selective "history"

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:59 pm

Where in my post did I say anything about being satisfied with a 6-5 season? NOWHERE. Like I said, your attempts are getting weaker and weaker. Face it, you are pathetic.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

BWahlberg
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: bearbac

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:27 am

whitetrashgriz wrote:how is it that you classify us as a one man team? then what are you? we have lulay. you have hilliard. period. if we are one man, you are easily a one man squad. hypocrite.
Wrong. Lex is the major contributor, but he's not accountable for damn near 90% of the offensive production like Lulay has been. Since he's been a starter Cole Berquist averages more pass yards per game than Lex averages running. Since becoming a starter Cole has 5 TD passes while Lex has 5 rushing TDs, one man team huh?

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:35 am

I'm pretty sure he's saying that if you didn't have teams stacking 8 in the box to stop Lex, then Cole wouldn't have near the numbers he has (and they aren't all that great anyways). With a lesser RB, teams would be able to drop another one or two guys into coverage, which would make it much harder to successfully pass the ball. Lex isn't responsible for 90% of the offense because 1.) Lex doens't touch the ball every play like Travis does, and 2.) because Lex isn't as good as Travis is. Even when Lex doesn't touch the ball though, teams still have to protect against the possibility of him. Thus, I would say that Lex affects most plays the griz run.

GO CATS GO!!!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:42 am

bleedbluegold wrote:
Re/Max Griz wrote:And what would the bobcats be without Lulay?
That's a question of kind-of different nature - a quarterback without a running back compared to an offense without a quarterback - but I'll be the first to admit we wouldn't be where we are right now without Lulay. However, there is no running game to back up Lulay, which is just a tribute to him. Bergquist is decent, and Hilliard helps of course just like Ryan Johnson helped Lulay his frosh year. But the corps around Lulay is pretty good, but inconsistent (SEE: Northern Arizona second half, Portland State)

And in response to the "Offense with more than one guy on it", the UM secondary has some work to do covering 4 or 5 very dangerous wideouts, including Gatewood - I'm sure you Griz fans remember him from last year :lol:
The nice thing is the UM secondary is 3 deep at corner and saftey, so they'll have plenty of talent on the field.

4 or 5 dangerous receivers? Ok theres Gatewood, Murray & Guinn but who else? Very little recievers with big numbers after those three. If we're going by a fans opinion of "dangerous" then the Griz (IMO) have 6 dangerous wideouts, Talmage, Bagley, Ferriter, Troxel, Allen & Schulte. We've also got 3 dangerous RBs, Lex, JR and Brady Green.

- Also it's tough to forget Gatewood last year with 235 receiving & 2 TDs but don't forget Lex & JR also, Lex had 125 on the ground & 2 TDs and JR had 61 and a TD. And its tough to forget the final score, 38-22 Grizzlies.

Go Griz!

BWahlberg

Post by BWahlberg » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:44 am

BozoneCat wrote:I'm pretty sure he's saying that if you didn't have teams stacking 8 in the box to stop Lex, then Cole wouldn't have near the numbers he has (and they aren't all that great anyways). With a lesser RB, teams would be able to drop another one or two guys into coverage, which would make it much harder to successfully pass the ball. Lex isn't responsible for 90% of the offense because 1.) Lex doens't touch the ball every play like Travis does, and 2.) because Lex isn't as good as Travis is. Even when Lex doesn't touch the ball though, teams still have to protect against the possibility of him. Thus, I would say that Lex affects most plays the griz run.
Ok, makes sense, in most cases a defense playing the Griz is built around stopping Lex which does give Cole more opportunities down field.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:27 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:...If we're going by a fans opinion of "dangerous" then the Griz (IMO) have 6 dangerous wideouts, Talmage, Bagley, Ferriter, Troxel, Allen & Schulte...

I used to think you knew football, ReMax, but you've proven me wrong. After Talmage & Bagley, the other 4 "dangerous wideouts" you listed are averaging 1.4 catches/game for a whopping 11 yards/game.

Oh, maybe you're calling those 4 dangerous because of their astounding total of ONE touchdown in 8 games.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:32 am

Montana is still scoring more points per game then the cats so they must be doing something, something.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: bearbac

Post by thuss » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:39 am

Re/Max Griz wrote:
whitetrashgriz wrote:how is it that you classify us as a one man team? then what are you? we have lulay. you have hilliard. period. if we are one man, you are easily a one man squad. hypocrite.
Wrong. Lex is the major contributor, but he's not accountable for damn near 90% of the offensive production like Lulay has been. Since he's been a starter Cole Berquist averages more pass yards per game than Lex averages running. Since becoming a starter Cole has 5 TD passes while Lex has 5 rushing TDs, one man team huh?
QB yards and RB yards are not even comparable. Of course a QB is going to have more yards passing than even the best running back. look at the stats between Dan Marino and Emmit Smith. If YOU compared them in yards YOU would say that Dan Marino was the most dominating player ever in the game of football. That is a horrible argument!!

C'mon you have to have something better than that. Or maybe you are just saying lex is mediocre and compares a average redshirt freshman QB. If that is the case, maybe you should take that up with the rest of your griz fans. Can't believe i'd ever hear anybody debate between a QB and RB based on yards. HORRIBLE!! you can do better than that. GEEEZ!

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:45 am

jagur1 wrote:Montana is still scoring more points per game then the cats so they must be doing something, something.
Yeah they are playing down a division in their first game to make them feel good about themselves. It helps when you throw in a Fort Lewis and put up 55 on them. C'mon look who you played in pre-conference. Oh yeah and the Oregon game. I almost threw up when I saw that game made ESPN. Hey Griz way make the natl spotlight then look like a semi-good high school team.

El_Gato
Member # Retired

Post by El_Gato » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:03 am

ReMax,

In hindsight, I'll forget about your "dangerous receivers" comments; looking at the time you posted it, you must've been drunk.

Grizzlies: 2-5 when it matters most

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:10 am

RE/MAX,

It is sickening that you are on this that late at night. May I ask what your real intentions are on the internet at midnight on a thursday. You need to find something esle to do with your time, or do like the rest of society and SLEEP.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:18 am

Well ReMax does have a new child so he may be up for that reason.... :shock: Damm the things you learn about people on the chat board. scarry.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:38 am

Well if you really want to go there - we allowed OSU 15 points, and they just put up like 30 something on TEXAS!!!

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:15 pm

bearBAC wrote:
thuss wrote:
jagur1 wrote:Montana is still scoring more points per game then the cats so they must be doing something, something.
Yeah they are playing down a division in their first game to make them feel good about themselves. It helps when you throw in a Fort Lewis and put up 55 on them. C'mon look who you played in pre-conference. Oh yeah and the Oregon game. I almost threw up when I saw that game made ESPN. Hey Griz way make the natl spotlight then look like a semi-good high school team.
Well if you saw the game on ESPN you are the only one in the nation that did!

How many points did you put up on Okie State?
they've lost their last 5 games in a row

How is OR doing this year, and are they ranked?
bearBac-

Your comment on me being the only person to watch the game on espn is insulting to you and your griz fan base. I hope somebody else in Missoula was watching the game. If you were a true fan you would have noticed that espn telivised it on their gameplan. You just keep comin up with great stuff for me to smack back.

Oh yeah the griz allowed 47 points against Oregon! I watched the game they could have scored 100.

They even let Brady Leaf play against the griz, Ouch! That is a slap in the face. I heard from somebody at the game that they were even letting band members suit up and play in the 4th Q because they felt sorry for the griz. POOOOOOOOOORRRRR Grizzlies.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:16 pm

thuss wrote:
bearBAC wrote:
thuss wrote:
Well if you saw the game on ESPN you are the only one in the nation that did!

How many points did you put up on Okie State?
they've lost their last 5 games in a row

How is OR doing this year, and are they ranked?
bearBac-

Your comment on me being the only person to watch the game on espn is insulting to you and your griz fan base. I hope somebody else in Missoula was watching the game. If you were a true fan you would have noticed that espn telivised it on their gameplan. You just keep comin up with great stuff for me to smack back.

Oh yeah the griz allowed 47 points against Oregon! I watched the game they could have scored 100.

They even let Brady Leaf play against the griz, Ouch! That is a slap in the face. I heard from somebody at the game that they were even letting band members suit up and play in the 4th Q because they felt sorry for the griz. POOOOOOOOOORRRRR Grizzlies.
they were also letting season ticket holders play on the o and d lines :lol:

This space for rent....

thuss
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by thuss » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:20 pm

I also heard the coaches wife started calling plays in the second half