Bad guys: MSU vs. UM

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Bad guys: MSU vs. UM

Post by iaafan » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:47 pm

Seems like everytime someone gets in trouble with the law or quits the team, etc. a debate ensues as to which school has had the worst players associated with it. So I'm proposing a list that compares each teams bad guys. Here's a start from what I remember and how I remember it:

MSU - Joe O'Brien (drugs), budget deficit, Kramer susp. for questioning calls, Rushing (assault/acquitted),

UM - Lex Hilliard (allegedly smacked girlfriend), Johnnie Peeples (alleged drug possession), budget deficit, Blaine Taylor (DUI), Kennedy susp. for questioning officials), Mike Chavez (DUI), JR Camel (DUI), Tyler Peterson (MIP), Vernon Smith (misc. bad deeds-guns), Hartman (quit team and bad-mouthed coach), Hauck (whining),

Then there was a weed bust that involved a player from each school last year. But it looks as if UM is off to a, er, great start here. UM 10, MSU 4.

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:30 pm

Don't forget DeCoite for poaching...

GO CATS GO!!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bad guys: MSU vs. UM

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:14 am

iaafan wrote:Seems like everytime someone gets in trouble with the law or quits the team, etc. a debate ensues as to which school has had the worst players associated with it. So I'm proposing a list that compares each teams bad guys. Here's a start from what I remember and how I remember it:

MSU - Joe O'Brien (drugs), budget deficit, Kramer susp. for questioning calls, Rushing (assault/acquitted),

UM - Lex Hilliard (allegedly smacked girlfriend), Johnnie Peeples (alleged drug possession), budget deficit, Blaine Taylor (DUI), Kennedy susp. for questioning officials), Mike Chavez (DUI), JR Camel (DUI), Tyler Peterson (MIP), Vernon Smith (misc. bad deeds-guns), Hartman (quit team and bad-mouthed coach), Hauck (whining),

Then there was a weed bust that involved a player from each school last year. But it looks as if UM is off to a, er, great start here. UM 10, MSU 4.

Don't forget Etu Molden/Yo Humphries and their cop car ramming skills :D

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: Bad guys: MSU vs. UM

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:17 am

iaafan wrote:Seems like everytime someone gets in trouble with the law or quits the team, etc. a debate ensues as to which school has had the worst players associated with it. So I'm proposing a list that compares each teams bad guys. Here's a start from what I remember and how I remember it:

Why was this put on Smack board, this is a good legit comparison if any UM fans wanna spout off about Obrien :)

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:33 am

1-aa, you've got several Griz that aren't even with the team anymore. I'm sure if you went all the way back to the Blaine Taylor days, you'd find more on the Cats than you've posted. Or, do you just follow the Griz more closely?

an example, you put Hauck for whining (not disputing this one by the way) but you failed to mention Pethetic-Haskins for her shortcomings. However, that may take awhile and maybe you didn't have time. :)
Last edited by Cat-theotherwhitemeat on Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:10 am

Have a little gas I thought i might throw on the fire!

You for got the two MSU and UM player that headed home to Oregon together, but desided to bring enough pot back together to make a little extra cash and got busted in Superior. The MSU player was Hardnet, but i can not remember the Griz player.

There is also the ex-Griz player, from Helena ,who was on probation last year for Statutory Rape.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:11 am

Wow, we must be really bored to come up with this one... :?

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:33 pm

Updated list: UM 16, MSU 7

Griz list: Petek (tossed guy through donut case @Finnegans), Decoite, Hilliard, Peeples, budget, Blaine Taylor, Kennedy, Chavez, Camel, Peterson, Smith, Hartman, Hauck, Molden, Yo, Griz guy w/MSU's Hardnett.

Cat list: O'Conner (tossed guy through window downtown), Potera-Haskins, Hardnette, Kramer, O'Brien, budget, Rushing.

Anymore?

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:58 pm

This is really rather dumb since we have no time frame and things happened after being a griz or cat. One note Yo was trying to keep Etu out of trouble and he didn't get arrested or punished.

On the cat side you forgot the womens coach Sheehen who was worse than the last coach and got in trouble with the NCAA; than won the law suit.
Talbott was the equipment guy that tried to pick up little kids I believe?

Erickson got a DUI while coaching for Seattle.

The cats last Montana QB (can't remember his name) got a open container ticket ($50) and 3 hours in jail in Msla. (see how stupid and nit picky some of this is)

If you listed all the Griz/Cats that got DUIs before or after being a Griz/Cat I don't think we'd have enough space in the entire internet.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:00 pm

and don't forget about Frank McCarthy and his women.

* Side note on Frank - I used to know Frank and to tell you the truth, I think it was a big mistake to get rid of him. I know, I know...being in the car with the young woman and all. However, he was a really nice guy and a hell of a coach. He would have had your women's bb going places. Slap his hand and say don't do it again.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:16 pm

and don't forget about Frank McCarthy and his women.

* Side note on Frank - I used to know Frank and to tell you the truth, I think it was a big mistake to get rid of him. I know, I know...being in the car with the young woman and all. However, he was a really nice guy and a hell of a coach. He would have had your women's bb going places. Slap his hand and say don't do it again.
I agree 100%. Frank was/is a great coach, and a heckuva nice guy. It's too bad things ended like they did.

*Another side note.....I hear that he is now married to Amy Meckling (the girl who he was found with) and they either had a kid or are having one. Apparently it's working out for him.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:57 pm

wbtfg, do you know where Frank is coaching now? Last I heard, it was in Sheridan.

By the way, it's good to see that you've dodged that lighting bolt so far.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:42 pm

HA....As of last year, Frank was still in Sheridan...so I'm assuming that he still is. I heard that he may be battling cancer right now, so when you kneel down tonight, say one for Frank and his family.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:48 pm

that sucks! I hate the big C!!!

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:31 pm

You guys forgot this one.

CORVALLIS, Ore. ...quot; Two former Oregon State football players, including Junior Adams, who transferred to Montana State University, were convicted of felony assault Thursday for beating an OSU student at an off-campus party last summer.

raincat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by raincat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:30 pm

Former MSU all-BSC quarterback Dennis Erickson got a DWI while coaching the Seahawks after coaching at Idaho, Wyoming, Washington State and Miami, but before coaching Oregon State and the 49ers.