Stadium chatter

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:18 pm

GavinDonos wrote:Griz fans have a lot to strive for if they want to claim that they have the nicest stadium in all of IAA.
I don't think playing in an NFL stadium qualifies as 1-AA. And, it's usually Tony Moss that states it's the nicest in 1-AA, not Griz fans.

Numb-nuts.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:26 pm

wait, that was mean......and it's the off season.

what I meant to say was..................

meanie pants

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:39 pm

My lord, would you please save the pretty princess act for later in the year... I was being sarcastic when I compared the two. Everyone in the whole world knows the frizzies play in the nicest, most prettiest stadium ever. You people seem to have a way of bringing it up every now and then.

Just relax, I fully agree that you guys have by far the finest stadium ever donated. I would never dream of making fun of the giant concrete anus that is Dennis Washington Stadium.

*edit Sorry for the smack burst
Last edited by GavinDonos on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WYOBISONMAN
BobcatNation Letterman

....Here is the best indoor facility in the WEST...

Post by WYOBISONMAN » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:01 am

Here is the best indoor facility in the WEST...

We need the CATS to come over and play us!!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:33 am

GavinDonos wrote:My lord, would you please save the pretty princess act for later in the year... I was being sarcastic when I compared the two. Everyone in the whole world knows the frizzies play in the nicest, most prettiest stadium ever. You people seem to have a way of bringing it up every now and then.

Just relax, I fully agree that you guys have by far the finest stadium ever donated. I would never dream of making fun of the giant concrete anus that is Dennis Washington Stadium.
Krispy Kreme, I know you were being sarcastic, as was I. I hope I don't have to explain all my posts to you, that would wear out my keyboard. I like how you throw in the word "donated" like it was a bad thing. Jealousy is a coat you wear with pride.

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:00 am

Sure, I'll admit, It would be great if the 'Cats played in a place as nice as Dennis Washington Stadium, but that has nothing to do with you or the people you associate with, white-meat.

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:05 am

Wash-Griz may or may not be the "nicest" or "best" stadium in I-AA, but there is little doubt that it has the best atmosphere. And if 'whitemeat goes to games then he is part of the best part of Wash-Griz.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:42 am

JahGriz, I do go to the games, rarely miss them. Sometimes go as far as Cal-Poly to watch them on the road. Been going for 19 years.

Donut Hole, who lit the fuse on your tampon?

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Re: ....Here is the best indoor facility in the WEST...

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:38 pm

WYOBISONMAN wrote:Here is the best indoor facility in the WEST...

We need the CATS to come over and play us!!

Is that a converted Walmart Supercenter? :) Just kidding, the front just reminds me of a Walmart store for some reason. No doubt its one of the best indoor stadiums in all of 1-AA.

jagur1
Member # Retired

Post by jagur1 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:40 pm

Anybody know what a pound of cheese costs at the Fargodome?
Last edited by jagur1 on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never mistake activity for accomplishment.

I'm sick of the man because the man is a thief.

Four

velochat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by velochat » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:53 am

I'm unable to think of Fargo as part of the west. To me, the west starts somewhere in Western North Dakota. Definitely west of Bismarck and east of Miles City.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:47 pm

MSU has commissioned architectural drawings for three stadium options. The first is to close off the end zone giving the stadium a "U" shape. The second adds structures to the corners on the fieldhouse side and the third is a 30,000 seat stadium which is very impressive (I have drawings of all three). The goal would be to simulate what Missoula has. The size is not the main issue. Missoula's stadium is not impressive just because of its size and is not modern, but it creates a noise level similar to a 50,000 seat stadium because of its shape and the proximity to the field. This has an impact on recruiting and to a smaller degree performance. Because of MSU's dept on the existing stadium they will never proceed with any improvements without first paying off the existing dept and receiving major private contributions to prevent further dept. The boosters have talked about helping to pay for the end zone upgrade but would have to generate at least one million dollars over what they donate now.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:48 pm

As far as domed stadiums go, the Northern Iowa stadium is impressive.

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN

grizhatr
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by grizhatr » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:05 am

Agree. And the fans were just as good. Definately better than those west of us.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:06 am

grizhatr wrote:Agree. And the fans were just as good. Definately better than those west of us.
I would consider Idaho State more south of you. :shock: