Nothing but class in Missoula

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

rtb

Post by rtb » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:53 pm

Tweets from Ryan Fetherston

Well Ryan a few things:

-Has UM ever had a first or second round sellout?

-Why wouldn't this happen in Missoula? Does the community only step up to cover legal fees? They don't cover tickets for students? OR would this not happen because there is no football left to be played this year?

I am so proud of the way the guys at MSU represent MSU!!

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Nothing but class in Missoula

Post by LTown Cat » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:23 pm

Was he a senior? I thought they have a twitter ban...

WalkOn79
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by WalkOn79 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Coaching in Conrad now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

Mitch Brott - 2019 Cat / Griz

BDizzle
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by BDizzle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:37 am

A few points.

1. I agree Ryan made a pretty ridiculous post as it is tough to sell out the first round or two of playoffs. Looks like he, as well as most Griz fans, are a little bitter right now. :cry:

2. This thread is titled wrong as Ryan lives in Conrad now. :wink:

3. Don't be a hypocrit. Players for both teams, especially from the state of MT, usually have a hatred for the opposite team. They are usually raised that way and then they spend 4-5 years putting their blood, sweat, and tears on the line for either MSU or UM. That is what is so good about this rivalry. [-X

GO GRIZ!

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 am

Its hypocrite...................jus sayin

jus sayin.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

WeedKillinCat
Member # Retired

Post by WeedKillinCat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:56 am

OK...this kind of crap from griz folks pisses me off. Why can't they look at the whole picture? Granolaville has more than twice the population of Bozeman and with all of the towns that surround it, that makes it easier to sell more tickets to the games. I would bet to say that a majority of Bobcat fans travel to Bozeman to watch the games. This time of year makes it tough because of the weather and roads. I would go this weekend but I have prior plans. If we win, I will got to the next game.

1993 Agronomy
If You Want To Get To Heaven-----You Gotta Raise A Little Hell

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:15 am

BDizzle wrote:Don't be a hypocrit. Players for both teams, especially from the state of MT, usually have a hatred for the opposite team. They are usually raised that way and then they spend 4-5 years putting their blood, sweat, and tears on the line for either MSU or UM. That is what is so good about this rivalry. [-X
There is a difference in having hate for the rival and being a flat out arrogant a$$ hole when your current team is 5-6 and a week and a half into the off season. I love that people have passion in this rivalry, but the way one conducts themself on public is something I place a lot of value in.

The recent examples we seen from Gratton and Fetherston when contrasted with the recent examples we've seen from McGhee, Tray, Kirk and others is pretty much night and day difference. Now I know we have plenty of bad fans on both sides, but I just really like when people from MSU bring postitive light to MSU instead of being an angry ahole after your team gets beat.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

Cu-Ag-Au
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Cu-Ag-Au » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 am

Roads are bare and dry, weathers fine. Here's some population FACTS:

Bozeman is a city in and the county seat of Gallatin County, Montana, United States,[2] in the southwestern part of the state. The 2010 census put Bozeman's population at 37,280 making it the fourth largest city in the state.[3] It is the principal city of the Bozeman Micropolitan Statistical Area, consisting of all of Gallatin County with a population of 89,513.[4] It is the second largest Micropolitan Statistical Area in Montana and is the fourth largest of all of Montana’s statistical areas.[5][6]

The Missoula Metropolitan Statistical Area is located in the West-central portion of the state, the 2010 census put its population at 109,299 making it the 2nd largest metropolitan statistical area in Montana and the 331st largest in the nation between Decatur, Illinois and Bismarck, North Dakota.[1] As of July 1, 2011 Census estimates put the Missoula Metropolitan Area population at 110,138[2] making it only the second Metropolitan area in Montana to surpass 110,000 people.

Relative stadium sizes reflect the proportionate population: 20,247 vs 25,200. No excuses for not selling out. Its the playoffs, and there may not be a next week.

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:26 pm

Cu-Ag-Au wrote:Roads are bare and dry, weathers fine. Here's some population FACTS:

Bozeman is a city in and the county seat of Gallatin County, Montana, United States,[2] in the southwestern part of the state. The 2010 census put Bozeman's population at 37,280 making it the fourth largest city in the state.[3] It is the principal city of the Bozeman Micropolitan Statistical Area, consisting of all of Gallatin County with a population of 89,513.[4] It is the second largest Micropolitan Statistical Area in Montana and is the fourth largest of all of Montana’s statistical areas.[5][6]

The Missoula Metropolitan Statistical Area is located in the West-central portion of the state, the 2010 census put its population at 109,299 making it the 2nd largest metropolitan statistical area in Montana and the 331st largest in the nation between Decatur, Illinois and Bismarck, North Dakota.[1] As of July 1, 2011 Census estimates put the Missoula Metropolitan Area population at 110,138[2] making it only the second Metropolitan area in Montana to surpass 110,000 people.

Relative stadium sizes reflect the proportionate population: 20,247 vs 25,200. No excuses for not selling out. Its the playoffs, and there may not be a next week.
I don't disagree that we should sell out, but we haven't built our bandwagon base as well as the Griz have. Also the stadium capacity is only 17,777, which makes your argument even better.

Comeon Cat Fans!!!

Get your ---es to the game!!

