U of M Graduates

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

U of M Graduates

Post by gtapp » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:50 pm

The only reason to go to school at the U of Montana is if you want to write poetry or hug a tree. At least you had football until now. Three crappy recruiting classes in a row and guess what; Your football program now matches your school, they both suck now.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:00 am

That was a rude thing to say. Get a clue smack should make everybody laugh not come across as some kind of prelude to a fight. I know a guy is good at smacking when I end up wanting to have a drink with him even though we disagree on almost everything.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: U of M Graduates

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:24 am

gtapp wrote:The only reason to go to school at the U of Montana is if you want to write poetry or hug a tree.

Gstring,
Another good reason would be a reasonable chance at a national championship.

Cat fans like Gstring: "I hope we beat the Griz again this year"
Griz fans: "I hope we get our 3rd NC this year"

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:12 am

Now, now, don't be too upset with gtapp. It's his addiction that makes him like this - don't ya know!

He just needs some tough love! :wink:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

tailbone
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by tailbone » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:52 pm

At least you had football until now. Three crappy recruiting classes in a row and guess what; Your football program now matches your school, they both suck now.
GTapp - You ARE a clown......and you don't know squish!

EyePopper! :shock:

Griz
http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p ... odeIds=781

Bobcats
http://scout.theinsiders.com/a.z?s=73&p ... odeIds=782

I'd tell you what it says but the visual impact is much greater!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:04 pm

wow, if that is a crappy recruiting class for the Griz, what would gtap-a-keg say about the Cats' lineup? well G-man, let's hear it...

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:27 pm

The 2002 recruiting class (J. G.'s last year): Only one player left on the team from that class. The Missoulian called that class the worst ever. 2003, Hauch's first class: Hauck got started late and ended up with an NAIA group. The Montana kids he got (with the exception of Hillard who committed early) were not even on the list at MSU and most were not even recruited by Carrol College. Lasy year (2004) was much better but not near the calliber of Dennehy's classes or Glenn's first two.

As far as MSU: Kramers first two classes (2000 and 2001) they were terrible (0-11 will do that). The last three have not only been very impressive they have stuck around (a problem we have had in the past with CA an FL kids). The JC's have not worked out but we have not relied on them anyway.

Since you probably won't take my word for it; wait until the 2005 season. Unless U of M can find a number of excellent D-I transfers the U could go 1-6 in the league in 2005. MSU on the other hand will be much better in 2005 than in 2004 and are in position for a run at the National Championship that year.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:36 pm

Lebsock and Ryan (the 2 Billings kids) were not on the MSU list becouse you couldn't get them. Ryan won the Billings Round table award, Lebsock started as a Freshman may be the next Griz saftey to win back to back BSC player of the year awards. My two cents on how bad last years class was.

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:48 pm

******Sarcasm Alert*******Sarcasm Alert******
gtapp wrote:The Missoulian called that class the worst ever.
Well, then it must be true. :shock:
gtapp wrote:2003, Hauch's first class: Hauck got started late and ended up with an NAIA group. The Montana kids he got (with the exception of Hillard who committed early) were not even on the list at MSU and most were not even recruited by Carrol College.
Let's see who's in that class...Tyson Johnson, he's only a pre-season All-American, Murphy, he only played a ton and looked incredible. Tuff Harris, he started a few and quite possibly one of the fastest guys in the conference. And that Lebsock kid, well he just showed that he can play with just about anyone. :shock:
gtapp wrote:Since you probably won't take my word for it
You can count on that.
gtapp wrote:Unless U of M can find a number of excellent D-I transfers the U could go 1-6 in the league in 2005.
What are you smoking? Did you pay a visit to O'Brien in the big house? Not one self-respecting Cat fan would even say that. When's the last time the Griz went 1-6 in the league? Even with you as coach they could do better than that. Would you be willing to put any money on that little prediction? Any amount would be fine with me. You'd probably even get some Cat fans in that action.
gtapp wrote:MSU on the other hand will be much better in 2005 than in 2004 and are in position for a run at the National Championship that year.
It took me about 6 minutes to stop laughing and wipe away the tears from this one. How long were you in Warm Springs anyway?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:55 pm

