MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Post by lakesbison » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Run run away.......I always loves that song!!

Texas am moves thier smu game

Smu picks up msu

NDSU calls smu offers less...NDSU fans already own dallas!!

tjbison
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by tjbison » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Was looking forward to this game, looks like the Montana legend of running away will hold yet again, I will now let lakes take over because I will agree with everything he has to say. What a joke and Dick move this late in the game for scheduling

But it was expected

tcbison
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by tcbison » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:52 pm

This is a bummer as I know some Montana State fans that were planning on coming. Other than Montana having to travel to UND last year for a conference game Montana teams refuse to travel to ND or SD as part of their agreements. I think that is really sad. Anyway, hope to see the Bobcats in the playoffs in Fargo.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:37 pm

I am bummed. :( Win or lose it would have fun for both teams to play. MSU must not want to play them until the finals this year :).

webdav
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by webdav » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm disappointed as well. Looked forward to this one.

bobcat99
Golden Bobcat

Post by bobcat99 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Can't say that I'm pleased about this one.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm

Very disappointing, I was looking forward to seeing MSU test themselves against the top FCS team in the country. But if the rumors that MSU will be playing SMU instead are true, I can see why MSU has made the switch. MSU played at Texas A&M in 2007, right when the big push to recruit in Texas was starting. Obviously that has worked out very well for MSU - if playing in College Station and the media exposure it got while down there helped in recruiting Texas players in the subsequent year or two (when MSU landed Owens, McGhee, Cunningham, Gilbert, etc), it makes sense to go down there again for a FBS game. Also, I assume that MSU is going to come out ahead financially even with the buyout.

BelgradeBobcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by BelgradeBobcat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 pm

I've got a bad feeling about this. Good luck getting any other FCS teams to commit to a home and home with us-unless we go there first. It just looks very very bad. We'll never hear the end of it.

I suppose we'd rather go to Texas twice than North Dakota twice because of the recruiting, but if we gave our word that should be be it. Bad Bad Bad.

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Montana State will likely buy out 2013 trip to North Dakota State
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=30057" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cat8191
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cat8191 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:55 pm

I hope this is just a rumor. There are a lot of good reasons to take SMU, but when you develop integrity to a marketable asset, you have to make the hard choices that maintain it.

hattonbison
New Recruit

Post by hattonbison » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:05 pm

This really smells bad!! Was looking forward to the ass kicking that was going to happen at the fargodome to the classy kitties. ****** move on msu part if true, looks like they are scared to play the BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!! Another name for a kitty cat is a pussy cat. Living up to it. Georgia Southern bought out our game a couple years ago and ended up at the dome for a playoff beatdown. Really hoping this happens to the pussy cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:18 pm

hattonbison wrote:This really smells bad!! Was looking forward to the ass kicking that was going to happen at the fargodome to the classy kitties. ****** move on msu part if true, looks like they are scared to play the BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!! Another name for a kitty cat is a pussy cat. Living up to it. Georgia Southern bought out our game a couple years ago and ended up at the dome for a playoff beatdown. Really hoping this happens to the pussy cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Classy first post.

Not crazy about the move either though.

NewEra

Post by NewEra » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:22 pm

hattonbison wrote:This really smells bad!! Was looking forward to the ass kicking that was going to happen at the fargodome to the classy kitties. ****** move on msu part if true, looks like they are scared to play the BACK 2 BACK CHAMPS!! Another name for a kitty cat is a pussy cat. Living up to it. Georgia Southern bought out our game a couple years ago and ended up at the dome for a playoff beatdown. Really hoping this happens to the pussy cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pussy cats..kitty cats, havn't heard that a million times :sleep: ....ha ha wow you are really going out on a limb with the namecalling on your first post....keep it classy :-D just know that every fan and player wanted nothing more than to go down to your dome and play you guys..its a money thing, and quite possibly a recruiting tool as well as we need to keep our niche in the texas pipeline. If its meant to be we'll see ya in the playoffs, till then, stop being a troll.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Well..playing NDSU in Denarius' senior year and also playing Stephen F Austin and Eastern Washington the road I can see that perhaps hopes of hosting any playoff games were iffy at best. If it weren't for the fact that it may be the last chance for awhile to be highly ranked, and having a very difficult away schedule we might play the game. Face it... no one in their right mind who has national asperations needs a non conference game against NDSU! Maybe a team who is a sleeper and who needs this game to get national exposure might want to take a shot at it...but we are in a real pickle either playing the game or backing out!

