MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:15 am

Assuming this is true, I'm sure Fields will have some very logical, sound explanation...and I know this happens all the time...but no matter how you slice it...it makes MSU look bad. I'm very disappointed.

No one cares about an SMU matchup...strictly a pay-check. The NDSU game would continue to build on the revival of long-time rivalry and garner national attention.

Killing this game is really a "lame" move. Apologies to the Bison fans.

hattonbison
New Recruit

Post by hattonbison » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:37 am

codecat wrote:
the_hog wrote:
codecat wrote: I don't pay much attention to guys like hattonbison as he either isn't aware of the Georgia Southern game score this year, can't count, or is just pridefully delusional - that he would call a score of NDSU 23 - GA Southern 20 a "beatdown".

He wasnt talking about this years 23-20 playoff game win, he was talking about last years 35-7 beatdown of GSU in the dome. Know what you are talking about before you post.

Hope you guys come to Fargo in the playoffs this fall, cant wait for the beat down you are in for if you do. And lovethecats75, you gotta make it out of the quaterfinals before you can start talking about the Championship.
His post did not differentiate what year he was talking about so anybody's perception at this point is just as accurate as any others.[/quote
If you would have stopped to think before you post you would understand. The year GSU bought out the game was the same year as the 35-7 semifinal game. Kitties bought out this upcoming season game, if you make the playoffs and come to fargo, I am hoping same thing happens. Since we are talking about buyout games, I thought you could figure it out but I guess not. GSU didnt buy any game with us last year so I wouldn't compare last year.

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:43 am

i'm pissed. had an entire family trip already planned out. and i wanted to see how we stack up against the best. this just seems weak to me. i understand the money but it just seems like we are scared. very annoyed right now...

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:52 am

word1 wrote:This really sucks....I'm an NDSU guy, I won't lie. I was really looking forward to having a great weekend with you guys. Long story short, i see why you bitched out. I'm assuming you are hoping for a top 2 seed.

I have a quick question though...why did you buy out 2007?

Somehow I don't see Missoula bitching out next year.....I guess the top teams know better.

2nd or 3rd tier FCS is always scared, not really sure where you guys think you are.

I wanted to show so much respect until this happend. You guys get bitch whipped by anyone and everyone with a running game in the playoffs. You might as well just fold the program.

:lol: :lol: You fools are claiming that using the buyout clause is backing out of the contract, it is not, the contract is honored. Some of you Bison fans claim this will hurt our OOC scheduling for years to come, then hold up UM as maintaining contract, for the last 10 years UM has been the poster child for using the buyout clause when it suits their needs.

Whats this I hear your AD calling SMU trying to poach that game from us, I heard you even offered to play them for less than we are and they turned you down. Talk about underhanded BS

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:56 am

Maybe NDSU can use the extra $$$ to coax North Dakota to come to Fargo and resume the battle for the Nickel Trophy? Seem's to me that's the game that needs to happen.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:00 am

This is an embarrassment. The Bison have been trying to get this return game for 7 years now. Maybe the Bison and griz fans are right and we Cats are just a bunch of pussies.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 am

Plainiac wrote:This is an embarrassment. The Bison have been trying to get this return game for 7 years now. Maybe the Bison and griz fans are right and we Cats are just a bunch of pussies.

No. I would use that term for a person claiming to be a fan of one team, but actually a fan of another, or as one of your buddies says "no kahunas."

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:21 am

@86... :lol: :lol: uh, ok...

Fields should be canned. Finally an interesting OOC FCS game and he pulls the ol' 3 card monty on us and the Bison.

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 am

Plainiac wrote:This is an embarrassment. The Bison have been trying to get this return game for 7 years now. Maybe the Bison and griz fans are right and we Cats are just a bunch of pussies.
Dude, seriously. You are not a Cat fan. Give it a rest you dunce.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:52 am

If I'm not a Cat fan then why do I have a Cat logo tattoo on my back with 1984 overlaid from shoulder to shoulder?

BigSkyCat
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by BigSkyCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 am

Some perspective from the other side:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/a ... /homepage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I understand their frustration because of the scheduling problems that this creates for them. If it were the other way around, I guarantee everyone on this board would be just as mad.

Interesting that the buyout in 2007 was only $10,000 and that NDSU is paying Delaware State $200,000 to come to Fargo. It sounds like they expect to have to spend a similar amount or more to schedule an opponent to replace Montana State at this point with most everyone's schedules finalized.

Bottom line, this is costing NDSU some money and making MSU some money. It is still really disappointing from a fan's perspective.

