is your board down?? what the 11/17

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

lakesbison
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by lakesbison » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Sorry but the board is temporarily unavailable, please try again in a few minutes.

that's ALL I GET... what the hell Saturday night

lakesbison

Re: is your board down?? what the 11/17

Post by lakesbison » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:36 pm

same thing again today 11/18 whats the deal?

is it my new windows 8?

rtb

Post by rtb » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm

No, it's our board. We are seeing a lot of traffic yesterday and today and have recently added one of the only journalist writing exclusively for a team's message board so we have a little unplanned traffic lately.

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Ever since the last update and adding the stuff for colter the board has sucked (performance wise)

I know its Cat/griz week but it sucked in the middle of the night so I dont think it is all traffic

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 pm

Ok, I have to say something. When everything is free, I didn't think we really had room to complain, but now that some of us are paid subscribers, the servers need a serious upgrade. They need to be able to handle a lot more traffic than we are experiencing currently because the other media outlets do not compare in terms of coverage for the Cats. More people are drawn to this site and that trend is only going to continue. Upgrades please.

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:13 pm

LongTimeCatFan wrote:Ok, I have to say something. When everything is free, I didn't think we really had room to complain, but now that some of us are paid subscribers, the servers need a serious upgrade. They need to be able to handle a lot more traffic than we are experiencing currently because the other media outlets do not compare in terms of coverage for the Cats. More people are drawn to this site and that trend is only going to continue. Upgrades please.
I was waiting for this. Im curious as to the answer before I subscribe.

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:07 pm

im not mad at all, I thought it was my stupid windows 8..

but then I kept getting that message.

kudo's to you, congrats on the board stuff.

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 am

Kmax just made it so you cant log on here either Lakes.....................in fact this is an automated response. :lol:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com

rtb

Post by rtb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am

The great kmax has solved the problem we think! Things too slow now? :D

Randy B. - MSU '04 Image

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 am

LTown Cat wrote:
LongTimeCatFan wrote:Ok, I have to say something. When everything is free, I didn't think we really had room to complain, but now that some of us are paid subscribers, the servers need a serious upgrade. They need to be able to handle a lot more traffic than we are experiencing currently because the other media outlets do not compare in terms of coverage for the Cats. More people are drawn to this site and that trend is only going to continue. Upgrades please.
I was waiting for it too, doesn't mean it doesn't still sit a bit rough with me. For those of you who aren't aware still I've spent the better part of the last two weeks implementing all of this. I've been working to try and find the right combination to make this all work. For the record we are not doing this to get rich...or really even make much of anything after the expense of running the place. Some of you told us our original price point for subscriptions was too high, so we dropped it down to the bare minimum. Upgrades cost quite a bit, so we do what my great MSU education has taught me...keep working to do more with less. You all should find things going much better today, so enjoy. And for any of you that feel it isn't worth it and want a refund, just ask I'm happy to refund your money.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

LTown Cat
Golden Bobcat

Post by LTown Cat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:49 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
I was waiting for it too, doesn't mean it doesn't still sit a bit rough with me. For those of you who aren't aware still I've spent the better part of the last two weeks implementing all of this. I've been working to try and find the right combination to make this all work. For the record we are not doing this to get rich...or really even make much of anything after the expense of running the place. Some of you told us our original price point for subscriptions was too high, so we dropped it down to the bare minimum. Upgrades cost quite a bit, so we do what my great MSU education has taught me...keep working to do more with less. You all should find things going much better today, so enjoy. And for any of you that feel it isn't worth it and want a refund, just ask I'm happy to refund your money.
Like I said--I was waiting for someone to complain and was QUIETLY waiting for it prior to subscribing. What I'm hearing is exactly what I want to hear. You'll have my subscription today or tomorrow. FWIW--I thought the $12 was okay.

All I wanted to hear is that the share you guys are keeping would go at least partially towards fixing some of the problems on the board. Sounds like it is so we're good. I wouldn't have ever asked for a refund, but it is very frustrating when you have to wait to read the board--even more so if you are paying. And yes, I would imagine KMAX, RTB, and BAC would be just as frustrated as anyone with it, if not more so. Thanks.

