I confess this about the Cats ...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Griznationalist
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

I confess this about the Cats ...

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:06 pm

The Cats and the Griz are far better than their opponents' fans are ever willing to admit. The drunk chick behind me in Section 110 kept screaming "Fu##ing a$$holes" at the Griz, and two Cat fans in front of me kept trying to pick a fight with a skinny kid in a Griz hat, and I couldn't see or hear any Cat fans around me clap for the Griz player who had to be helped off the field (but I applauded along with them each time number 98 in blue had to be helped off the field). I don't hold Cat fans against the Cats. I confess that I think the Cats are better situated for the post-season than the Griz because the Cats should be pissed after today. Western Oregon University would have beaten the team that lost today in Bozeman. I fear the Griz pissed off a sleeping giant today. We'll see.

crackgina
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: I confess this about the Cats ...

Post by crackgina » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:13 pm

Sounds like you got to see what most Cat fans are like. Sad commentary. Hope they do well in the playoffs until they meet us.

webdav

Post by webdav » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Picking a small sample and painting all fans that way is pretty narrow-minded.

Can I judge the class of all Griz fans based on the drunk jerks in homemade "I EAT PU55Y!" shirts trying to pick a fight with anyone in blue and gold that walked passed them? (Well, anyone smaller than them. I'm 6'2" and they didn't bother me.)

Everyone around me was concerned about the Griz who looked like he had a knee injury as much as they were concerned about the injured Cats. None of us want injured kids.

And everyone around me was VERY concerned about the fellow on the Griz sideline who got run into near the end of the game. I even saw a couple people say prayers when they saw the stretcher.

Most of the Griz fans around us got good-natured ribbing and gave it right back. Stuff like "Who invites that guy" as a fan got bolder in his support as the score got out of hand was the worst I heard.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:51 pm

When I said above that the Cats and Griz are better than their opponents' fans are willing to admit, I could have added that both programs' fans are better than either side thinks. You are right that the obnoxious fans I saw were a small minority (but I somehow landed in the middle of them!). Similarly, I have seen Griz fans who disgust and embarrass me with their behavior. I know this isn't realistic, but I'd love to see both programs cull their worst fans so the stadiums on Cat-Griz day would be full of a bunch friendly, courteous, but highly competitive Montanans from all corners of the state.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:09 pm

the fellow on the Griz sideline who got run into near the end of the game
Any word on how that guy is doing? He's in our prayers.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 pm

GrizinWashington wrote:
Post in another forum says he eventually got up and seemed ok. That was pretty scary since he had no chance to protect himself as he fell.

GrizinWashington
Golden Bobcat

Post by GrizinWashington » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks 01. I hadn't seen that, but it's great to hear.

We're all here 'cause we ain't all there.

Bobcat4Life
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Bobcat4Life » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:51 am

The TV announcers at the end of the game said he walked off under his own power. Got shaken up pretty good from the fall and didn't have a chance to do anything to break his fall on the way down. Glad to hear he is okay.

I have to wonder though, maybe I'm just more in tune to the games these days, but it seems like there has been a lot more injuries of coaches and sideline personnel this year than I've ever noticed before. Does anyone think the rules committee's at the conference or NCAA level will make some sort of rule about having not allowing non-essential people on the sidelines? Or moving them farther back from the edge of the field?

MSUcardshark
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUcardshark » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:41 am

On the topic of fans, what do people expect when they go into a crowd of the other team's fans and yell some dumb comment that they know will piss off a good majority of that crowd? If you think that this is an intelligent idea then by all means I think you get what you deserve.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:19 am

MSU01 wrote:
GrizinWashington wrote:
Post in another forum says he eventually got up and seemed ok. That was pretty scary since he had no chance to protect himself as he fell.
I sure hope this person went to the hospital and got checked out. Too many stories of people banging their head, then not waking up the next day.

MSU - 15 team National Champions (most recent 2021); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Savage
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Savage » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:41 am

webdav wrote:Picking a small sample and painting all fans that way is pretty narrow-minded.

Can I judge the class of all Griz fans based on the drunk jerks in homemade "I EAT PU55Y!" shirts trying to pick a fight with anyone in blue and gold that walked passed them? (Well, anyone smaller than them. I'm 6'2" and they didn't bother me.)

Everyone around me was concerned about the Griz who looked like he had a knee injury as much as they were concerned about the injured Cats. None of us want injured kids.

And everyone around me was VERY concerned about the fellow on the Griz sideline who got run into near the end of the game. I even saw a couple people say prayers when they saw the stretcher.

Most of the Griz fans around us got good-natured ribbing and gave it right back. Stuff like "Who invites that guy" as a fan got bolder in his support as the score got out of hand was the worst I heard.
Why does every one insist on calling these YOUNG MEN kids? They ARE young men and men are supposed to be able to hack it. I don't want injuries either but these men are old enough to fight in wars and many younger than these men have died and been severely wounded in battle, many are old enough to drink, they at ALL able to vote. They are MEN not kids.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:50 am

MSUcardshark wrote:On the topic of fans, what do people expect when they go into a crowd of the other team's fans and yell some dumb comment that they know will piss off a good majority of that crowd? If you think that this is an intelligent idea then by all means I think you get what you deserve.
Cardshark, I'm talking about the MSU fans I saw yesterday in Section 110 who were acting boorishly and ignorantly without any encouragement or provocation from UM fans. Fortunately, they were a minority, but if you don't think they exist, you're fooling yourself. I am the first to admit there's a small crop of the same brand of idiots who wear maroon at home games in Missoula. That's what I'm talking about. To the vast majority of Cat fans, I tip my cap and say thank you for hosting yesterday's event in a beautiful, impressive stadium in the picturesque Montana setting of the Gallatin Valley. There's more right with this rivalry than there is wrong with it.