Did you say I would be a better coach than Hauck? If so, then you are right. Then again, Homer Simpson would be better than Hauck. Those players you listed are good for the Griz. How many did you list, three? (Murphy was not a recruit. He was a walk-on Grey Shirt). And no the Cats did not go after Lebsock. He is as good as he will ever get. I would happy to wager on this season. I will wager on 2005 once I see all the transfers that are in place. The Griz are on the decline. Where do you think they will finish this year? I would bet on fourth place.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:02 pm

G tripping your on. I will take 1,2 and 3. If the Griz finnish 4th or lower I'll come on the board and explain what a dumb ass I am. If the Grizz finnish 1, 2 or 3rd you will just have to post since the dumb ass part is fairly clear for all to see.

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:03 pm

gtapp wrote:Did you say I would be a better coach than Hauck? If so, then you are right. Then again, Homer Simpson would be better than Hauck. Those players you listed are good for the Griz. How many did you list, three? (Murphy was not a recruit. He was a walk-on Grey Shirt). And no the Cats did not go after Lebsock. He is as good as he will ever get. I would happy to wager on this season. I will wager on 2005 once I see all the transfers that are in place. The Griz are on the decline. Where do you think they will finish this year? I would bet on fourth place.
Keep thinking Lebsock is as good as he's going to get. I would love to hear your reasoning on that remark. If the Griz are on a decline, how come they are listing in the top 5 of every poll put out? How come the coaches and the media think they #1 in the BSC? Decline?? Maybe we have different definitions of the word decline. If you're willing to bet the Griz take 4th place in the conference, what's the bet?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:58 pm

I am surprised you can count that high with a degree from U of M. Sounds good though. What about the Cats? Lets make this a double bet. What is your prediction for them? Same Bet?

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:05 pm

gtapp wrote:The 2002 recruiting class (J. G.'s last year): Only one player left on the team from that class. The Missoulian called that class the worst ever. 2003, Hauch's first class: Hauck got started late and ended up with an NAIA group. The Montana kids he got (with the exception of Hillard who committed early) were not even on the list at MSU and most were not even recruited by Carrol College. Lasy year (2004) was much better but not near the calliber of Dennehy's classes or Glenn's first two.

As far as MSU: Kramers first two classes (2000 and 2001) they were terrible (0-11 will do that). The last three have not only been very impressive they have stuck around (a problem we have had in the past with CA an FL kids). The JC's have not worked out but we have not relied on them anyway.

Since you probably won't take my word for it; wait until the 2005 season. Unless U of M can find a number of excellent D-I transfers the U could go 1-6 in the league in 2005. MSU on the other hand will be much better in 2005 than in 2004 and are in position for a run at the National Championship that year.
As I read this post, my dog is sitting under my chair passing gas. Even THAT doesn't smell as bad as what I have just read!

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:46 pm

Is it true that as many as 25% of the U of M students are gay (normal for a liberal arts school) and is there any curriculum at U of M that requires any effort other than drinking? And don't tell me you guys don't drink because based on your posts you guys have been drunk for days now!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:40 pm

G-boy,
See, it's people like you that give good Cat fans bad names. Is it the cold in Minnesota that's given you some major brain freeze? Nah, no brain! I'm guessing you're the kid that never really figured out why your tongue kept sticking to the flag poll.

When school starts up in the fall, does your junior high have computers with the internet on them? I hope we don't have to put up with your dribbling all season. It gets the keyboard all wet and that's just not fair for the person using it after you.

I'll predict the Cat's do pretty well this year, probably contend for the conference title. Why, because I'm a realist, not an idiot (i.e. see gtapp's profile). I can admit when a team has talent, even if they are the rival. The most moronic Cat fan and Griz hater can see the Griz are loaded and should contend (as always). You are somewhere underneath that title.

VictorG,
That was hilarious!

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:44 am

gtapp,

Where did you go to High School? I knew a gtapp in High School (more than) a few years ago? Is that you Gary?

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:30 pm

Yes! HHH class of 76, MSU class of 81.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN