Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Post Reply
User avatar
PapaG
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:44 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by PapaG » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:28 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
dencat91 wrote:I hope you are right
Me and LegoTimeCatFan are always right. Ask anyone.
Interesting that cat bracket hasn't posted since Friday, huh?


Greg K.

User avatar
Darth Yoda
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by Darth Yoda » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Mr Lisle wrote:If I had never heard of Montana State University and Saturday was the first time I ever saw them, I would be telling the folks back home that the Bobcat defense is better than the Bobcat offense.
Interesting observation. To expand a bit, the O struggled in the first 1.5 quarters in Ft Lewis and the 1st and 2nd team D played a fairly complete game. D is +1.5 so far.

At EWU the O struggled for the first quarter and the D for most if it, although the effort in the 3rd quarter and some of the 4th was good enough to win. I'll say the O was +2.5 putting them +1 overall.

Both sides played a fairly complete game agajsnt Poly. I'll call it a wash. O is still +1.

At NAU, the O took off the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The D played ok in the 4th and that's about it. I'll say the O is +1 for the game making them +2 overall.

Sac was not that good by the O for most of the first half other than a few big plays, and overall pretty good by the D (only game up 10 points). I'll say plus .5 for the D. The second half I'm grading the D as complete but the O at 1.5 quarters of good play. This gives the D +1 in the game and the O is +1 overall.

The point is that the O also goes away for large chunks of time (although they are extremely productive when on). In my analysis the O has has only a total of 1 more quarter of quality play this year than the D. It's a tough comparison tho. When the O is on, they are playing better than any team in the nation at this level. When the D is on, they are playing at a level that's plenty good enough to win, but certainly not as one if the best in the nation. Just some ramblings. Carry on with your regular programming.



User avatar
LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8566
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:50 pm
Location: Kalispell

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm

PapaG wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
dencat91 wrote:I hope you are right
Me and LegoTimeCatFan are always right. Ask anyone.
Interesting that cat bracket hasn't posted since Friday, huh?
Maybe the tot like poster needed a little time out


Image

onceacat
1st Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1702
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by onceacat » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Darth Yoda wrote:
Mr Lisle wrote:If I had never heard of Montana State University and Saturday was the first time I ever saw them, I would be telling the folks back home that the Bobcat defense is better than the Bobcat offense.
Interesting observation. To expand a bit, the O struggled in the first 1.5 quarters in Ft Lewis and the 1st and 2nd team D played a fairly complete game. D is +1.5 so far.

At EWU the O struggled for the first quarter and the D for most if it, although the effort in the 3rd quarter and some of the 4th was good enough to win. I'll say the O was +2.5 putting them +1 overall.

Both sides played a fairly complete game agajsnt Poly. I'll call it a wash. O is still +1.

At NAU, the O took off the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The D played ok in the 4th and that's about it. I'll say the O is +1 for the game making them +2 overall.

Sac was not that good by the O for most of the first half other than a few big plays, and overall pretty good by the D (only game up 10 points). I'll say plus .5 for the D. The second half I'm grading the D as complete but the O at 1.5 quarters of good play. This gives the D +1 in the game and the O is +1 overall.

The point is that the O also goes away for large chunks of time (although they are extremely productive when on). In my analysis the O has has only a total of 1 more quarter of quality play this year than the D. It's a tough comparison tho. When the O is on, they are playing better than any team in the nation at this level. When the D is on, they are playing at a level that's plenty good enough to win, but certainly not as one if the best in the nation. Just some ramblings. Carry on with your regular programming.
Good points all Darth. I'm wondering if the fact that we played the 2 best passing QBs in the country already will help fix the D

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fcs/ ... dividual/8

Also of interest, West, Cookus, and Prukop have combined for 4700+ yards, 48 TDs, and only 8 INTs at the halfway point in the season. Jordan West's QBR is 194.8, Cookus is 178.6, and Prukop is 178.2. (For reference, the all time high QBR in a season was Russell Wilson at Wisconsin with a 191.8, and the career leader was Sam Bradford at 175.6)

=D^ =D^ =D^ =D^



[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:19 am

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
PapaG wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
dencat91 wrote:I hope you are right
Me and LegoTimeCatFan are always right. Ask anyone.
Interesting that cat bracket hasn't posted since Friday, huh?
Maybe the tot like poster needed a little time out
Hahahahaha!!!
I thought you wanted this thread to die. Wasn't that you? Regardless, nothing significant happened against Sacramento State that would make me stop posting (I rarely post on weekends or holidays).

Very little happened to make me think our D is cured. You'll notice Colter hasn't wrote anything about a big turnaround or even signs of improvement. I don't think anyone else has either. We gave up 390 yards to a very banged up team. Their RB had over 100 yards at halftime and if he doesn't go out they're over 400. I'll give us credit for holding them to 13 points, but it's only a matter of time before someone else goes off unless we continue to work as I said last week:

Postby [cat_bracket] on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:04 am
Okay I give up. I'll tell you how to fix the D now. Just wanted to watch you suffer for a few days. I'm a tad sadistic that way. Plus I like to laugh at all the corny fixes people come up with. Moving Sandland to DE. Moving Collins to DE. Sheridan to DE? Yes, that could work, but i digress.

