I'm sorry, I just need to vent…...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mtkaren
BobcatNation Redshirt

I'm sorry, I just need to vent…...

Post by mtkaren » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 pm

I had a Griz friend of mine tell me we are tied with them at 6-2. #-o

Ok, I feel better now. Had to get it off my chest. It's Monday, it's snowing, and adding this statement in just started my week out bad. I'll hang out here for a bit and cheer up.

catdaddy7
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: I'm sorry, I just need to vent…...

Post by catdaddy7 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Ask your Griz friend how they did when they played down in Texas. 8-[

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

mtkaren
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mtkaren » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:40 pm

catdaddy7 wrote:Ask your Griz friend how they did when they played down in Texas. 8-[
I honestly couldn't even reply to him. My mouth was just frozen with the WTF look. 8-[ One of those "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" moments.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:42 pm

Is anyone else confused by this whole thread, or am I missing something?

MashTun
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MashTun » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:Is anyone else confused by this whole thread, or am I missing something?
Conference vs non-conference record?

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Yeah I'm with BAC. Karen, are you saying their 6-2 is different from the Cats' 6-2 because the Cats have only lost out of conference?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:51 pm

MashTun wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:Is anyone else confused by this whole thread, or am I missing something?
So somebody is upset because a UM person claimed they were tied with us at 6-2 (which is true), because that person thinks that only conference records should count? And conference records halfway through the season before we've played the two toughest teams on our schedule at that?

Is that the gist of it? If so ... it's probably not something to really worry about at this point. The remaining games in the regular season will dictate any and all bragging rights -- there are no bragging rights to be had by either side at this point.

MashTun
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by MashTun » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
MashTun wrote:
So somebody is upset because a UM person claimed they were tied with us at 6-2 (which is true), because that person thinks that only conference records should count? And conference records halfway through the season before we've played the two toughest teams on our schedule at that?

Is that the gist of it? If so ... it's probably not something to really worry about at this point. The remaining games in the regular season will dictate any and all bragging rights -- there are no bragging rights to be had by either side at this point.
Conference wins DO count for something, I'd guess that was the thought. Correct, there are 2 HUGE games coming up.

I'd bet her griz fan friend is of the more obnoxious variety, you just get tired of them. I know a couple of those types. :sick:

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry

mtkaren
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mtkaren » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:24 pm

MashTun wrote:
Bay Area Cat wrote:
MashTun wrote:

Conference wins DO count for something, I'd guess that was the thought. Correct, there are 2 HUGE games coming up.

I'd bet her griz fan friend is of the more obnoxious variety, you just get tired of them. I know a couple of those types. :sick:
I'm speaking conference wins here, yes Mashtun. You see my point. Just don't feel we are "tied" with them in this stage of the season. He also had to point out they beat a ranked team (CalPoly) two weeks ago. :-({|= Not sure what ranking poll he was looking at. We do have some huge games coming up. The last part of this season is going to be a nail biter for both Montana teams. I just feel we are heading into it in a better spot than they are but at this point things can change weekly. Stay the course, Cats!!

Walk-on
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Walk-on » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:42 pm

mtkaren wrote:I had a Griz friend of mine tell me we are tied with them at 6-2. #-o

Ok, I feel better now. Had to get it off my chest. It's Monday, it's snowing, and adding this statement in just started my week out bad. I'll hang out here for a bit and cheer up.
Did it appear to make him feel better about himself and his feelings for his team? You might remind him that NAU is also 6-2.

Armchair QB and Monday Morning Extraordinaire

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:49 pm

There's a reason um got thumped by NAU, gave up 500 yards to PSU, needed a miracle to beat Poly and got behind by 25 and lost to EWU at home. They'll need to play better against SSU this week than they did in any of those games to come out on top. They came out of the gate smokin', but haven't maintained it.

I'll just leave it at that.

mtkaren
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by mtkaren » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 pm

Walk-on wrote:
mtkaren wrote:I had a Griz friend of mine tell me we are tied with them at 6-2. #-o

Did it appear to make him feel better about himself and his feelings for his team? You might remind him that NAU is also 6-2.
As is Eastern Washington.

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:16 pm

This conversation is headed nowhere so I've moved it over here.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image