Board Cleanup

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Board Cleanup 2

Post by SACCAT » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:25 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:Had the shoe been on the other foot, I would be pulling for MSU to advance further than NAU. Perhaps that's the native Montanan in me......
I am from Montana...And I would rather my daughter live in a whore house, than root for the griz, and there is nothing wrong about that. I was watching the UM/OSU game this weekend, and I noticed that Urban Myer won't even say "Michigan" and when he did on accident, his wife made him wash his mouth out with soap. He just says "That team up north", and the Michigan coach Won't say "State" after Ohio.

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Re: So which Big Sky team....

Post by Cat_gld » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:37 am

SACCAT wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:Had the shoe been on the other foot, I would be pulling for MSU to advance further than NAU. Perhaps that's the native Montanan in me......
I am from Montana...And I would rather my daughter live in a whore house, than root for the griz, and there is nothing wrong about that. I was watching the UM/OSU game this weekend, and I noticed that Urban Myer won't even say "Michigan" and when he did on accident, his wife made him wash his mouth out with soap. He just says "That team up north", and the Michigan coach Won't say "State" after Ohio.[/quote

Do you really have a daughter? What a choice to have to make. Wow!!

GRIZFNZ
BobcatNation Team Captain

Board Cleanup

Post by GRIZFNZ » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:24 am

SACCAT wrote:
I am from Montana...And I would rather my daughter live in a whore house, than root for the griz, and there is nothing wrong about that. I was watching the UM/OSU game this weekend, and I noticed that Urban Myer won't even say "Michigan" and when he did on accident, his wife made him wash his mouth out with soap. He just says "That team up north", and the Michigan coach Won't say "State" after Ohio.
Quite disgusting that you think so little of your daughter. I guess the good thing is that you didn't mention a son, so with any luck your lineage will come to an end upon your passing.

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:42 am

GRIZFNZ wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
Quite disgusting that you think so little of your daughter. I guess the good thing is that you didn't mention a son, so with any luck your lineage will come to an end upon your passing.
Oh I have a son as well. And my "Lineage" has lasted since the mid 1800 here in Montana, and has seen about half go to MSU while the other half went to UM. Anything else on your mind?

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:25 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:
09griz wrote:
gtapp wrote:Going into the 2013 season I thought the BSC would be one of the premier conferences. I guess not. 2 of our top 3 teams got handled by 4 loss teams. I expect CC to beat the griz next week. EWU will have to carry the torch. I wish we had made the playoffs but I think the outcome would have been just as disappointing.
Out of curiosity, why do you expect CC to beat the Griz?

Montana is historically 20-1 against teams from the south in playoff games at Missoula. The average score is 41-14 Montana. The one loss was by one point, 23-22, to Wofford in 2007. And of course Wofford is a very run-oriented football team. If that record doesn't prove cold can be a disadvantage for these teams from the south I don't know what will...

A team from the feared BigSouth conference residing on the balmy Carolina coast has to travel across the country from sea level to the Mountains and beat a team that historically has the best home field advantage in the playoffs when the current forecast predicts an arctic front bringing in temps in the negatives and even more frigid wind-chills.

And aside from that both the Sagarin and Massey power ratings have Montana playing at home as a favorite without even considering such things as that.
Because the Griz are very beatable this year. You guys have literally squeaked by sub .500 teams all year. It wouldn't be a surprise to start losing when you start playing teams that have a winning record.
Like when we played the kitties???

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:46 pm

Placidlakegriz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:
09griz wrote:
gtapp wrote:Going into the 2013 season I thought the BSC would be one of the premier conferences. I guess not. 2 of our top 3 teams got handled by 4 loss teams. I expect CC to beat the griz next week. EWU will have to carry the torch. I wish we had made the playoffs but I think the outcome would have been just as disappointing.

Montana is historically 20-1 against teams from the south in playoff games at Missoula. The average score is 41-14 Montana. The one loss was by one point, 23-22, to Wofford in 2007. And of course Wofford is a very run-oriented football team. If that record doesn't prove cold can be a disadvantage for these teams from the south I don't know what will...

A team from the feared BigSouth conference residing on the balmy Carolina coast has to travel across the country from sea level to the Mountains and beat a team that historically has the best home field advantage in the playoffs when the current forecast predicts an arctic front bringing in temps in the negatives and even more frigid wind-chills.

And aside from that both the Sagarin and Massey power ratings have Montana playing at home as a favorite without even considering such things as that.
Because the Griz are very beatable this year. You guys have literally squeaked by sub .500 teams all year. It wouldn't be a surprise to start losing when you start playing teams that have a winning record.
Like when we played the kitties???
Actually...yes. Beating MSU reinforces that theory, rather than disproving it. MSU had some flashes of great play this season, like SMU, UND, and NAU, but overall our record would indicate that were were nothing more than a slightly above average team this year.

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:27 pm

I think the Griz will go the furthest,

Roughly 1,200 miles to Fargo and back! :lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

Placidlakegriz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Placidlakegriz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:I think the Griz will go the furthest,

At least we may get to go. How about the cats?

