiliate at Northern. UM Northern has signed Hauck to coach them for 3 years.

MSU fan.... U of I Graduate... They're Back

Cataholic
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cataholic » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:55 pm

=D^
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:
91catAlum wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:Jeff "Halftime" Choate?

9-13 as a coach Less than half the time he wins games but hey 5-6 is your playoffs, NC and Superbowl all rolled into one.

I wish I could understand that but alas I cant. :coffee:
An intelligent football mind is required to see what Choate is building at MSU. It's obvious you've never played the game.

:coffee:
He has already done all he can there, I dont expect you to understand this but with Hauck coming back I can see an easy 4-8 season for you guys next year. Good coaches turn ****** around in the second year and there is that pesky 5-6 again. If you didnt have Murray Choate would already be gone. Hes the only player on the cats that is elite.
Says the guy who predicted Cooper Kupp would not make an NFL roster. :lol:
=D^

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Montanabob wrote:Inside source says that Bobby has signed with UM affiliate at Northern. UM Northern has signed Hauck to coach them for 3 years.
Northern is a MSU affiliate...but kudos on the joke.

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

GoldstoneCat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GoldstoneCat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:27 pm

I'll respond this way: I'll grant you that Choate looks like the real deal in some ways. Recruiting, and use of social media to aid in it, looks to be really solid. The kids play hard for him all the time, and appear to often be the more motivated team. His in-game coaching is not very good at times yet, but as a first-time college head coach, a person can expect and accept some growing pains there. So I agree, the future looks bright. I'll also concede that by the end of Ash's time here, he wasn't an effective head coach for that team, with that staff. Something had broken, and I suspect it had a lot to do with offense/defense disparity, and a certain coordinator's willingness to sow discord based on it. Either way, coach Ash lost internal control of the program. However, and this alludes to your post: He didn't inherit a turnkey operation either. Kramer left some talent here, but he also left the NCAA breathing down our neck. Ash had to pull us up from that muck, while building a winning program. For Choate to be measurably better, he needs to win some conference championships, get us consistently ranked and then up to #1, and start making some deep playoff runs. He deserves time to do that, but I think due to the way the Ash era ended we forget how good those pinnacle McGhee years were. I hope Choate's program turns out better than that, because that'll mean we all get to witness some late December and perhaps January football. One thing seems certain; he has devoted the proper resources to the rivalry, and beating up on those guys, and I don't expect that to change even if they do re-hire The Sneer. The next 2-3 years will be interesting and have the potential to be some fun times in Bobcat Nation, for sure.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:31 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:

I'll respond this way: I'll grant you that Choate looks like the real deal in some ways. Recruiting, and use of social media to aid in it, looks to be really solid. The kids play hard for him all the time, and appear to often be the more motivated team. His in-game coaching is not very good at times yet, but as a first-time college head coach, a person can expect and accept some growing pains there. So I agree, the future looks bright. I'll also concede that by the end of Ash's time here, he wasn't an effective head coach for that team, with that staff. Something had broken, and I suspect it had a lot to do with offense/defense disparity, and a certain coordinator's willingness to sow discord based on it. Either way, coach Ash lost internal control of the program. However, and this alludes to your post: He didn't inherit a turnkey operation either. Kramer left some talent here, but he also left the NCAA breathing down our neck. Ash had to pull us up from that muck, while building a winning program. For Choate to be measurably better, he needs to win some conference championships, get us consistently ranked and then up to #1, and start making some deep playoff runs. He deserves time to do that, but I think due to the way the Ash era ended we forget how good those pinnacle McGhee years were. I hope Choate's program turns out better than that, because that'll mean we all get to witness some late December and perhaps January football. One thing seems certain; he has devoted the proper resources to the rivalry, and beating up on those guys, and I don't expect that to change even if they do re-hire The Sneer. The next 2-3 years will be interesting and have the potential to be some fun times in Bobcat Nation, for sure.
Well said. =D^

Anacomando
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Anacomando » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:32 pm

I read some stuff on the interviews from mt406sports.com It didn't really sound like anyone is being hired today and that Haslem wanted to look a little more. I'm not a Griz insider obviously though. If they hire Hauck and he works out it was a good hire obviously, but if they hire Hauck and it tanks - the program is diminished and gains zero credibility by 2020. Griz have everything to lose in hiring Hauck and little to gain. How can he match previous success? It is going to be sky high expectations that I don't think anyone can meet!

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 pm

GoldstoneCat wrote:

Talent wise, Ash inherited much more talent than Choate did. APR wise, he did a great job of improving the school.

I have never considered Ash to be that good of a coach, tbh. When you consider the talent that we had, our teams should've done much better. He did do a very good job of recruiting initially, but it sunk fast. It also didn't seem like we were mentally tough, or prepared to play good teams. He was never a coach the players would rally to, or play hard for. I appreciate what he did here, but I think he's overrated.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Its the Big Sky conference all Hauck has to do is beat Idaho, SUU and we are virtually guaranteed a Big Sky Championship next year.

UNI will ****** the bed like they do every year in Missoula and the only tough road games are Western Illinois, SUU and Idaho. The rest are cupcakes, hell Stitt could go 8-3 with next years schedule and us not playing Eastern.

www.maroonblood.com