I have had enough!!

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

joe_montana_state
BobcatNation Letterman

Re: I have had enough!!

Post by joe_montana_state » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:42 pm

After reading this I promptly told my wife to make me a samich and get me a beer...and after that bake some of those cookies I like. She must have needed supplies cuz the cars gone and my credit card is missing! Anyway I got our back this weekend but the rest of you need to step it up. #-o

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:59 pm

This place makes me feel great about myself. Every single day. Thanks, guys.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Marana CAT wrote: we are still in the shadow until at least getting into the semi final. We are getting respect but look what the grizz did last year and then read about them on Sports Network, ESPN and other sites and tell me we have passed them.
You just gave yourself away with that "semi-final" crap, griz troll. Get lost.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Marana CAT
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Marana CAT » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Sorry did not mean to hurt your feelings. Thought you were an objective unbiased writer? Posts and blogs from the uneducated sports fan should not bug you. I guess the truth really does hurt sometimes... See how important that one pick is now to the thousands of CAT fans that don't blog with BN. News flash I am not the silently minority. So pay attention, suck it up and help bring another BSC to Bozeman and a long run at the National Championship. Prove me wrong the next 3 months. It's a win win.... Like the grizz just don't glorify them in Cat Country!

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but I will kick you repeatedly in the balls, Gardocki!"

Counter Assault
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Counter Assault » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 pm

KeepTheChange wrote:Take a breath, step back from the ledge, and pull the dildo out of your a**.
And I get warned for dropping an F-bomb!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 pm

Man, you surf for 6 years then then it spews forth like a volcano. I just hope I don't get caught in the ash cloud. I like you also wish for a reporter born on the turf of Bobcat stadium. Then we can also dump those darn out of state players. Maybe we can also get a coach that is an alumnus, maybe a guy that won't even speak the forbidden word. (grizzly ) Of course since God is from the Gallatin Valley, we could ask him to help us out also. The more I think about this, I'm not sure that I qualify for the cheering section I was actually born in Pennsylvania. Darn it, now I feel so bad because I don't actually hate the gritz. Up until this very moment my 2 favorite teams were the Bobcats and whomever was playing the gritz. Alas now I know that I have been an inadequate fan, thank you newbie for shedding light on this for me. Oh woe is me.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Cat Fam
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Cat Fam » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Ha Ha Ha! You say the griz are classless? You'd fit right in.

Townsendcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Townsendcat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 pm

Marana we all show our stupidity in different ways, you did it in your first post THAT IS SPECIAL!

Bobcat4Life

Post by Bobcat4Life » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Seriously trade in your Blue and Gold, you would look good in maroon.

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:48 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:This place makes me feel great about myself. Every single day. Thanks, guys.
FYI I love your articles...you are a true professional

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

This space for rent....

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am

Marana, I don't understand your beef with Colter. The only thing you said in your rambling first post that made any sense was that he was from UM and that fact means nothing. Colter's job is to report on the Cats, not to cheer for them. I, myself, am completely happy with the job he does. I read most of his stuff and feel like I am pretty well informed about what is going on with the team. That is of course the role of a journalist isn't it, to INFORM his/her readers. Seems to me that Colter is exceptional at keeping his followers informed and he is doing it in multiple forms (BN, Preview Mag, articles, etc)

As far as him picking other teams to beat the Cats, who cares. When anyone is asked who is going to win in a particular game they have to give their OPINION. Why would anyone care if a UM alum thinks that the Griz are going to beat us? I'm not thankful that CN is around because I love his opinions, I am thankful he is around because I think he is a good journalist who keeps me informed.

Trust me, I hate the Griz as much as anyone and I have plenty of arguments with Griz fans that are my friends or that I work with but I think most rabid fans are able to separate their love for their team from what someone does for work. I have jabbed Colter a few times on here for some of his opinions(I'll admit that the fact that he is one of those Grizzlies makes it kinda fun) but I sincerely hope that Colter is around for a long time because he is good at his job. Marana, maybe you want a hometown guy reporting on the Cats so you can hear that it is always sunshine and that we will never lose again but most of us are grown up enough to deal with reality. I am sure I've typed some stuff on here that some might have thought was stupid but I hope none of my posts have been as ridiculous as your first.

utucats
Member # Retired

Post by utucats » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:26 am

Marana, I don't understand your beef with Colter. The only thing you said in your rambling first post that made any sense was that he was from UM and that fact means nothing. Colter's job is to report on the Cats, not to cheer for them. I, myself, am completely happy with the job he does. I read most of his stuff and feel like I am pretty well informed about what is going on with the team. That is of course the role of a journalist isn't it, to INFORM his/her readers. Seems to me that Colter is exceptional at keeping his followers informed and he is doing it in multiple forms (BN, Preview Mag, articles, etc)

As far as him picking other teams to beat the Cats, who cares. When anyone is asked who is going to win in a particular game they have to give their OPINION. Why would anyone care if a UM alum thinks that the Griz are going to beat us? I'm not thankful that CN is around because I love his opinions, I am thankful he is around because I think he is a good journalist who keeps me informed.

Trust me, I hate the Griz as much as anyone and I have plenty of arguments with Griz fans that are my friends or that I work with but I think most rabid fans are able to separate their love for their team from what someone does for work. I have jabbed Colter a few times on here for some of his opinions(I'll admit that the fact that he is one of those Grizzlies makes it kinda fun) but I sincerely hope that Colter is around for a long time because he is good at his job. Marana, maybe you want a hometown guy reporting on the Cats so you can hear that it is always sunshine and that we will never lose again but most of us are grown up enough to deal with reality. I am sure I've typed some stuff on here that some might have thought was stupid but I hope none of my posts have been as ridiculous as your first.

Bobcat1
New Recruit

Post by Bobcat1 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:03 am

So, I will use this as my first post. I , too, have been reading BN for years and enjoy the content. I also enjoy reading anything Colter writes. So what if he picks UM to win CAT/griz. It is merely an opinion. The game is played endzone to endzone and the outcome is not determined by what someone writes. Keep up the good work Colter. Good luck to the Bobcat football team and beat NAU. :D

Hi-Line Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Hi-Line Bobcat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:18 am

O maccarana, I sometimes wonder what alternate universe people live on, that they can be so far out of touch with reality? #-o

By the way Colter, I like reading your stuff even when I sometimes disagree with your picks or analysis. If everyone agreed with your write ups and analysis what fun would the job be?

If your left, you aren’t right.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:29 am

I would like to make a special, one-time only offer for those Cat 'fans' who feel the need to bash Colter for having the audacity to attempt to maintain a certain level of objectivity when covering the team. As I am not a professional journalist like Colter and therefore do not have the same professional responsibilities he does if I want to continue working in the business, I can offer for the sum of a mere $1000 a month, a special weekly Bobcat newsletter entitled "BOBcATS FANZ ONly!!1!!". This fine newsletter will consist of nothing but the most sugar-coated, optimistic, anti-Griz, anti-EWU, anti-everyone except the Bobcats rhetoric. A list of articles slated for use in the first edition are:

BOBCATZ 99 LUMbeRJAX 3
DENarios McEHEE THROZ TDZ AND LikZ KITTENS
EWUU TUrF LOKZ LIKE BLOOOD HAHAHAHaAH
GRiZ UnFOMSR R PInK!@!!!!!!!@!
WHY COAChS hAVE NO KILLR InSTNCT - A StASTISTCL ANALSYSIS

To subscribe to this exciting new newsletter, please send your first year's fee of only $12,000 through Paypal to stopyourdamnwhining1@gmail.com - Thanks!

StealthyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by StealthyCat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 am

MSU01 wrote:I would like to make a special, one-time only offer for those Cat 'fans' who feel the need to bash Colter for having the audacity to attempt to maintain a certain level of objectivity when covering the team. As I am not a professional journalist like Colter and therefore do not have the same professional responsibilities he does if I want to continue working in the business, I can offer for the sum of a mere $1000 a month, a special weekly Bobcat newsletter entitled "BOBcATS FANZ ONly!!1!!". This fine newsletter will consist of nothing but the most sugar-coated, optimistic, anti-Griz, anti-EWU, anti-everyone except the Bobcats rhetoric. A list of articles slated for use in the first edition are:

BOBCATZ 99 LUMbeRJAX 3
DENarios McEHEE THROZ TDZ AND LikZ KITTENS
EWUU TUrF LOKZ LIKE BLOOOD HAHAHAHaAH
GRiZ UnFOMSR R PInK!@!!!!!!!@!
WHY COAChS hAVE NO KILLR InSTNCT - A StASTISTCL ANALSYSIS

To subscribe to this exciting new newsletter, please send your first year's fee of only $12,000 through Paypal to stopyourdamnwhining1@gmail.com - Thanks!
Ok, Paypal took my 1st year payment no problem. It went right through, but now it says that email address is no good. Now what? :evil:

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. (Vince Lombardi)

CelticCat
Golden Bobcat

Post by CelticCat » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 am

Wow.

We really have achieved e-griz levels. I can no longer mock e-griz.

R&R Cat Cast - the only Bobcat fan podcast - https://www.rrcatcast.com
Twitter - https://twitter.com/rrcatcast

BadlandsGrizFan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BadlandsGrizFan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:40 am

Lovethecats75 wrote:So, let me get this right. What you are saying is the only way to get as good as the griz is to be as big of a$$holes as they are.
Let me just say, the CAT program has already passed the griz and we are leaving them in the dust. Best yet we did it the right way. We do not need to go into the gutter like the griz fans do. I love where we are how we got here. Let's keep doing it the right way.
Haha, this and the first post on this page is why we refer to you as Little Brother. You cats are funny :lol: :lol:

catdaddy7

Post by catdaddy7 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:45 am

BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:So, let me get this right. What you are saying is the only way to get as good as the griz is to be as big of a$$holes as they are.
Let me just say, the CAT program has already passed the griz and we are leaving them in the dust. Best yet we did it the right way. We do not need to go into the gutter like the griz fans do. I love where we are how we got here. Let's keep doing it the right way.
Haha, this and the first post on this page is why we refer to you as Little Brother. You cats are funny :lol: :lol:
Really? Tell me what's better about Um over MSU. To simplify it I'll break it down for you.
#1 Cruzado versus Engstrom. Not even close
#2 Ash versus Delaney. I'm thinking Ash
#3 Enrollment. We passed you guys this year. Ours is growing while UM's is faltering.
So keep clinging to the thought that we are your little brother, maybe we were at one time in some areas but not
anymore. :yes:

Thank God there's Hockey this year .........

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:26 am

catdaddy7 wrote:
BadlandsGrizFan wrote:
Really? Tell me what's better about Um over MSU. To simplify it I'll break it down for you.
#1 Cruzado versus Engstrom. Not even close
#2 Ash versus Delaney. I'm thinking Ash
#3 Enrollment. We passed you guys this year. Ours is growing while UM's is faltering.
So keep clinging to the thought that we are your little brother, maybe we were at one time in some areas but not
anymore. :yes:
Here's something I will give my opinion on in this otherwise sadly comical thread. In terms of simply the football program, here's the factors to weigh. Several MSU coaches told me the key to recruiting this day in age comes down to two things: winning and facilities. Let's break it down. We will evaluate everything in a four-year sample size. As adults and long-time Big Sky fans, we tend to gravitate toward longer sample sizes of history. Griz supporters will always argue 7 national title game appearances in 15 years, 17 straight years in the playoffs, the streak, etc. But in all honesty,kids that will become Cats or Griz in the next four years only know about the last three or four years. No high school kid gives two ****** about the Montana 2001 national title team. It's the same thing as saying a kid picked UM over MSU because the Cats went 0-11 in 2000. It's irrelevant. Kids in high school now were like 6 years old in 2001.