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Placidlakegriz wrote:

Really lame smack. But from what I've seen this is the best you can really come up with. So you got that going for ya.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

John K
Golden Bobcat

Post by John K » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:51 pm

allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Really lame smack. But from what I've seen this is the best you can really come up with. So you got that going for ya.
Which is nice...

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:57 pm

John K wrote:
allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Which is nice...
:lol: :lol:

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Potomac Griz

Board Cleanup 3

Post by Potomac Griz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 pm

allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

It was pretty lame and flawed smack to begin with :(

Missoula to Fargo is about 950 miles so 1900 miles round trip.
Eastern Washington will likely travel to Charleston Illinois (Eastern Illinois) which is about 1880 miles from Cheney, so 3760 miles round trip.
For you MSU grads 3760 > 1900.

Hell...Cats player would be traveling further than the Griz for the playoffs too (to watch them on TV) when they go home to Texas after finals then have to go back to Bozeman for the next semester :mrgreen:
Yes, I know that was lame smack too. I'm trying to add to the train of lameness!

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Potomac Griz wrote:
allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Eastern Washington will likely travel to Charleston Illinois (Eastern Illinois) which is about 1880 miles from Cheney, so 3760 miles round trip.

Hell...Cats player would be traveling further than the Griz for the playoffs too (to watch them on TV) when they go home to Texas after finals then have to go back to Bozeman for the next semester :mrgreen:
Yes, I know that was lame smack too. I'm trying to add to the train of lameness!
So I didn't look it up, so what!

Potomac Griz

Post by Potomac Griz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:
Potomac Griz wrote:
allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Do you really need to look it up to determine that the distance between a Montana city and a North Dakota city (you know, the state we share a border with) is going to be smaller than the distance between a Washington city and an Illinois city? :P

Yes...I went there... Geography Smack! And yes I like the tiny text since no one reads it.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:11 pm

Potomac Griz wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:
Potomac Griz wrote:
allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

Do you really need to look it up to determine that the distance between a Montana city and a North Dakota city (you know, the state we share a border with) is going to be smaller than the distance between a Washington city and an Illinois city? :P

Yes...I went there... Geography Smack! And yes I like the tiny text since no one reads it.
...griz stain...I don't think he really gives a shat.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:54 am

Potomac Griz wrote:
allcat wrote:
Placidlakegriz wrote:

See Potomac can at least do some smack with some flavor to it. Placid's smack is pretty flacid.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

BFcatfan

Board Cleanup 4

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:43 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:
John K wrote:
[cat_bracket] wrote:I really like what the Griz have been doing on offense. The 28 points they scored against us is the most points we allowed at home all year. They mix the run and pass well and are very good on third downs. The Griz are also healthy at the right time of year. CC is from a weak conference and is coming into a loud, cold environment.

NDSU isn't invincible. The Bison are banged up on D and have escaped defeat several times the last two years in the playoffs. JMU, Wofford and GSU have all given NDSU a big scare. Their luck is gonna run out. I won't be surprised if the Griz do it and if they do, the national title is within their grasp.
I'm not sure whether or not you're being facetious, either about cheering for the Griz, or in believing that they have a legitimate shot at the NC. As I said before, I won't cheer for them purely as a practical matter, even if I didn't hate them (and I do hate them). They'll have at least a 50-50 chance to win on Saturday, just because of their significant home-field advantage. But I'd bet you just about any amount of money that they won't beat NDSU.
The Griz got nothing to lose and NDSU has put all kinds of pressure on itself. UM is playing well of late beating their last two opponents 70-20 and allowing just one defensive TD. I seriously like their chances. I think they will smoke CC and go into NDSU on fire. It'll be interesting to see how NDSU performs vs Furman. UM has a knack for having highly seeded teams to choke in the round before they play them. It's an interesting bracket to follow.
Cat bracket... Your either smoking funny sh** or sleeping with a griz fan...I hope it's the funny sh**.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:48 pm

09griz wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:
09griz wrote:

Heard the same stuff in '09

That's the great thing about playoffs...
All ?'s are answered.
Isn't that just two years after you became a DIE HARD griz fan.. Curiosity killed the CAT!

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:09 pm

GRIZFNZ wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
No it has nothing to do with his daughter.... In simple English, which most griz fans can't understand.. What he is saying is that his opinion of whores is higher than that of griz fans....Me.... I'm the same way. Clicking yet? Wheels spinning but the hamsters dead? Need pictures?

Bozcat003
Member # Retired

Post by Bozcat003 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 pm

BFcatfan wrote:
GRIZFNZ wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
No it has nothing to do with his daughter.... In simple English, which most griz fans can't understand.. What he is saying is that his opinion of whores is higher than that of griz fans....Me.... I'm the same way. Clicking yet? Wheels spinning but the hamsters dead? Need pictures?
yikes..... :shock: :shock:
we got some angry people tonight.