"One of the greatest feelings in the world, moving someone from point A to point B against their will"

WalkOn79

Post by WalkOn79 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Based on recent playoff history I think all but the die-hards are taking a wait and see attitude this week. If the Cats win convincingly and Sammy is coming to town, we'll sell out in a hurry.

It all about building momentum and taking the next step. If the Cats do that it will be the hottest ticket in Montana.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:24 pm

WalkOn79 wrote:Based on recent playoff history I think all but the die-hards are taking a wait and see attitude this week. If the Cats win convincingly and Sammy is coming to town, we'll sell out in a hurry.

It all about building momentum and taking the next step. If the Cats do that it will be the hottest ticket in Montana.
I think it already is the hottest ticket in Montana, at this time.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:27 pm

allcat wrote:
WalkOn79 wrote:Based on recent playoff history I think all but the die-hards are taking a wait and see attitude this week. If the Cats win convincingly and Sammy is coming to town, we'll sell out in a hurry.

I think it already is the hottest ticket in Montana, at this time.
:-^

It's kind of the only one in MT...

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:30 pm

rtb wrote:
BDizzle wrote:Don't be a hypocrit. Players for both teams, especially from the state of MT, usually have a hatred for the opposite team. They are usually raised that way and then they spend 4-5 years putting their blood, sweat, and tears on the line for either MSU or UM. That is what is so good about this rivalry. [-X
There is a difference in having hate for the rival and being a flat out arrogant a$$ hole when your current team is 5-6 and a week and a half into the off season. I love that people have passion in this rivalry, but the way one conducts themself on public is something I place a lot of value in.

The recent examples we seen from Gratton and Fetherston when contrasted with the recent examples we've seen from McGhee, Tray, Kirk and others is pretty much night and day difference. Now I know we have plenty of bad fans on both sides, but I just really like when people from MSU bring postitive light to MSU instead of being an angry ahole after your team gets beat.
So you are picking 2 Montana born Griz players and comparing them to 3 cat players (2 of whom are from Texas)? That is a good sampling. :roll: An example of a not perfect cat player is Minter. I respect Minter and have actually had conversations with him but as I've stated before he had FTG on one of his twitter posts a while back. And don't tell me none of the players have said that. The point is, which we both agree upon, both schools/teams have players/fans that take the rivalry a little too seriously especially when its not even cat/Griz week. And both have people that take the rivalry seriously but respect both programs.

I think Ryan's post was pretty dumb since Wa-Griz Stadium will probably be empty this weekend. I think writing FTC on your arm is also very dumb. And I will be at the cat game this weekend. I'm honestly worried that the tides may be changing. The cats are running a great program and the Griz are just running. :shrug:

GO GRIZ!

BDizzle

Post by BDizzle » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:Its hypocrite...................jus sayin

jus sayin.
Geeze your so smart. :wink:

GO GRIZ!

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:37 pm

When a cat fan with an engineering degree says this stuff, it is a well thought out discussion. When a gritz fan with a dance degree says this type of stuff, it's over the top, shoot from the hip bull**it.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

allcat wrote:When a cat fan with an engineering degree says this stuff, it is a well thought out discussion. When a gritz fan with a dance degree says this type of stuff, it's over the top, shoot from the hip bull**it.

This post is complete and utter BS............Bdizzle doesnt HAVE a degree in dance you sawed off SOB!
Quit picking on the guy hes had a bad year.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
allcat wrote:When a cat fan with an engineering degree says this stuff, it is a well thought out discussion. When a gritz fan with a dance degree says this type of stuff, it's over the top, shoot from the hip bull**it.

This post is complete and utter BS............Bdizzle doesnt HAVE a degree in dance you sawed off SOB!
What do they call it "liberal arts"? And I may be fat, but I'm not THAT short.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:06 pm

allcat wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:

He has a Masters in B&E with a minor in animal husbandry...................

www.maroonblood.com

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:10 pm

AlphaGriz1 wrote:
allcat wrote:
AlphaGriz1 wrote:

He has a Masters in B&E with a minor in animal husbandry...................
Sorry, my mistake, and I will not get into a discussion about marriage.

rtb

Post by rtb » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:16 pm

BDizzle wrote:The point is, which we both agree upon, both schools/teams have players/fans that take the rivalry a little too seriously especially when its not even cat/Griz week. And both have people that take the rivalry seriously but respect both programs.

I think Ryan's post was pretty dumb since Wa-Griz Stadium will probably be empty this weekend. I think writing FTC on your arm is also very dumb. And I will be at the cat game this weekend. I'm honestly worried that the tides may be changing. The cats are running a great program and the Griz are just running. :shrug:
I agree that my sample size isn't statistically significant, but it is all that I have to go on from the last month. I never said Cat players are perfect and all Griz players are dumb. However, the way I have seen the MSU players conduct themselves vs the way I've seen UM players conduct themselves recently is pretty black and white opposites.

The other reason I even posted this to start was not only did this get tweeted, but it got retweeted by some of your less than stellar fans. One of which is someone that was being a pain in the ass here until I started following him on Twitter and then he quickly shut up here. That type of internet behavior makes me laugh and drives me crazy all at once.

Everything you said in the above quote is 100% right. Well all except the WaGriz empty part. I bet a least 100 of your fans show up not knowing there isn't a game. Those are the same fans that will ask who the QB is 5 games into the season. You know the real passionate "fans"? :)

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image