Here's your factors.

1. Winning — Montana State is 40-15 dating back to the 2009 season if you include this year's 3-2 mark. During that time, Montana State has shared the last thre Big Sky titles, including the 2011 title with the Griz and posted a 27-6 record against Big SKy competition. During that same span, Montana is an identical 40-15 overall, 23-9 against Big Sky competition. Those marks are largely aided by UM's 14-1 record in 2009. Since 2010, Montana State is 33-10, Montana is 26-14. In the BIg Sky, the Bobcats have won 22 of 25 league games, while the Griz have posted a 15-10 mark. Edge: Bobcats

2. Facilities: Washington-Grizzly was long the crown jewel of the FCS. It still is among the best venues. But the additions to Bobcat Stadium coupled with the star power on the team — I think it's safe to say that DeNarius McGhee, Cody Kirk and Zach Minter have achieved star status around this state >> to any Griz since Marc Mariani left in 2008 — along with the wins and the image Coach Ash helps project makes Bobcat Stadium right up there with Washington-Griz. If you've ever stood on the sidelines at a Griz game, you know it's literally one of the loudest places in college football. It's louder than Husky Stadium, Reser Stadium (Oregon State) or Martin Stadium (Washington State). Those are my only frames of reference besides Qwest Field in Seattle and no one is touching that. But much of Wa-Griz loudness comes from the acoustics and the proximity to the field. When you are down in by the Sonny Holland end zone, it's third down, Zach Minter is waving his arms, Brad Daly digs in his cleats, it's a big game like Stony Brook last year, then Bobcat Stadium gets close. The stadiums are close in this evaluation, but Washington-Griz gets a slight edge. When you throw in all the other facilities — weight room, training room, locker rooms, etc., — Montana State blows Montana out of the water. Edge: Bobcats

3. Academics: I won't bore you with my full analysis, but if you get a liberal arts degree in something like, say, journalism, you are going to be poor. If you get a degree in something like, say, engineering or architecture or nursing, you are going to make a good living. Edge: Montana State

4. Administration: Again, I don't want to completely go nuts on the administration across the mountain so I will leave it at this: Royce Engstrom is lost and Waded Cruzado is a visionary. She has as much to do with the success of the football program as anyone and you have to love her because she puts equal amount of energy into all aspects of this university. It trickles down into the community. She's an amazing lady. Bozeman is lucky to have her.

5. Coaching: Delaney has revamped the attitude and made the program have more of his identity. Still, I'd take Ash in a landslide. As far as staffs go, I think Coach Gregorak is a fantastic coach. I think Heysohn (sp?) the new offensive coordinator has a brilliant mind. But I'd take Bo Beck teaching my defensive line to be mean, irreverent SOBs, Kane Ioane mentoring All-Americas left and right, Jason McEndoo working wizardry with young offensive linemen any day of the week. I think Montana State has a few of the most talented young assistants in the league. Edge: Bobcats

6. Community: I grew up in Missoula. I lived there from when I was 7 until I was 22. It's a great place. It's filled with character and characters. There's a lot going on if you like "original" things. But the quality of life in Bozeman is second to none. The sun shines more. There's hardly any traffic. You don't wait in line for anything. It's clean. Most importantly, it's a 15 minute drive from a sweet ski hill. A lot of you paint me as this guy who couldn't ever get another job if I wanted. I just got offered another newspaper job YESTERDAY. I choose to live here because I LOVE it here. This gig I have now is my avenue to build something unique with an endlessly high ceiling and get to live in paradise while doing it. Edge: Montana State in a landslide.

Montana is an institution and a football program that lives off of nepotism. That's coming from an alum. Will the Griz always be a formidable opponent? Certainly. There's too much tradition, too many advantages they have like Washington-Grizzly for them to completely fall off the map. But the only thing that makes Montana State the "little brother", at least when it comes to football, is the fact that many Bobcat fans believe it to be true. These are peer programs. Both sides of the rivalry would agree. And it's a fantastic thing for the state of Montana.