Is it smack or rumor? Griz schtuff.

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Is it smack or rumor? Griz schtuff.

Post by mslacat » Mon May 10, 2004 9:09 am

What do you think of when you hear the names, Seamus Malloy, Steve Lebsock, Talmage, and Heidelberger!? Do you think of talented Griz player? Do you think of players that should not be playing D-1aa bal? Seamus Malloy will be playing at Carroll next year. Talmage, and Heidelberger have now been told there expendable because of d-1a transfers and Lebsock will not be offered a scholarship for next year. All are not happy!

PS old wise and ever present board moderators is this the right place for a post like this.

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Mon May 10, 2004 10:27 am

Msla, I would have to say that yes, this sounds like the right place...just because I have a feeling it will turned to smack even though not necessarily intended that way.

As to the players, are these the ones the someone was reporting on UGMB late last week? I never did see any names listed so I wasn't sure who they were talking about. If indeed these players are gone, or at least being told they aren't needed, it is too bad, but it does happen. I am kind of surprised to see Talmage and Heidelberger on the list however.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Mon May 10, 2004 10:41 am

I do not know if these are the players that were talked about on the Griz board because I got my info from someone else. I hear there is one more "reconizable" player who was told like these guys that if "they wanted to transfer Hauck would not stand in their way." As we have all talked about before this type of thing happens, but the way it is going down I guess is not helping things a lot.

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Tue May 11, 2004 8:14 am

It's now official that Seamus Molloy is to transfer

http://www.helenair.com/articles/2004/0 ... 104_02.txt

iaafan
Golden Bobcat

Post by iaafan » Tue May 11, 2004 7:54 pm

I think Kyler Noel was in that group, but has decided to stick it out. He could still turn into a player for UM. Although he's listed as a starter LB Shane McIntyre may be feeling miffed a bit because Utterback is drawing all kinds of praise from the UM coaches. Seems he's a workout warrior and who wouldn't like that? Plus he's got the #37, which McIntyre has to be wondering about, too.
I don't understand why they do that with #37, it just has to rub most of the players the wrong way.
Also heard Disney is feeling unwanted. I have to think that this kind of thing is going on everywhere with new coaches, but is being magnified a bit because of all the problems at UM.
According to the egriz room, Vernon Smith is in trouble again and may be off the team. I haven't seen anything in the papers yet about it though. He would be a loss for UM, but they seem to have some depth in the secondary.

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 pm

iaafan wrote:Vernon Smith is in trouble again and may be off the team...He would be a loss for UM...
Huh?? :shock:
Why would a punk that gets in trouble every other week be a loss?? He's clearly a distraction, no matter how good he is. I've seen him get in fights on the sidelines, (with my front row seats) with his own players! I say, don't let the door kick him in the A$$. Maybe he could transfer to Bozeville. They seem to be in need of some db's.

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Tue May 11, 2004 10:04 pm

Keep in mind, though, players getting in trouble with the law has never been a reason for Dismisa at the U. of M.l

suckitgriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by suckitgriz » Wed May 12, 2004 8:48 am

And why are we in need of DB's? Do your research before you write something stupid. 3 out of 4 of our starters last year went to the league and I would be very suprised if any team will be able to burn our guys this year.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed May 12, 2004 9:01 am

iaafan wrote:I think Kyler Noel was in that group, but has decided to stick it out. He could still turn into a player for UM. Although he's listed as a starter LB Shane McIntyre may be feeling miffed a bit because Utterback is drawing all kinds of praise from the UM coaches. Seems he's a workout warrior and who wouldn't like that? Plus he's got the #37, which McIntyre has to be wondering about, too.
I don't understand why they do that with #37, it just has to rub most of the players the wrong way.
Also heard Disney is feeling unwanted. I have to think that this kind of thing is going on everywhere with new coaches, but is being magnified a bit because of all the problems at UM.
According to the egriz room, Vernon Smith is in trouble again and may be off the team. I haven't seen anything in the papers yet about it though. He would be a loss for UM, but they seem to have some depth in the secondary.
The #37 thing is always passed down from the player who wore it previously so it has nothing to do with the coaches. As far as your last statement, don't confuse # of players with depth... :) I see the Griz secondary much like ours - could be very good but thus far unproven...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed May 12, 2004 11:20 am

suckitgriz wrote:And why are we in need of DB's? Do your research before you write something stupid. 3 out of 4 of our starters last year went to the league and I would be very suprised if any team will be able to burn our guys this year.
3 out of 4 starters are where??? :shock:

I'd be very surprised if you said anything worthwhile. Isn't recess over?

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Wed May 12, 2004 2:51 pm

Kane, Jay, and Joey= 3 dipshi*

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed May 12, 2004 3:00 pm

suckface, are cat fans embarrased when you open up that fly trap of yours. You need db's because of graduation. That's a word I'm sure you've never heard of.

Cat fans, step in and tell your red-headed step child to go play on the freeway before he hurts somebody.

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Wed May 12, 2004 3:07 pm

Have you not read about the recruits that we are bringing in? I have full confidence that we will beat you for a third straight year. Tell dave decock, i mean decoite to watch the Packers and #24 on Sundays!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Wed May 12, 2004 3:19 pm

Now that is the kind of response I would expect from you. Call Dave DeCoite a name, knowing full well that you won't get your A$$ kicked because you hide behind monitor.

Hey moderator's, in the Terms of Usage, you state that any post using hateful or sexually-oriented material may lead to the poster being banned. Does this include Cat fans with an IQ less than 75?

suckitgriz

Post by suckitgriz » Wed May 12, 2004 3:42 pm

may bad, I know Dave personally and he would find that funny- even his buddies call him that.

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Wed May 12, 2004 10:51 pm

Suck-a-what??????????? OOOOOOOOoooooooHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhh!

:wink:

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!