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:56 am

kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
I have been pretty pleased with the board, but Cat gritz week always slows way down. I have offered to help with upgrades and we have been told repeatedly that BN has plenty of money. I really do appreciate all of the work that you do to try and keep this going. The only thing that I would like to see is if BN needs upgrades, ask. I will gladly contribute something to help get the equipment needed to run smoothly. I have enjoyed teasing you about being a rich media mogul, this is all that is, teasing. I am ignorant as to the work it takes to maintain this board so please excuse my impatience. By the way the board keeps making me log in about 20% of the time this week, is that part of the adjustments that you have been making, or just an annoiance?

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:59 am

rtb wrote:The great kmax has solved the problem we think! Things too slow now? :D
I came back to this thread because I noticed that it was better this morning, thanks

I know what it's like solving some of these kinds of issues is like finding a needle in a haystack

PlayerRep wrote:The point is not the record of the teams UM beat, it's the quality and record of the teams UM almost beat.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:12 pm

allcat wrote:
kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
I have been pretty pleased with the board, but Cat gritz week always slows way down. I have offered to help with upgrades and we have been told repeatedly that BN has plenty of money. I really do appreciate all of the work that you do to try and keep this going. The only thing that I would like to see is if BN needs upgrades, ask. I will gladly contribute something to help get the equipment needed to run smoothly. I have enjoyed teasing you about being a rich media mogul, this is all that is, teasing. I am ignorant as to the work it takes to maintain this board so please excuse my impatience. By the way the board keeps making me log in about 20% of the time this week, is that part of the adjustments that you have been making, or just an annoiance?
I know some have offered to give money for upgrades, call me an old-fashioned prideful guy but I struggle with taking handouts without giving anything of value. I know some of you just want to help, but the reality is that 95% of the time we are fine. The regular cost increase we would incur to upgrade to handle that remaining 5% is just to prohibitive to make worthwhile, I'm not going to just throw people's money away. We quadrupled our capacity going into this year which greatly increased our costs, but yes we still had plenty to cover that so we didn't need anything. Had we not two weeks ago decided to add an entirely new section to the site to bring you Colter's content this upgrade would have been more than enough and you wouldn't have noticed a single issue. As I have said, (knock on wood) I have found a resolution to the performance problems. As LTownCat said, trust me if you thought you were frustrated I was at least double that.

As to your question about getting logged out, that annoyance was brought about due to addition and integration of the blog with the message boards. Now that we have the other issues handled for performance figuring that out is my next task.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

allcat
Golden Bobcat

Post by allcat » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm

kmax wrote:
allcat wrote:
kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:
I know some have offered to give money for upgrades, call me an old-fashioned prideful guy but I struggle with taking handouts without giving anything of value. I know some of you just want to help, but the reality is that 95% of the time we are fine. The regular cost increase we would incur to upgrade to handle that remaining 5% is just to prohibitive to make worthwhile, I'm not going to just throw people's money away. We quadrupled our capacity going into this year which greatly increased our costs, but yes we still had plenty to cover that so we didn't need anything. Had we not two weeks ago decided to add an entirely new section to the site to bring you Colter's content this upgrade would have been more than enough and you wouldn't have noticed a single issue. As I have said, (knock on wood) I have found a resolution to the performance problems. As LTownCat said, trust me if you thought you were frustrated I was at least double that.

As to your question about getting logged out, that annoyance was brought about due to addition and integration of the blog with the message boards. Now that we have the other issues handled for performance figuring that out is my next task.
For what it is worth, the speed of the board right now is fantastic, thanks for your efforts.

Geezer. Part Bionic,. Part Iconic

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 pm

allcat wrote:
kmax wrote:
allcat wrote:
kmax wrote:
LTown Cat wrote:

For what it is worth, the speed of the board right now is fantastic, thanks for your efforts.
You are all very welcome, extremely glad things are going so smoothly now.

LongTimeCatFan
Golden Bobcat

Post by LongTimeCatFan » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Thanks KMAX. I wasn't asking for a refund and I realize you're having some frustration with the addition. I was just a customer venting. Thanks for the fix.

lakesbison

Post by lakesbison » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 pm

woo hoo. sorry to open up pandora's box here. i kept getting that message.

then alphagriz threw me off, I usually listen to him.

cats2506
Golden Bobcat

Post by cats2506 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:22 pm

lakesbison wrote:woo hoo. sorry to open up pandora's box here. i kept getting that message.

then alphagriz threw me off, I usually listen to him.
alpha's only reliable when hes drinking

AlphaGriz1
Golden Bobcat

Post by AlphaGriz1 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 am

So....most of the time..............

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
www.maroonblood.com
www.championshipsubdivision.com