We have a bunch of dudes who are good players, but who haven't played a lot of games together. So the first thing they've needed is some games to evaluate where they're at. They got a crash course on that. The second thing they need, which is the current thing, is to appreciate the lessons they got. Yeah, it sucked, but man-o-man did they get an education and the best part is it's all on tape. They can now evaluate it and begin working on all the things they're behind on. Thirdly, they need to get to work, take advantage of the experience, and not dwell on the losses. Step Four is stay focused on the next opponent and regardless of how well they do, don't let it go to your head, which was one lesson they got last week.
I liked what Hutch said after the game. He didn't have a big head and act like their woes are behind them. Ash also conceded that we have work to on BSR. Sheridan seemed to be a little caught up in the moment, but he also acknowledged that the D needs to continue to bear down. They need to continue doing what I said (no I don't think they're listening to me), which is staying grounded and looking at their mistakes and working to fix them. If they do that they'll gradually improve, if they think all is well, they're in for more problems.



User avatar
ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Location: 59102

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:30 am

I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.


I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:43 am

ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?



User avatar
ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Location: 59102

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:58 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?
Seriously? You think it's JUST that post? Are you this dense? You've become insufferable.


I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:39 am

ImagineSanta wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?
Seriously? You think it's JUST that post? Are you this dense? You've become insufferable.
I've become insufferable? You're wound way too tight for message boards. Yes, you should read it less and less. Wow.



BadlandsReturns
BobcatNation Redshirt
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:59 am

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by BadlandsReturns » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:45 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?
Seriously? You think it's JUST that post? Are you this dense? You've become insufferable.
I've become insufferable? You're wound way too tight for message boards. Yes, you should read it less and less. Wow.
Is this the A-HA moment you're all talking a bout?



[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:48 am

BadlandsReturns wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?
Seriously? You think it's JUST that post? Are you this dense? You've become insufferable.
I've become insufferable? You're wound way too tight for message boards. Yes, you should read it less and less. Wow.
Is this the A-HA moment you're all talking a bout?
I don't think so. I'm very amused by how easily some of these people get bent out of shape. So maybe.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by John K » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:56 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
BadlandsReturns wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
ImagineSanta wrote:I'm beginning to hate this place and have begun to read it less and less. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.
Seriously? You can't handle that post?
Seriously? You think it's JUST that post? Are you this dense? You've become insufferable.
I've become insufferable? You're wound way too tight for message boards. Yes, you should read it less and less. Wow.
Is this the A-HA moment you're all talking a bout?
I don't think so. I'm very amused by how easily some of these people get bent out of shape. So maybe.
Sometimes it's not everyone else, sometimes it's...



[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:07 am

You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.



John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by John K » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:17 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.
Dude...you really need to get over yourself.



User avatar
ImagineSanta
2nd Team All-BobcatNation
Posts: 1076
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:59 pm
Location: 59102

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by ImagineSanta » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:26 am

John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.
Dude...you really need to get over yourself.
This is all I'm really saying. ^^^


I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:49 am

John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.
Dude...you really need to get over yourself.
There's nothing in there that I need to get over myself about. I'm talking about how people like Santa react to someone telling him the undeniable truth. So, therefore, he needs to get over himself since he can't handle it and has to pout able no reading the board anymore. What society you guys live in where someone tells you something true that you don't want to hear and you fall apart over it. Must be liberals.



User avatar
mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 4326
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:44 pm

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by mslacatfan » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:59 am

can we just end this thread..... good lord


FTG- GO CATS GO!

John K
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 8192
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:04 am
Location: Great Falls MT

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by John K » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:05 am

mslacatfan wrote:can we just end this thread..... good lord
Agreed...I'll do my part. This will be my last post on this topic.



User avatar
TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer
Posts: 3532
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: Bow, WA

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by TIrwin24 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:07 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:
John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.
Dude...you really need to get over yourself.
There's nothing in there that I need to get over myself about. I'm talking about how people like Santa react to someone telling him the undeniable truth. So, therefore, he needs to get over himself since he can't handle it and has to pout able no reading the board anymore. What society you guys live in where someone tells you something true that you don't want to hear and you fall apart over it. Must be liberals.
I gotta agree Bracket. In the past most of your stuff that you post is pretty decent, level-headed stuff. Seems like you've kinda gone off the deep end on this one.


"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat
Posts: 5869
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:35 am
Location: RNC Headquarters

Re: Nothing can fix the D; lots of problems

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:12 am

TIrwin24 wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:
John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:You guys aren't around here that much anyway, so not a big loss. I could care less if what I say bothers you. It only makes me laugh at how fragile you are emotionally that you can't hold it together when confronted with the truth about your football team of all things. It's a lot easier if you just accept things as they are.
Dude...you really need to get over yourself.
There's nothing in there that I need to get over myself about. I'm talking about how people like Santa react to someone telling him the undeniable truth. So, therefore, he needs to get over himself since he can't handle it and has to pout able no reading the board anymore. What society you guys live in where someone tells you something true that you don't want to hear and you fall apart over it. Must be liberals.
I gotta agree Bracket. In the past most of your stuff that you post is pretty decent, level-headed stuff. Seems like you've kinda gone off the deep end on this one.
The funny thing is no one can say what i went off the deep end about. People disagree and I'm cool with that, but they continue to take personal shots at me, so I defend myself. How is that going off the deep end?



Post Reply