O'Brien non sequitur

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 11:06 am

Bareback: Those first two edits helped a lot. It's making much more sense as you continue to work on it. Good progress. Just clean up the second paragraph a little bit. It still doesn't really make sense. What does it mean for a coach to lose his "spots?" Reword that section to more clearly make your point, and I think we will have a winner of a post.

This is so cool. There's tangible improvement taking place!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu May 20, 2004 11:31 am

I think I speak for everyone here when I say...."HUH?"

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 11:32 am

Ahhh, okay. So you were trying to use a metaphor in there. Very good, although maybe a bit advanced, stuff. You just have to be careful to word it correctly. That makes sense to me now with your subsequent post. You meant to say "changing his spots" instead of "losing his spots." When you step up into the nonliteral realm of writing, the wording becomes all the more important.

We just need to keep working on this, and eventually it will all come together. We are all about debating points on these boards, but we will never be able to do that until we can understand exactly what point a person is trying to make. Come next football season, I am hoping that every post you make is sharp enough that we will all know exactly what point it is you are trying to make, so that we can then carry on the rebuttal portion of the conversation. Historically, you just confuse the hell out of everyone, and we don't even know how to respond. We're pretty sure that there is a nonsensical point trying to be made somewhere in the jumble of words, but we can never figure out exactly what it is.

Keep up the progress -- I'm proud of you, man.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 11:56 am

Maybe BearBAC was so upset over the O'Brien thing that his thoughts and typing weren't mirrored. Nonetheless, O'Brien is the topic. So Cat fans, rather than bash BearBAC, let's hear the excuses as to why O'Brien is the victim. Why he is such a good guy in the wrong place at the wrong time. How great a coach he is and all charges against him are bogus. Then somewhere in your rebuttel, change the subject to the budget woes at UM, totally oblivious to the ones in Bozeman. Then you can finish it with a "oh yeah, well we've won the last two football games!"

O'Brien is scum and deserves a nice long jail term. Now, go ahead and start defending him.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 12:02 pm

CTOWM: Interesting. Have you seen any MSU fan defend O'Brien in here? In fact, I have noticed the exact opposite. Talk about setting up a straw man argument....

As for the allegations that I have been "bashing" on bb, that is simply not the truth. I am sure that you, along with everyone else who reads these posts, will greatly benefit the day that I have been able to help bb reach his full potential as a bulletin board poster by having the ability to make his arguments and express his ideas in a clear and cogent manner, free from confusion by all parties. My methods alternate between the 80's after school special "toughlove" variety and those of classical positive reinforcement. In the end, however, I hope to be able to present to you a poster whose ideas and opinions go directly from brain to screen without setting off a literary La Cucuracha in the minds of the readers.

This is a public service on my part, and I am taking it very seriously. The system has failed, and in my world, I can not bear to see one child/bear left behind. Whether it is a thread about O'Brien or "Chalabi: U.S. pawn turned fall guy or opportunist getting his just due," I will be there, trying to help the cause. This is a noble task, and in the end, will benefit not only each of us, but the world.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu May 20, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Thu May 20, 2004 12:31 pm

Absolutely too much BAC! As they say on the Internet LMAO!

2024 Resume dominance

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 1:16 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:CTOWM: Interesting. Have you seen any MSU fan defend O'Brien in here?
No, but that's how all the arguements go...if it's a black eye on the Cat's/Griz, someone will find a way to make it better than it is.

As far as your "public service" on BearBAC's behalf, you've got to be kidding me. Please tell me you're joking. If not, this proves your arrogance. What makes you assume he wants your help? Was there a private message sent that we don't know about? I thought this was a thread on O'Brien. Instead, we readers have to read your egotism, teaching someone your "methods". In turn, making this a better world...puke :mrgreen:

I'd rather listen to someone speaking their mind, than to someone speaking it for them.

Ok, now let's hear how wrong I am, how right you are, blah blah blah

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 1:24 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote: This is a public service on my part, and I am taking it very seriously. The system has failed, and in my world...
Let me ask...in this "world" of yours, is it an extreme liberal world? Where anything goes? Men should marry men, wives should be plentiful, and rules are always a "gray" area?

Or, are you the tight conservative where school kids should all wear the same outfit and the poor should only benefit from the rich?

Either way, I would hate to a part of your high and mighty society. I think I have a problem with you. Maybe you could help me out with my anger. What am I thinking...I'm sure you've already thought of that with a plan on the way. :shock:

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 1:37 pm

CTOWM: What's funny is that you are wasting so much emotion getting mad at me for facilitating the development of a guy who you wouldn't be able to tolerate were he not on "your team." I actually think it's funny when you guys crucify the occasional inept Cat poster on Griz boards.

And I'm not teaching bb my "methods." You misread my post (that happens). Rather, I'm using two methods (toughlove and positive reinforcement) to allow him to find his own way towards becoming a better communicator. Liberal or conservative, gay or straight (since you brought that up), Cat or Griz, being able to post with clarity is a positive for everyone. Climb on board with me, CTOWM, and let's kumbaya our way to a "happy, happy, joy, joy" world for all of the mascot affiliated sports posters of the world.

Sometimes, people don't need ask for help. You can tell when people are indirectly putting out the "cry for help." To ignore those cries is the cruelest thing any of us could ever do.
Last edited by SonomaCat on Thu May 20, 2004 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 2:11 pm

CTOWM: You finally said one thing I agree with you about in the 100s of posts you have made on a Bobcat board. That was: "O'Brien is scum and deserves a nice long jail term." The rest of your post saying that Cat fans will find an excuse for OB is assinine . i do not remember even one Cat fan excusing OB. Most of us are more upset than the average MT citizen because of what he has also done to the school and athletics program. His actions were (are) inexcusable on all types of fronts and we all hope that he is punished according to the law after a fair trial. OB was a gifted coach and that does sadden a few of us because he really threw a promising career away big time. But that sadness does not mean we excuse him.

I guess if you were just trying to get a rise out of some of us, you accomplished that. Either way, you need to grow up a bit.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu May 20, 2004 2:55 pm

bearBAC wrote:Wasn't their something about a leapord changing his spots .......

Character doesn't change.................

When someones hired to be a hitman and specializes in a silenced 22, are you going to expect he'll come after you with a knife ?
Hi Bareback! :) We are trying to help you here. This entire post is a little bit confusing, but it's getting better, and don't you dare get discouraged and give up! :D One tricky little trap you fell into was the common, they're\their\there problem. The dang words sound exactly the same, but the little buggers all have different meanings! :?: My 6 year old is really struggling with this one right now. It just takes a little time to figure it out and apply it in real-life communication. :P Here is one little example that you can practice with and at some point you may actually become advanced enough to use all three words in the same sentence! :shock: Here it goes:

Next fall, the Grizzlies will probably again get their asses kicked by the Bobcats because they're overconfident due to the 1A star transfers joining the team, and I intend to be there to watch it.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu May 20, 2004 3:00 pm

Personally, I find no defense of O'Brien to be reasonable. This was not a guy just making a mistake in judgment (ie-DUI for Griz asst bb coach) or saying something inflamatory in the press (ie-Bobby H). This was a guy who used his position at MSU to pursue his "moonlighting" career as a drug dealer...

I hope he does some serious time... :evil:

Here's another example to help you out: The bobcats had to let their assistant coach go because he is a drug deal. They're trying to bury the entire story by making excuses for him and claiming there was a conspiracy to set him up... :D
Last edited by Bozgriz on Thu May 20, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 4:04 pm

BAC, you kill me. No matter what I say, you won't see the arrogance in your statements. But imagine this...you're out on the links, and you're not hitting the ball terribly well. Some guy comes out of the bushes and starts telling you (without asking) how to improve your game. Let's also say that he's arrogant and making you feel like you don't even deserve to be there. How would you feel? Happy, happy, joy, joy??

HelenaCat, I've only posted around 40 times, not 100's. As far as growing up, I'll grow up right after you bend over and kiss my hairy A$$. How's that for grown up, Gov?

You Cat fans sure get cocky when your football team beats the Griz. Other than beating the Griz 2 times out of the past 18, what have they accomplished as a team? Griz fans, can you tell me why the Cat fans have become so cocky? what's their reason?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 4:06 pm

CTOWM: You really aren't as immune to sarcasm as you are trying to appear to be, are you?

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 4:33 pm

Bay Area Cat wrote:This is a public service on my part, and I am taking it very seriously.
This doesn't sound like sarcasm, and I would know, I'm the king of sarcasm. As a matter of fact, I'm the best in the world at it. :?

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Thu May 20, 2004 4:41 pm

CTOWM: Now I know why we have the emoticons... although I can't bring myself to call out sarcasm quite so obviously. I think most everybody else probably picked up on it right away.

I guess I should just stick with rote Cat/Griz digs and funny graphics to make my points, as is the less subtle way of playing this game.

And, as we both know, I am clearly the second best person at the use of sarcasm in the world.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu May 20, 2004 4:50 pm

BAC, you're the best. I hope some day my kids grow up to be just like you.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu May 20, 2004 4:58 pm

Bozgriz wrote:Personally, I find no defense of O'Brien to be reasonable. This was not a guy just making a mistake in judgment (ie-DUI for Griz asst bb coach) or saying something inflamatory in the press (ie-Bobby H). This was a guy who used his position at MSU to pursue his "moonlighting" career as a drug dealer...

I hope he does some serious time... :evil:

Here's another example to help you out: The bobcats had to let their assistant coach go because he is a drug deal. They're trying to bury the entire story by making excuses for him and claiming there was a conspiracy to set him up... :D
There you go, Boz! :) You're doing great! That's two sentences but you're very close. Just try to get that condensed into one sentence for practice purposes, and clean up the minor errors, for example calling O'brien a drug deal. He might be a drug dealer, but I don't think he, as a person is the actual drug deal itself! :lol: Man, I love this stuff. It's so rewarding as an instructor to see your pupils improving so much in such a short amount of time. You little Grizzlettes are so fun to work with! :)
Last edited by catatac on Thu May 20, 2004 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!