Truth is...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Toucat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Truth is...

Post by Toucat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

Jobu wrote:Uhhhhh, Barry? Based on the highlighting of the OP's misspelling of "erge", I'm fairly certain he misspelled it on purpose to mock the OP.

OH, and it's "you're". #-o
In an effort to get this to 17 pages, I'm smarter than you're

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:01 pm

Toucat wrote:
Jobu wrote:Uhhhhh, Barry? Based on the highlighting of the OP's misspelling of "erge", I'm fairly certain he misspelled it on purpose to mock the OP.

OH, and it's "you're". #-o
In an effort to get this to 17 pages, I'm smarter than you're
This is the Gamble legacy. Let an English perfesser become prez of an engineering school and instead of worrying about facts and data y'all (see what I just done!) piz, bitch and moan cuz it not be in the more gooder format...and ya still be danglin participles to high heaven!

PapaG
Golden Bobcat

Post by PapaG » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:36 pm

bobcat99 wrote:
mommacat wrote:I wonder why Coach Ash has such a long lineage of former players that come back to coach under him if he is supposedly so disliked and disrespected. :-k
You don't have to like your boss.
If he or she is your direct report in a team situation, yes, you need to respect, and also like, your boss. There are a handful or two of coaches on any staff at the FCS level, and finding the correct chemistry is crucial for success. I can't see how former players would stay year after year for the peanuts (comparatively) that assistant coaches make in Bozeman if they hate Ash. In other words; I don't believe you.

Seattle to Billings to Missoula to Bozeman to Portland to Billings

What a ride

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:25 am

Truth is Ash and every college coach in the country knows their job depends on winning. They also know that they can't simply will a team to win and that they need quality players and good luck with injuries and the bouncing ball to achieve that.

bobcatskier
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by bobcatskier » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I hereby nominate this thread as the most profoundly stupid subject to ever darken the halls of Bobcat Nation. And like the idiot that I am......I continue to read this drivel. Shame on me #-o

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:24 pm

bobcatskier wrote:I hereby nominate this thread as the most profoundly stupid subject to ever darken the halls of Bobcat Nation. And like the idiot that I am......I continue to read this drivel. Shame on me #-o
Well aren't you just a jolly, bundled up happy sort of individual! Just because you missed the trees on your last run and managed to crawl out of the tree well you skied into your last run doesn't mean you need to call an inanimate object stupid! What did this thread ever do to you?

Now, can y'all get back to hating on the coaches? Especially the mommas who had to watch their little precious baby stand on the sidelines?

VimSince03
Golden Bobcat

Post by VimSince03 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:27 pm

This thread has gone off the rails...I blame myself for bringing up the fraternity thing! Added a solid 5 pages of material or something that resembles material. [-(

"There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season."

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:33 pm

Page 11... No way this makes it to 17 pages.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:37 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Page 11... No way this makes it to 17 pages.
Bet you a six pack of Copper John's Ale from the Madison River Brewery. In Belgrade. Talk about geographically challenged. Maybe Thompson's Spring Creek, The East Gallatin, Middle Creek or the West Gallatin. But Madison River? Must be a California transplant who has the brewery.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:40 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
Bet you a six pack of Copper John's Ale from the Madison River Brewery. In Belgrade. Talk about geographically challenged. Maybe Thompson's Spring Creek, The East Gallatin, Middle Creek or the West Gallatin. But Madison River? Must be a California transplant who has the brewery.
You're on, copper John is my #2 Scotch Ale (Cold Smoke being #1)

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:43 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I know. He's a Bobcat. But still man. It's made downstream from Butte. In a HUGE toxic waste site for a "town." And! They hauled all the crap from Bonner back upstream so it can slowly but surely make it's way back to that other place.

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I know. He's a Bobcat. But still man. It's made downstream from Butte. In a HUGE toxic waste site for a "town." And! They hauled all the crap from Bonner back upstream so it can slowly but surely make it's way back to that other place.
...and the only way you win is if the Mods kill the thread...

grizatwork
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by grizatwork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:22 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
I'll make my contribution to this thread.

Cold Smoke 1a
Mountanin Man 1b
Copper John 1c
Batch 44 1d

and the rest are not so much.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:27 pm

grizatwork wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Cold Smoke 1a
Mountanin Man 1b
Copper John 1c
Batch 44 1d

Huh... Never tried Mountain Man OR Batch 44

Cat Grad
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cat Grad » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:32 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Cold Smoke 1a
Mountanin Man 1b
Copper John 1c
Batch 44 1d

Well, if you're going to start going there, then let me say I prefer Pigs Ass out of Belt to them all and my favorite t-shirt is from the Beaver Creek Brewery in Wibaux.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Mountain Man is from the Front in Great Falls. Batch 44 is from Mighty Mo in Great Falls. I think they distribute Mountain Man in Bozeman now. They should have it in Kalispell in the next 6 months or so. If I come over next year for a game, I will bring you a 4 pack to your tailgate section. I might bring a growler of the batch 44 as well.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:37 pm

Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Cold Smoke 1a
Mountanin Man 1b
Copper John 1c
Batch 44 1d

Well, if you're going to start going there, then let me say I prefer Pigs Ass out of Belt to them all and my favorite t-shirt is from the Beaver Creek Brewery in Wibaux.
Pigs ass porter out of belt is pretty good. I like their beltian white and Charlie Russell Red too. Their scotch ale leaves a lot to be desired howerever. Not a big fan, but I think that might have to do with the others being so darned good in relation to it.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:39 pm

By the way, I erge you all to ease up your opions of Ash. He has done a remarkable job. The talent and depth of the cats are better than they have ever been. It took Don Read 10 years and a lot of luck in 1995 to win the chipper.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:40 pm

grizatwork wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
grizatwork wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:
Cat Grad wrote:

Cold Smoke 1a
Mountanin Man 1b
Copper John 1c
Batch 44 1d

Pigs ass porter out of belt is pretty good. I like their beltian white and Charlie Russell Red too. Their scotch ale leaves a lot to be desired howerever. Not a big fan, but I think that might have to do with the others being so darned good in relation to it.
Pigs ass is really the only good beer out of Belt.

The Tamarack in Lakeside is sure crafting some tasty brews. So is the Great Northern. I really like the cold brewed IPA's up here.

grizatwork

Post by grizatwork » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:49 pm

I just like saying Pig's ass...