MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by lakesbison » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:49 pm

CatsRback wrote:Not to sound "off topic" but I've spent a lot of time in Dallas - this will be a FUN game. We should be able to get a good group of MSU fans there and the "Big D" is a great place to spend a weekend. No offense to our ND friends but if anyone wants advice on how/what/where to go in Dallas, please PM me.

CATsrBACK- oH Us NDSU fans know our way around Dallas and OWN that town, we've been there last 2 years in JANUARY.. but enjoy september, probably the only time you'll ever be there for a MSU game again.

grizhunter

Post by grizhunter » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 pm

lakesbison wrote:
CatsRback wrote:Not to sound "off topic" but I've spent a lot of time in Dallas - this will be a FUN game. We should be able to get a good group of MSU fans there and the "Big D" is a great place to spend a weekend. No offense to our ND friends but if anyone wants advice on how/what/where to go in Dallas, please PM me.

CATsrBACK- oH Us NDSU fans know our way around Dallas and OWN that town, we've been there last 2 years in JANUARY.. but enjoy september, probably the only time you'll ever be there for a MSU game again.
You Suck ](*,)

bobcatbob
Member # Retired

Post by bobcatbob » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:13 pm

lakesbison wrote:

Lakesbison, your a legend in your own mind. The only thing you own is your new found reputation of being the biggest whiner ever to post on this board!

mslacatfan
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacatfan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Plainiac wrote:you guys are so funny I forgot to laugh
YES!!!!!! the pic is awesome! I take back anything bad I have ever said about you! =D^ =D^ =D^

FTG- GO CATS GO!

Plainiac
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Plainiac » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Bison have won the last two NCs. We had a game lined up with them next September and, at the proverbial last minute, sucked our balls up into our bodies and turtled. For shame Peter Fields, For Shame!

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:24 pm

Plainiac wrote:Bison have won the last two NCs. We had a game lined up with them next September and, at the proverbial last minute, sucked our balls up into our bodies and turtled. For shame Peter Fields, For Shame!
i actually agree. wonder of there is truth to the rumors that this came from ash and not fields. all i know is that if we have to play ndsu in the playoffs, it's going to be nasty.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:29 pm

I welcome MSU and NDSU meeting in the playoffs. We are suited to their style much more than we are Sam Houston's style. NDSU will be the favorite but I'll never count out the Cardiac Cats (especially with Mchgee and an experienced offense all coming back this year). Win/Lose it would be a fun game to watch.

kyle_sample
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by kyle_sample » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Keep in mind Montana State only has 4 scheduled home games right now and those are all conference (NAU, UC Davis, Southern Utah and Montana). Even if they get a Thursday game on Aug. 29, they still need another home game to reach six games at Bobcat Stadium

catsack

Post by catsack » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:55 pm

TrueCat wrote:
griz5700 wrote:
goldencat wrote:It is a shame that we can't play the Bison this yearin the regular season. This change in going to Texas has a lot of upside for the Bobcat Football program.
We recruite very heavy in Texas. This is a little pay back to the players that have commited to MSU from Texas. Without these players we wouldn't be where we are today as atop 5 program in the FCS.
It is nice to take these kids back home to play. It also gives us the opportunity to have new possible recruits see MSU play in Texas.

We will get a shot at NDSU in 2013 but it will be with a lot more on the line than just braging rights.
Top 5 program??? Get real.

As a girz fan, you have PLENTY of other things to worry about besides this. griznation has a world of hurt coming.
Fill us in would really like to know your inside info on all the sanctions!

CatsRback
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by CatsRback » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:33 pm

lakesbison wrote:

Lakebison, first you don't "own" Dallas, not even close. I've lived in Dallas, you are less than important to Dallas than a flea's hair on a bison's ass...btw..I've also spent quite a lot of time in Fargo...you may "own" Fargo...probably because NO ONE else wants too.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Ask mayor mayo in frisco heck ask any bar owner in frisco 3rd base bar has NDSU flags hangin in it

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 am

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:I welcome MSU and NDSU meeting in the playoffs. We are suited to their style much more than we are Sam Houston's style. NDSU will be the favorite but I'll never count out the Cardiac Cats (especially with Mchgee and an experienced offense all coming back this year). Win/Lose it would be a fun game to watch.

What? Tell me more about what you said about the things.

This makes me laugh pretty hard. Let me guess, you go to 1 game a year...

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:17 am

CatsRback wrote:
lakesbison wrote:

Lakebison, first you don't "own" Dallas, not even close. I've lived in Dallas, you are less than important to Dallas than a flea's hair on a bison's ass...btw..I've also spent quite a lot of time in Fargo...you may "own" Fargo...probably because NO ONE else wants too.... :wink: :wink: :wink:
1984 is a damn near 2 decades now.....

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 am

lakesbison wrote:Ask mayor mayo in frisco heck ask any bar owner in frisco 3rd base bar has NDSU flags hangin in it

It's mayor Maso by the way....

word1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by word1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:21 am

word1 wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:I welcome MSU and NDSU meeting in the playoffs. We are suited to their style much more than we are Sam Houston's style. NDSU will be the favorite but I'll never count out the Cardiac Cats (especially with Mchgee and an experienced offense all coming back this year). Win/Lose it would be a fun game to watch.

I had to do it again....those cardiac cats that just never give up. Or those cardiac cats that do give up every year, over, and over, and over again. Is that what you meant by cardiac cats? They just keep giving up in the playoffs?

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 am

kyle_sample wrote:Keep in mind Montana State only has 4 scheduled home games right now and those are all conference (NAU, UC Davis, Southern Utah and Montana). Even if they get a Thursday game on Aug. 29, they still need another home game to reach six games at Bobcat Stadium
Technically true, but I'm reasonably certain MSU has one FCS and one DII team coming in. Those deals needed to wait for the NDSU deal to be bought out and the SMU deal to be confirmed. MSU was also asked by NDSU to not comment on anything until after the weekend, which is probably why you didn't see anything in Colter's story. Barring a last minute change, I expect a 12-game schedule to be released by early next week, if not sooner. One thing that hasn't been brought up is that MSU staying with the NDSU game might've made it impossible to get a FCS team into Bozeman in 2013. That would've meant MSU brought in two DII teams.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:55 am

word1 wrote:
word1 wrote:

I had to do it again....those cardiac cats that just never give up. Or those cardiac cats that do give up every year, over, and over, and over again. Is that what you meant by cardiac cats? They just keep giving up in the playoffs?
:yawn:

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:09 am

TomCat88 wrote:
kyle_sample wrote:Keep in mind Montana State only has 4 scheduled home games right now and those are all conference (NAU, UC Davis, Southern Utah and Montana). Even if they get a Thursday game on Aug. 29, they still need another home game to reach six games at Bobcat Stadium
Technically true, but I'm reasonably certain MSU has one FCS and one DII team coming in. Those deals needed to wait for the NDSU deal to be bought out and the SMU deal to be confirmed. MSU was also asked by NDSU to not comment on anything until after the weekend, which is probably why you didn't see anything in Colter's story. Barring a last minute change, I expect a 12-game schedule to be released by early next week, if not sooner. One thing that hasn't been brought up is that MSU staying with the NDSU game might've made it impossible to get a FCS team into Bozeman in 2013. That would've meant MSU brought in two DII teams.
That actually makes sense and if MSU would have articulated the decision process that is leading it down this path, it would not "damage the brand" as much as it has by appearing to cower away from an "elite" matchup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

KittieKop
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by KittieKop » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:36 am

ilovethecats wrote:
Plainiac wrote:Bison have won the last two NCs. We had a game lined up with them next September and, at the proverbial last minute, sucked our balls up into our bodies and turtled. For shame Peter Fields, For Shame!
i actually agree. wonder of there is truth to the rumors that this came from ash and not fields. all i know is that if we have to play ndsu in the playoffs, it's going to be nasty.
And how would have playing them in September made playing them in the playoffs any better or easier? I think the staff has a pretty good handle on what NDSU does and how they do it, without a September game in Fargo.

My .02: (1) Lakes is a tool. There's a reason he ends up banned on every message board he slithers onto. Wait for it. (2) MSU doesn't "owe" NDSU isht. I don't give a rat's rear end what lakes, WYO or Gene Thayer may think. Grow up. Get over it. (3) NDSU fans and AD are grumpy because their date for the prom just dumped them to go with a better looking girl. And I used the prom analogy because they're acting like whiny teenage bitches over the whole thing.
That is all.

"It was like a coordinated effort by the Missoulian and the police to bring UM Football program down..." eGriz 11/30/12

Now where did I leave my tinfoil hat?