MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by lakesbison » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Plainiac wrote:I've got some bad news to report. I was in Williston for work last week all decked out in Cat Gear. Big mistake. MSU is getting no respect from the bison fans over there and I spent 10 days getting berated and called a pussy for backing out of the game in Fargo. Don't these idiots know that I had nothing to do with pulling out of our game with them? Gonna be a long year...
I saw a couple guys wearing a bobcat hat in fargo last weekend downtown bars, those guys got ridiculed bigtime, at first they kinda laughed it off, but after 15-20 different groups called them pussies to their face they started to hang their heads in shame. oh well.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:58 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Plainiac wrote:I've got some bad news to report. I was in Williston for work last week all decked out in Cat Gear. Big mistake. MSU is getting no respect from the bison fans over there and I spent 10 days getting berated and called a pussy for backing out of the game in Fargo. Don't these idiots know that I had nothing to do with pulling out of our game with them? Gonna be a long year...
I saw a couple guys wearing a bobcat hat in fargo last weekend downtown bars, those guys got ridiculed bigtime, at first they kinda laughed it off, but after 15-20 different groups called them pussies to their face they started to hang their heads in shame. oh well.
Is this how you highlight the scumbag nature of North Dakota? I always thought North Dakotans were pretty decent people, but what you are talking about is bullying.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:34 pm

You must be really proud lakes.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:04 am

lakesbison wrote:
I was in Fargo a couple weeks ago and it was funny - I saw like two NDSU shirts the entire 3 days I was there. Plenty of UND stuff, but it seems even the people in Fargo don't care about Fargo. :-k Seems UND hockey is at least twice as popular as NDSU football. And plenty of MSU stuff (Moorhead State). Seems like the retailers there are like a lot of retailers here. In Fargo they're choking on NDSU apparel - can't seem to give it away. Retailers here are hauling UM stuff by the truckload to Goodwill.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

gocats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by gocats » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:37 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Yea, because it was their fault that the MSU/NDSU game isn't happening. :lol:

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Alcohol doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean.... on chairs, tables and random ugly people....

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 am

KittieKop wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
I was in Fargo a couple weeks ago and it was funny - I saw like two NDSU shirts the entire 3 days I was there. Plenty of UND stuff, but it seems even the people in Fargo don't care about Fargo. :-k Seems UND hockey is at least twice as popular as NDSU football. And plenty of MSU stuff (Moorhead State). Seems like the retailers there are like a lot of retailers here. In Fargo they're choking on NDSU apparel - can't seem to give it away. Retailers here are hauling UM stuff by the truckload to Goodwill.

You were drunk , or stuck watching hockey. Fargo is 90% NDSU....it's just that the Aholes (10%) wear their und stuff to get boners from the attention and dirty looks they get, it's quite sad

[cat_bracket]
Golden Bobcat

Post by [cat_bracket] » Tue May 07, 2013 12:45 pm

NDSU has had an inferiority complex to UND for years due to UND's wildly popular hockey team which has had players in the Olympics and NHL. Seven NCAA titles beating teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, Boston U and College. They've hosted the Frozen Four. NDSU has nothing that compares.

Cat in NC
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat in NC » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 am

[cat_bracket] wrote:NDSU has had an inferiority complex to UND for years due to UND's wildly popular hockey team which has had players in the Olympics and NHL. Seven NCAA titles beating teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, Boston U and College. They've hosted the Frozen Four. NDSU has nothing that compares.
I know you meant Boston College, but the way you phrased that...this is all I could think of:

Oh yeah...and NDSU sucks.

Travis Bickford
MSU '95

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Thu May 09, 2013 10:21 am

KittieKop wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
Well now you are just making stuff up. In 2012 the Billings Costco (I used to work in the marketing department) sold almost 5 times as much Griz apparel as cat apparel. I don't know exact numbers but I know the Costco in Helena sells more Griz gear than cat gear. Mitchell Golf sells about 3 times as much Griz stuff as cat stuff. So while the cats may have caught up on the field I believe they are still behind when it comes to merchandise.

GO GRIZ!

kennethnoisewater

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu May 09, 2013 10:48 am

I bet you're right BDizzle, but I think that is catching up too. I coach high school basketball and track, and I've seen a huge jump in the amount of kids wearing Cat gear even over the last 2 years. It'll take some time before the 2 schools are even in that respect, but I do think it will happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SACCAT
Member # Retired

Post by SACCAT » Sat May 11, 2013 11:09 am

BDizzle wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
Well now you are just making stuff up. In 2012 the Billings Costco (I used to work in the marketing department) sold almost 5 times as much Griz apparel as cat apparel. I don't know exact numbers but I know the Costco in Helena sells more Griz gear than cat gear. Mitchell Golf sells about 3 times as much Griz stuff as cat stuff. So while the cats may have caught up on the field I believe they are still behind when it comes to merchandise.
So we judge how popular a team is by the amount of sales at a Costco? Then again never shop at Costco or Walmart.

KittieKop

Post by KittieKop » Sun May 12, 2013 7:09 pm

BDizzle wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
lakesbison wrote:
First, check your sarcasm detector - its broken. For once I was was only trying to make an absurd point to our NDSU troll.

Number 2, I have no doubt more griz stuff goes off the shelf - at least in those places that stock griz stuff at a 6-1 ratio to Cat stuff. The Helena Costco you reference only carries Cat stuff once in a blue moon. Its like a car dealer stocking 50 yellow cars and 2 blue ones, then being surprised they sell more yellow cars.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Mon May 27, 2013 7:39 pm

[cat_bracket] wrote:NDSU has had an inferiority complex to UND for years due to UND's wildly popular hockey team which has had players in the Olympics and NHL. Seven NCAA titles beating teams like Michigan State, Wisconsin, Boston U and College. They've hosted the Frozen Four. NDSU has nothing that compares.

Are you legally insane? this is the worst post ive ever seen. ZERO complex, TWO nationall football titles, 1 NCAA basketball big dance, 2 wins vs Top 20 basketball teams, 6 FBS wins , volleyball, soccer went to NCAA's, Softball team went to Super Regional's....... thats just all in the last 5 years. (und lost to a naia team in football, have 0 "big" wins in any sport at the d1 level.

NDSU has 2 NFL starters right now, 1 NFL head coach, 4 NFL asst coaches, and 6 NFL players on roster right now. buy a freakin clue, sold out every game at the fargodome 19000 before the season even starts. 35,000 fans at NDSU/MINNESOTA football games 3 teams and 20,000 fans twice to NATL championship.

NDSU .......champs
und ........chumps.

grizzh8r
Golden Bobcat

Post by grizzh8r » Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 pm

lakesbison wrote:

Are you legally insane? this is the worst post ive ever seen. ZERO complex, TWO nationall football titles, 1 NCAA basketball big dance, 2 wins vs Top 20 basketball teams, 6 FBS wins , volleyball, soccer went to NCAA's, Softball team went to Super Regional's....... thats just all in the last 5 years. (und lost to a naia team in football, have 0 "big" wins in any sport at the d1 level.

NDSU has 2 NFL starters right now, 1 NFL head coach, 4 NFL asst coaches, and 6 NFL players on roster right now. buy a freakin clue, sold out every game at the fargodome 19000 before the season even starts. 35,000 fans at NDSU/MINNESOTA football games 3 teams and 20,000 fans twice to NATL championship.

NDSU .......champs
und ........chumps.

Eric Curry STILL makes me sad.
94VegasCat wrote:Are you for real? That is just a plain ol dumb paragraph! You just nailed every note in the Full Reetard sing-a-long choir!!!
:rofl:

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm

:lol:

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Wed May 29, 2013 3:58 pm

dang right ill pound my chest..... i am 1000% factual in that post

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Wed May 29, 2013 4:03 pm

lakesbison wrote:dang right ill pound my chest..... i am 1000% factual in that post
fuzzy math from Fargo?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

Hell's Bells
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hell's Bells » Wed May 29, 2013 11:42 pm

lakesbison wrote:
Did Dmac steal your girlfriend?

This space for rent....

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:34 pm

NDSU still doesnt have an 11th game because of you chicken bleeps. grrr just had to ruin my rematch thread didnt ya!

griz since earl solo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by griz since earl solo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm

lakesbison wrote:NDSU still doesnt have an 11th game because of you chicken bleeps. grrr just had to ruin my rematch thread didnt ya!
hanging their heads in shame? :roll: I doubt it. Stuck in a sh!thole like fargo, n.d. would explain it more. I mean SH!THOLE... :yuck: