MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:49 pm

rebel wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
rebel wrote:Looking forward to the explanation for the change.
Explanation-ND would not guarantee enough tickets for all the Cat fans that wanted to go to the Game. Needed to move,to a larger stadium. Lets go rock it in Dallas!
OK, that works for me. Next? Would be nice to have an official explanation of the change, though.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 am

It is the weekend, I would guess we will know more on Monday of not in the morning

kcatz
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by kcatz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 am

It is the weekend, I would guess we will know more on Monday of not in the morning
I am guesssing we won't have any sort of explanation before Tuesday and even then I bet that we don't hear anything until the official schedule is released.

With that said, I wonder how much this reschedule has to do with keeping 6 home games. It is possible that a game with SMU was in the works for awhile but by keeping NDSU on the schedule there was no way to do the SMU game and 6 home games. There wouldn't be any other away games that could realistically be bought out at this time (EWU, is closer and cheaper travel and also a conference foe).

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:34 am

the_hog wrote:
codecat wrote: I don't pay much attention to guys like hattonbison as he either isn't aware of the Georgia Southern game score this year, can't count, or is just pridefully delusional - that he would call a score of NDSU 23 - GA Southern 20 a "beatdown".

He wasnt talking about this years 23-20 playoff game win, he was talking about last years 35-7 beatdown of GSU in the dome. Know what you are talking about before you post.

Hope you guys come to Fargo in the playoffs this fall, cant wait for the beat down you are in for if you do. And lovethecats75, you gotta make it out of the quaterfinals before you can start talking about the Championship.
His post did not differentiate what year he was talking about so anybody's perception at this point is just as accurate as any others.

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

catsrback76
Golden Bobcat

Post by catsrback76 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 am

I think the issue surrounding the buyout and the reschedule for SMU is related to recruiting in Texas and a reward for DeNarius in his senior year to get into Texas early and to play in front of a contingent of fans and future recruits. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned the number of recruits we have brought in and the coincidence of having played Texas A&M in 2007. To deny the link, particularly for Texas recruits is simply to be naive about how important it is to see a team play one of the bigger boys on the block IN TEXAS.

I think we gain far more traction from playing SMU than we do going to play NDSU, a team we will get to play further in the year in the playoffs anyway.
:coffee:

bpcats20

Post by bpcats20 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:58 am

I think opting out of of this game is a terrible mistake for Bobcat football. I thought that facing the Bison would give the players, coaches, and us fans a true idea of where we needed to improve to become a championship team. I hated to have that losing streak to the Griz for all those years and to the Eagles, but at least it showed the coaches where we needed to improve...total cop out in my opinion.

I can understand the pressure of balancing the budget, but it is also important to keep your word when signing these contracts.

This may not be an issue in later years. Teams in the Big Ten are already starting to ban playing games against FCS level competition. I can see that trend growing in the future.

FTG06'
Member # Retired

Post by FTG06' » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:07 am

Dunno what everyone else thinks of this situation. I happen to think it is chicken s*** to back out. Little brother does that kind of garbage, not MSU.

Men, do your duty.
3-7-77

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:29 am

Its over johnny that's why I was baiting you guys on this thread recently. .... honestly this sucks we had a blast with u guys at your place and tailgating but imm too drunky right now even to talk smack just blaaaaa u wussies..blllllaaa hahaha peace out we are the champions my friends....twice

ChiOCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by ChiOCat » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

That sucks. I'm glad we didn't stay in Fargo for it.....but if we had I'd be as bitter as LakeBison!!!

"We are all vulnerable, and all fallible, with mortality our only certainty..." - Dr Kenneth Bock

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:56 am

This really sucks....I'm an NDSU guy, I won't lie. I was really looking forward to having a great weekend with you guys. Long story short, i see why you bitched out. I'm assuming you are hoping for a top 2 seed.

I have a quick question though...why did you buy out 2007?

Somehow I don't see Missoula bitching out next year.....I guess the top teams know better.

2nd or 3rd tier FCS is always scared, not really sure where you guys think you are.

I wanted to show so much respect until this happend. You guys get bitch whipped by anyone and everyone with a running game in the playoffs. You might as well just fold the program.

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:59 am

KalCat76 wrote:Hope to jump on amtrak at Whitefish and pick up friends along the way. Looks like tickets will be a problem.
Nope........pussies

WYOBISONMAN
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by WYOBISONMAN » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:05 am

Pretty ****** move by MSU. I doubt NDSU administration will ever trust MSU to honor a commitment again. If you guys see us in the playoffs......... I would be worried. The Bison will be out for you.

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:08 am

Sorry, that was too emotional after hearing that you backed out. Probably a good move for you if you want to get a top seed. I don't like backing out on a contract, but that is why their is a buy out clause. I will say this, without feeling bad about it, this is why you are #2 in your state. The grizz don't back down do they?

Teams that feel they are good don't back down.

Hopefully you guys don't see Sam Houston...ooooof

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:32 am

rebel wrote:I don't doubt that theory one bit, but the administration could at least admit the real reason. Their silence is damning.
Its sunday of a 3 day weekend. Patience, grasshopper.

85CatGrad

Post by 85CatGrad » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:47 am

word1 wrote:Sorry, that was too emotional after hearing that you backed out. Probably a good move for you if you want to get a top seed. I don't like backing out on a contract, but that is why their is a buy out clause. I will say this, without feeling bad about it, this is why you are #2 in your state. The grizz don't back down do they?

Teams that feel they are good don't back down.

Hopefully you guys don't see Sam Houston...ooooof

That's sucks that our AD bought out the contract. I had plans in place to go watch the Cats kick your ass of that pigeon perch you call a dome.

P.S. Is Fargo in Minnesota or is that where simply where all your players live? A? :wink:

kdigz
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by kdigz » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:03 am

I will wait for the official word...but for right now....I'm embarrassed. I am sure that money played a part in this, but I have nothing to say to those who call MSU a bunch of pussies. Are they right?

60% of the time, it works every time

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 am

kdigz wrote:I will wait for the official word...but for right now....I'm embarrassed. I am sure that money played a part in this, but I have nothing to say to those who call MSU a bunch of pussies. Are they right?
who cares what other people say/think? Things like this happen across the country all the time. Its only february and ndsu has plenty of time to book another game.

It's a bummer, however, I think people are blowing this waaaaay out of proportion.

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 am

NDSU will be goin fbs enough with this playground stuff

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:28 am

A contract written by both parties and singed by both with a buy out clause written in. Not only in $ but with a time frame to do so. Legal binding contract, legal and GREAT move by the Cats for the future of Bobcat football. Not the first time in collage football this has happened and will not be the last.

gtapp
Golden Bobcat

Post by gtapp » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 am

This is a bad move on many levels:

1. MSU/NDSU used to be a very good rivalry and could be again. This will not help.
2. This is the kind of non-conference game we should have every year (top five FCS school)
3. Having this game early in the year would be a good gage of where we are at and what we need to improve on. We learn more from this kind of game than we do against SMU, Texas A&M etc.
4. We owe them a game.
5. We are trying to start recruiting MN again and so the argument about recruiting Texas also apply's to this game and MN.
6. The chance to play the two time defending champs!!!!

Gary Tapp
Graduated MSU 1981
Hamilton High School
Minneapolis, MN