MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Lovethecats75
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by Lovethecats75 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:One more important reason this was a necessary move for MSU, that the sixth home game especially one the Thhursday before labor day weekend is huge for the Bozeman community. It will generate millions of dollars here in Bozeman between hotel occupancy, bars and reasturants and overall shopping. We could not schedule a Div II school on that Thursday because they are not allowed to play in August. This is the only way we could make it work. It was the right move for MSU!
Only 5 home games wouldn't be so bad in an 11 game season, but not in a 12 game season. That's yet yet another reason this move was made.
But for how long has MSU known it was a 12-game season and that a home game is good for local businesses? Did they just realize this a week ago?
Rare that I agree with a Griz fan on much...but on this point I do. Hopefully PF is locking down 2014 now. I think the buyout was lame. Mostly because it came so late. Now NDSU is scrambling to fill their schedule. Most folks understand s*%$# happens, but getting a late notice doesn't give the other party time to react. These contracts should have a longer notice to buyout or make it more expensive to buyout as you get closer to the game.
I could give you this point, but since both NDSU and MSU signed this agreement with a seemingly open buy-out clause, then shame on NDSU for signing it. People can blame MSU, Fields and Ash all they want, but they did nothing wrong. If people want to look at this in a sunshine-and-daisies sort of way, yeah, MSU left NDSU with a scheduling problem. MSU needed to do what was best for MSU, and I'm glad for that. Its not like we just decided we didn't want to play the Bison (regardless of what a couple posters believe). In the end, its NDSU's own damn fault for allowing a late buy out. Its not like they're a victim here - they walked away with $100,000 which, and since NDSU is the next coming of Christ to FCS football, should help easily draw someone else to Fargo to play them. The Bison will be fine.
+1,2,3,&4
And if the Griz had done the same thing, would you have the same opinion..... I doubt it.
I really don't care what the griz do with their schedule. Not sure why the griz fans give a crap about ours. Your AD needs to look out for what is best for your program and lately he has his hands full keeping kids out of trouble. PF needed to do what he needed to do to get 6 home games, and he broke no laws doing it.

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 am

Go Scats Go wrote:
Lovethecats75 wrote:
KittieKop wrote:
Catfanatic84 wrote:
tampa_griz wrote:
grizzh8r wrote:
bobcatbob wrote:One more important reason this was a necessary move for MSU, that the sixth home game especially one the Thhursday before labor day weekend is huge for the Bozeman community. It will generate millions of dollars here in Bozeman between hotel occupancy, bars and reasturants and overall shopping. We could not schedule a Div II school on that Thursday because they are not allowed to play in August. This is the only way we could make it work. It was the right move for MSU!
Only 5 home games wouldn't be so bad in an 11 game season, but not in a 12 game season. That's yet yet another reason this move was made.
But for how long has MSU known it was a 12-game season and that a home game is good for local businesses? Did they just realize this a week ago?
Rare that I agree with a Griz fan on much...but on this point I do. Hopefully PF is locking down 2014 now. I think the buyout was lame. Mostly because it came so late. Now NDSU is scrambling to fill their schedule. Most folks understand s*%$# happens, but getting a late notice doesn't give the other party time to react. These contracts should have a longer notice to buyout or make it more expensive to buyout as you get closer to the game.
I could give you this point, but since both NDSU and MSU signed this agreement with a seemingly open buy-out clause, then shame on NDSU for signing it. People can blame MSU, Fields and Ash all they want, but they did nothing wrong. If people want to look at this in a sunshine-and-daisies sort of way, yeah, MSU left NDSU with a scheduling problem. MSU needed to do what was best for MSU, and I'm glad for that. Its not like we just decided we didn't want to play the Bison (regardless of what a couple posters believe). In the end, its NDSU's own damn fault for allowing a late buy out. Its not like they're a victim here - they walked away with $100,000 which, and since NDSU is the next coming of Christ to FCS football, should help easily draw someone else to Fargo to play them. The Bison will be fine.
+1,2,3,&4
And if the Griz had done the same thing, would you have the same opinion..... I doubt it.
Unlike some, I could really care less what the griz do. Cancel your entire 2013 schedule, I don't care.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:49 pm

CHANGE I BE CHANGING THE TITLE ON THIS THREAD??

