Hi ! A Frenchie needs your help here...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Lustuu
New Recruit

Hi ! A Frenchie needs your help here...

Post by Lustuu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Hello everyone !
First of all, I apologize if this post seems unwelcommed (and if my english is bad) here, but I saw a poll here, a little old, but you were judging which city in Montana is worst - that's how I found you. I'm writing something I'd like to call a novel, but it would be a little pretencious, so let's say I'm writing something for my own pleasure. I'm French, and my scene would takes place in Montana. It's an apocalyptic version of our world, and people come from anywhere in Montana. I've made researches, and this state just looks incredible. But even if I search here and there, I can"t really find Montana people who TALK about their home. Unfortunately, I can't come visit (or more!) for now, so please... I need answers, I need descriptions, I need your advices...
It seems that Montana is a "sportive" state ? I think sports and fishing are two great points of your state ? (This, and the magnificent places, mountains, rivers... Ahh!)
Are people here sportives because of your culture, or do they need to be interested in ? What I mean is : are you "pushed" into sports when you are young ?
Also, I need a character who would be like a "redneck" (in a positive way I guess), which means for me that he could be able to use properly a knife, hunting, fishing... You know ? He would live in a small city which sucks a little (people here talked about Browning ? :P ), where he could have learned those things.
Edit : If a character has parents who work in the army, is there a place where he could have lived ? Like a military base ?

Edit ² : And, could I ask you how people are in Montana ? I mean, their politics, moral, etc. opinions ?

Do you get my point ?
I thank you very much for reading me, and I hope you will answer my questions (And I'm very sorry if some of my sentences aren't correct) !

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Re: Hi ! A Frenchie needs your help here...

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:30 pm

Come out, experience Montana, do your own research. It's the only true way to write about this state that so many have romanticized.

I'll never leave Montana and Montana will never leave me.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:47 am

Actually stay in France

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:27 pm

:lol: [-X

bobcatmaniac
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bobcatmaniac » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Sorry but this is very odd...

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:53 pm

I suggest you consult one of Bobcatnation's regular posters named "Plainiac". He's a French Model so you already have something in common.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Rich K wrote:I suggest you consult one of Bobcatnation's regular posters named "Plainiac". He's a French Model so you already have something in common.
YES!

Bwahahaha