I suppose it's better to make the playoffs and maybe see them in a semi or final than play them earlier and get bumped out of contention. I feel kind of embarrassed too...but maybe it's like a retreat so that we can fight another day!

2024 Resume dominance

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Helcat72 wrote:Well..playing NDSU in Denarius' senior year and also playing Stephen F Austin and Eastern Washington the road I can see that perhaps hopes of hosting any playoff games were iffy at best. If it weren't for the fact that it may be the last chance for awhile to be highly ranked, and having a very difficult away schedule we might play the game. Face it... no one in their right mind who has national asperations needs a non conference game against NDSU! Maybe a team who is a sleeper and who needs this game to get national exposure might want to take a shot at it...but we are in a real pickle either playing the game or backing out!

I suppose it's better to make the playoffs and maybe see them in a semi or final than play them earlier and get bumped out of contention. I feel kind of embarrassed too...but maybe it's like a retreat so that we can fight another day!
I'm not sure if losing to SMU does the Bobcats any more good when it comes to playoff selection than losing to NDSU would...I'm guessing this is being done for purely financial and recruiting reasons.

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:41 pm

MSU01 wrote:
Helcat72 wrote:Well..playing NDSU in Denarius' senior year and also playing Stephen F Austin and Eastern Washington the road I can see that perhaps hopes of hosting any playoff games were iffy at best. If it weren't for the fact that it may be the last chance for awhile to be highly ranked, and having a very difficult away schedule we might play the game. Face it... no one in their right mind who has national asperations needs a non conference game against NDSU! Maybe a team who is a sleeper and who needs this game to get national exposure might want to take a shot at it...but we are in a real pickle either playing the game or backing out!

I'm not sure if losing to SMU does the Bobcats any more good when it comes to playoff selection than losing to NDSU would...I'm guessing this is being done for purely financial and recruiting reasons.
Lose did you say lose!! Get out of here.

codecat
Member # Retired

Post by codecat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:28 pm

NewEra wrote:

pussy cats..kitty cats, havn't heard that a million times :sleep: ....ha ha wow you are really going out on a limb with the namecalling on your first post....keep it classy :-D just know that every fan and player wanted nothing more than to go down to your dome and play you guys..its a money thing, and quite possibly a recruiting tool as well as we need to keep our niche in the texas pipeline. If its meant to be we'll see ya in the playoffs, till then, stop being a troll.
Yea, I'd guess that it had to do with both money and finalizing the schedule, and for sure all the fans I know were looking forward to this game in Fargo this year. I don't pay much attention to guys like hattonbison as he either isn't aware of the Georgia Southern game score this year, can't count, or is just pridefully delusional - that he would call a score of NDSU 23 - GA Southern 20 a "beatdown".

London Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down, London Bridge is falling down, Bye-Bye Fauci!

Lovethecats75

Post by Lovethecats75 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:32 pm

rebel wrote:Looking forward to the explanation for the change.
Explanation-ND would not guarantee enough tickets for all the Cat fans that wanted to go to the Game. Needed to move,to a larger stadium. Lets go rock it in Dallas!

the_hog
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by the_hog » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:38 pm

codecat wrote: I don't pay much attention to guys like hattonbison as he either isn't aware of the Georgia Southern game score this year, can't count, or is just pridefully delusional - that he would call a score of NDSU 23 - GA Southern 20 a "beatdown".

He wasnt talking about this years 23-20 playoff game win, he was talking about last years 35-7 beatdown of GSU in the dome. Know what you are talking about before you post.

Hope you guys come to Fargo in the playoffs this fall, cant wait for the beat down you are in for if you do. And lovethecats75, you gotta make it out of the quaterfinals before you can start talking about the Championship.

bozbobcat
Member # Retired

Post by bozbobcat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:46 pm

I think this move is going to hurt scheduling in the long run. This kind of thing will not make teams want to do a home-and-home contract knowing that we won't return it. We owed the trip to NDSU and by playing this game, we could have had some opportunities to have future matches with NDSU in both Fargo and Bozeman. This was a historic rival and I think both sides would have enjoyed it. I felt that instead of playing at Kansas State in 2008, we should have played at NDSU. It is already very difficult to put together six home games in a season and it really doesn't work if we burn bridges with the non-conference teams closest to us. If MSU wants to try and keep opportunities open for future games, offering a date in 2014 at NDSU seems very fair.

I can understand some of the business part of the decision (not taking 2 trips to North Dakota), but this doesn't seem right to me. I wanted to see the Cats play the Bison.

GO CATS!
It's always a good day to be a Bobcat fan! :) =D^ \:D/
My name is Steve, if you'd like to know.