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:01 pm

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/

NDSU's AD is just one huge whiner, much like his fan base.

He's calling out Montana State in the local paper. How classless can he be? He's the one that agreed to the $100,000 buyout. He only has himself to blame. MSU completed their end of the contractual agreement.
Gene Taylor on Saturday said the Bobcats have opted to buy out of next September’s football game at the Fargodome, leaving the Bison scrambling to find an 11th opponent.

“Really angry, really disappointed,” Taylor said. “Stunned. I just don’t understand it.”

He said MSU will pay the $100,000 exit fee to play another game, which is presumed to be against Football Bowl Subdivision Southern Methodist. Taylor said the final decision was made after Friday’s announcement that the Bison will play Delaware State on Sept. 21.
Taylor said. “We uphold our end of the bargain … then they tell us in late February. It’s not how we do business here.
Strange how Taylor talks about the right way to do business. The way that Taylor does business is state that forging tens of thousands of signatures on an election issue by ten of his players isn't that big of a deal - no suspensions came even after they are guilty. He said he'll wait until the court finds them guilty because he has his doubts. In the middle of the season when all ten plead guilty, he doesn't do anything. But when the softball team has party problems, those players get suspended for 10 or more games even before they are convicted. The legislature is changing the law to make what NDSU's players did into felonies, not high level misdemeanors, and Taylor has the gall to state "it's not the way we do business here". Wow. Just wow. The way they do business is not to follow contracts or laws.

Calling out Fields publicly is low class. Just will make it all that tougher for NDSU to get another game, and likely won't be from another Big Sky team.
Last edited by Siouxfan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rich K
Golden Bobcat

Post by Rich K » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Plainiac wrote:If I'm not a Cat fan then why do I have a Cat logo tattoo on my back with 1984 overlaid from shoulder to shoulder?
Because in reality you are a French model. Bonjour.

Favorite name of a law: Millstone Act

Siouxfan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Siouxfan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:06 pm

So some Montana St fans want a game near Minnesota for recruiting.

Guess what? There is already a conference game. Why have two?

Recruit Minnesota and Texas in the same year. That's what this switch does.

CapitalCityCat
Member # Retired

Post by CapitalCityCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Plainiac wrote:If I'm not a Cat fan then why do I have a Cat logo tattoo on my back with 1984 overlaid from shoulder to shoulder?
drunk dare? lost bet? A night in Tijuana that you'll never get back? Please do share. I'm sure it's a scintillating story.

Retiring my moniker. It's time to ride off into the sunset. It's been a fun ride. Go Cats.

Cledus
Golden Bobcat

Post by Cledus » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 pm

word1 wrote:Sorry, that was too emotional after hearing that you backed out. Probably a good move for you if you want to get a top seed. I don't like backing out on a contract, but that is why their is a buy out clause. I will say this, without feeling bad about it, this is why you are #2 in your state. The grizz don't back down do they?

Teams that feel they are good don't back down.

Hopefully you guys don't see Sam Houston...ooooof
Not sure if you're being serious. The West Side Girlz wrote the manual on backing out of home and home series games. That's why they hosted DII teams for several years -- the away game was never honored and they rightfully earned that reputation.

UM is the university equivalent of Axe Body Spray and essential oils.

Topher
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Topher » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:31 pm

Your team will benefit financially, but anywhere outside of Bozeman this looks like running away. SMU is ironically a no lose situation (because you will almost certainly lose) for you folks. Loss = Big Paycheck and no shame because they should beat you. Win = Paycheck, and a lot of vindication. This is the stuff Cat fans chided the Grizzlies about for years. I was embarrassed when we did this, and it will set a tone for 2013.

Then again what do I know. You beat SMU, and Fields is a genius.

Baha Men....Soooooo much more than "Who Let The Dogs Out"

tjbison
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by tjbison » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Siouxfan wrote:So some Montana St fans want a game near Minnesota for recruiting.

Guess what? There is already a conference game. Why have two?

Recruit Minnesota and Texas in the same year. That's what this switch does.
They want to play a good team.....get it

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:54 pm

This is a major bummer. Im going to guess this is happening to rearrange the schedule so we can have six home games. But whatever the reasons are it makes MSU look terrible and I have a hard time defending our school.

Hating the griz since 02.

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:17 pm

I just had a random thought. I wonder if this was actually the source of Coach Mac's lack of integrity rant during recruiting season. I can't imagine that it happened overnight, or that any of the coaches are very proud of it.