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:50 pm

:lol:

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 pm

CHANGE THE CHANGING CHANGES. CHANGED.

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

ABQCat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by ABQCat » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:45 am

CHANGED THE CHANGED THE CHANGED. F CHANGED MAN. CHANGED.

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:47 pm

gtfcat84
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by gtfcat84 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:23 pm

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'You can't ride home on a bowl of goat' - Ron White

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:57 pm

Ok Mods, how do I change this title, since MSU arent man enough to come take your spanking!

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:34 pm

I've got some bad news to report. I was in Williston for work last week all decked out in Cat Gear. Big mistake. MSU is getting no respect from the bison fans over there and I spent 10 days getting berated and called a pussy for backing out of the game in Fargo. Don't these idiots know that I had nothing to do with pulling out of our game with them? Gonna be a long year...

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Plainiac wrote:I've got some bad news to report. I was in Williston for work last week all decked out in Cat Gear. Big mistake. MSU is getting no respect from the bison fans over there and I spent 10 days getting berated and called a pussy for backing out of the game in Fargo. Don't these idiots know that I had nothing to do with pulling out of our game with them? Gonna be a long year...
Yeah. It's going to be tough not going to places like Williston and Mandan. :(

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Cat_gld
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by Cat_gld » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Plainiac wrote:I've got some bad news to report. I was in Williston for work last week all decked out in Cat Gear. Big mistake. MSU is getting no respect from the bison fans over there and I spent 10 days getting berated and called a pussy for backing out of the game in Fargo. Don't these idiots know that I had nothing to do with pulling out of our game with them? Gonna be a long year...
A long year for who? I don't know about yourself, but I think the Cats are primed for another great year. Who gives a rat's a$$ what anyone in Williston thinks anyway? Perhaps a dip-sh!t griz dressed in Cat gear!

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm just telling you guys what happened to me. I did us proud though. Every time I heard someone making disparaging remarks about the Cats I just snickered and yelled "First Down Bobcats!" while pawing at the air. That at least seemed to confuse them for a bit. Go Cats!

CatBlitz
Golden Bobcat

Post by CatBlitz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Plainiac wrote:I'm just telling you guys what happened to me. I did us proud though. Every time I heard someone making disparaging remarks about the Cats I just snickered and yelled "First Down Bobcats!" while pawing at the air. That at least seemed to confuse them for a bit. Go Cats!
My God you are stupid.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the griz blew a 22-0 lead.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm

Plainiac wrote:I'm just telling you guys what happened to me. I did us proud though. Every time I heard someone making disparaging remarks about the Cats I just snickered and yelled "First Down Bobcats!" while pawing at the air. That at least seemed to confuse them for a bit. Go Cats!
I gotta admit that was funny.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 pm

And how did you do us proud?

griz since earl solo
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by griz since earl solo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:43 am

CatBlitz wrote:
My God you are stupid.
WOW!! I actually agree with Blitz on something! :-$

allwetcat
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by allwetcat » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Cat_gld wrote:
A long year for who? I don't know about yourself, but I think the Cats are primed for another great year. Who gives a rat's a$$ what anyone in Williston thinks anyway? Perhaps a dip-sh!t griz dressed in Cat gear!
No one in Williston these days has lived in North Dakota for more than 2 months anyway - So don't sweat it

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 am

Yeah, I saw you there. I was the guy riding the unicorn. Why didn't you respond when I waved to you? You seemed WAY too obsessed with that hooker. I'm not judging, but dude, she just wasn't into you ... especially when you told her that all you had was two fiddy.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:
Yeah, I saw you there. I was the guy riding the unicorn. Why didn't you respond when I waved to you? You seemed WAY too obsessed with that hooker. I'm not judging, but dude, she just wasn't into you ... especially when you told her that all you had was two fiddy.
Bwahahahaha LOL