MSUcardshark
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by MSUcardshark » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 am

Griznationalist wrote:
MSUcardshark wrote:On the topic of fans, what do people expect when they go into a crowd of the other team's fans and yell some dumb comment that they know will piss off a good majority of that crowd? If you think that this is an intelligent idea then by all means I think you get what you deserve.
Cardshark, I'm talking about the MSU fans I saw yesterday in Section 110 who were acting boorishly and ignorantly without any encouragement or provocation from UM fans. Fortunately, they were a minority, but if you don't think they exist, you're fooling yourself. I am the first to admit there's a small crop of the same brand of idiots who wear maroon at home games in Missoula. That's what I'm talking about. To the vast majority of Cat fans, I tip my cap and say thank you for hosting yesterday's event in a beautiful, impressive stadium in the picturesque Montana setting of the Gallatin Valley. There's more right with this rivalry than there is wrong with it.
I don't think what I wrote clearly expressed what I meant. I wasn't referring to sitting in a section with the opposing team's fans, I meant more so in the outside areas such as concessions or tailgates when somebody goes around just yelling crap with the intent of starting something. I know that MSU also has its share of fans who could care less about watching the game, they just want to get drunk and try to start a fight. It's sad those seats aren't filled with people who actually follow the team and want to watch the game.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 am

I agree with you, Cardshark. One of the posts in either this or another thread said there were two Griz fans wearing shirts that said "I eat Pu55y." I take the witness at his word. Those two Griz fans were idiots who embarrass me as a Griz fan. I would rather sit between two typical Cat fans any day than between these two atypical Griz fans. There are fans on both sides of the divide (in blue and in maroon) who make a guy not want to bring his kids to the Cat-Griz game.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:52 am

Griznationalist wrote:I agree with you, Cardshark. One of the posts in either this or another thread said there were two Griz fans wearing shirts that said "I eat Pu55y." I take the witness at his word. Those two Griz fans were idiots who embarrass me as a Griz fan. I would rather sit between two typical Cat fans any day than between these two atypical Griz fans. There are fans on both sides of the divide (in blue and in maroon) who make a guy not want to bring his kids to the Cat-Griz game.
Yep, I would say the Cat/Griz game has an R rating no matter if it is Bozeman or Missoula.

Griznationalist

Post by Griznationalist » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:07 pm

... and, back to my main point ...

I wanted to escape with a low-key win yesterday. Instead, I think all the Griz did was piss the Cats off, and I'm not sure that bodes well for the Cats' early post-season opponents.

bobcatgrad98
New Recruit

Post by bobcatgrad98 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:13 pm

I don't even have to go to a game in Missolua to get heckled by a griz fan. There is a lot of hate that I have felt from the griz over the years. All that hate over the years has only made me love the Cats that much more.

Go CATS!

Go Scats Go
Member # Retired

Post by Go Scats Go » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Griz Nationalist... You are fighting a losing battle.

Kittie fans have always been rediculas with the way they act. But you will never get them to say that. I went to every griz/cat game from 1981 to 2000, and having assholes around at msu was the norm not the exception.

Both teams have terrible fans, but kat fans take it to a new level. What they dont understand is that there is alot of fun to be had with a good ribbing... kat fans dont know what that means. Give each other crap during the game and then buy each other a beer after the game, its what college football should be.

When is the last time you say a sign on a business in Missoula that said "F off cat fans"? Like the ones that are previlant in bozeman.

Enough said...

CelticCat wrote:Well it's because the Griz are the only program in Montana of course.

ImagineSanta

Post by ImagineSanta » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Go Scats Go wrote:Griz Nationalist... You are fighting a losing battle.

Kittie fans have always been rediculas with the way they act. But you will never get them to say that. I went to every griz/cat game from 1981 to 2000, and having assholes around at msu was the norm not the exception.

Both teams have terrible fans, but kat fans take it to a new level. What they dont understand is that there is alot of fun to be had with a good ribbing... kat fans dont know what that means. Give each other crap during the game and then buy each other a beer after the game, its what college football should be.

When is the last time you say a sign on a business in Missoula that said "F off cat fans"? Like the ones that are previlant in bozeman.

Enough said...
You degrade our team and expect us to take the high road because you are to big of a d-bag to do the same. You cry, bitch, and moan about how we hurt your feelings and then call us "kitties," "pussies," and "scats." The irony of your posting is enormous.
How about a tall, tasty glass of STFU:

I think you don't get it. Sleeping in until 6 won't get many people very far in life, especially if they want to play on Sunday.
-Cat Grad

bobcatgrad98
New Recruit

Post by bobcatgrad98 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:45 pm

ImagineSanta wrote:
Go Scats Go wrote:Griz Nationalist... You are fighting a losing battle.

Enough said...
You degrade our team and expect us to take the high road because you are to big of a d-bag to do the same. You cry, bitch, and moan about how we hurt your feelings and then call us "kitties," "pussies," and "scats." The irony of your posting is enormous.
How about a tall, tasty glass of STFU:

Awesome post. =D^