Griz Smack

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Doc3kgt
BobcatNation Team Captain

Griz Smack

Post by Doc3kgt » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:31 am

Those creepy bastards over at Ejizz have started up a Bobcat smack thread a bit early this year. Thought I would kick start a griz beat down thread to keep everything even :wink:

No longer relevant but still good stuff:

Never too early to join the good guys =D^

And my personal favorite:

Now I know that this week is SUU, but it is NEVER too early to talk ****** about the jizzlies. Please add!

falconcat
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: Griz Smack

Post by falconcat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:13 am

:goodpost: Great Job...a little humor goes a long way. This going to be a fun couple of weeks...can't wait until the playoffs. Yes I see 2 wins and home playoff gameS in our future. :!: GO CATS

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:18 pm

Fabulous work! Well done. The Bobby Hauck one in particular is fantastic.

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:33 am

Bump!

mods.. why did this get moved to no mans land where nobody can see it and post? I know it is "smack" but it is Cat / griz smack for goodness sakes. Please move it back to where people are actually going to see it and add!!

Joe Bobcat
Member # Retired

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 am

I for one appreciate how this board was set up and how the Mods keep it organized. It makes this the best fan board there is. If as you say Smack talk is no-mans land then that is simply telling you that smack is a very low priority for the bulk of Bobcat nation users. Those that want to will freely come and play smack with you. Good bunch of smack though I guess.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Doc3kgt wrote:Bump!

mods.. why did this get moved to no mans land where nobody can see it and post? I know it is "smack" but it is Cat / griz smack for goodness sakes. Please move it back to where people are actually going to see it and add!!
Because this is Care Bears and Rainbows nation.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:56 am

I think you should sue BAC on this one. Although this is clearly smack and clearly marked as such, I believe that your disabilites should provide you with some latitude on this.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:44 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:mods.. why did this get moved to no mans land where nobody can see it and post? I know it is "smack" but it is Cat / griz smack for goodness sakes. Please move it back to where people are actually going to see it and add!!
We set-up this board very specifically to keep the smack talk in this area. Our intent isn't to make every post as visible as possible. Our intent is to keep this place full of meaningful discussion, fun, and a place everyone enjoys. So we have the smack section for those that choose to read it, and those that don't care to see it can ignore it. Sorry, our goal is to keep this place on topic as much as possible.

I am my personal opinions on the subject that a lot of you are aware of, but I'll keep that to myself. Sorry if you don't like how the board is organized, but it's how we've chosen to run this place and we get a lot of compliments for it, so we must be doing something right.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:47 pm

Counter Assault wrote:Because this is Care Bears and Rainbows nation.
EXACTLY!! That's why no one here is allowed to talk about firing coaches, poor player performance or anything. Right? :roll: We only want sunshine and butterflies here.

Seriously, we try to keep things here from being personal and name calling, but we in NO WAY discourage differing opinions.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

BigBruceBaker
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BigBruceBaker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 pm

allcat wrote:I think you should sue BAC on this one. Although this is clearly smack and clearly marked as such, I believe that your disabilites should provide you with some latitude on this.
Very true. BAC might know a lot about taxes but he knows nothing about "lawyerin". Thats disability talk for smart folks.

I love the Bobcats and the Miami Hurricanes an unhealthy level

Doc3kgt

Post by Doc3kgt » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:38 am

Ok cool I understand, just thought you might make an exception being that it is almost Cat/ griz week and all. Safe travels for people going to the SUU game.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:46 am

Doc3kgt wrote:Ok cool I understand, just thought you might make an exception being that it is almost Cat/ griz week and all. Safe travels for people going to the SUU game.
If anything we are probably more strict for Cat/Griz week because things get out of control in a big hurry around here. I won't lie, while I still love that game, being a mod on this board has made me like the lead up week to that game less and less every year (and please let there never be a bye week before Cat/Griz again).

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

rtb

Post by rtb » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:18 am

kmax wrote:If anything we are probably more strict for Cat/Griz week because things get out of control in a big hurry around here. I won't lie, while I still love that game, being a mod on this board has made me like the lead up week to that game less and less every year (and please let there never be a bye week before Cat/Griz again).
Let's just make a deal right now. If there is ever a bye week before Cat/Griz the three mods will just leave the keys in the ignition and let this place run itself into the ditch for those two weeks! We will then come back on Sunday after the game and "reset" the board to where it was 2 weeks ago! :D I don't think there could be a worse punishment for the two mods that actually moderate this board! :-^

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:24 pm

You guys do all the work, and I get all the blame. It's a perfect system! :wink:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:13 pm

Doc3kgt wrote:
No longer relevant but still good stuff:
This one never fails to make me laugh.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:You guys do all the work, and I get all the blame. It's a perfect system! :wink:
See, he's admitting you should sue him.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

griz since earl solo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by griz since earl solo » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:57 am

falconcat wrote::goodpost: Great Job...a little humor goes a long way. This going to be a fun couple of weeks...can't wait until the playoffs. Yes I see 2 wins and home playoff gameS in our future. :!: GO CATS
"can't wait until the playoffs" ?? So you can watch the best football team this state has ever seen? GO GRIZ !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 am

kmax wrote:
Doc3kgt wrote:Ok cool I understand, just thought you might make an exception being that it is almost Cat/ griz week and all. Safe travels for people going to the SUU game.
If anything we are probably more strict for Cat/Griz week because things get out of control in a big hurry around here. I won't lie, while I still love that game, being a mod on this board has made me like the lead up week to that game less and less every year (and please let there never be a bye week before Cat/Griz again).
You guys have a thankless job. I am sure everyone appreciates all your hard work. Thanks for keeping BN the fantastic place it is!

BLACKnBLUEnGOLD
Member # Retired

Post by BLACKnBLUEnGOLD » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:47 am

General advice. If you're wondering why we don't do something here that they did on egriz...the fact that they did it on egriz is probably your answer. Most people on this board to NOT wish it was more like that one.

"What's our job? Gettin the offense the ball! How we gonna do it? By any means necessary!"

-Trent King, Playmakers

Air Force Cat

Post by Air Force Cat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 am

I'm not any good with all the photoshop stuff and all that, so PLEASE tell me somebody can come up with come good captions for this...