Hack sticking it it Hartman

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Hack sticking it it Hartman

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:15 am

If you wonder why most athletes do not go public the way Hartman did read the story below. Over the years I have seen many athletes quit/transfer 95% or more of all of these athletes are give a clear release when they quit with out question. Hack is holding Hartman hostage, he says to ensure he does not transfer to another Big Sky team. May I point out to him the name Grady Bennett (sp?). This is bogus Hack is tring to extract his pound of flesh

Artical:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/s ... 42620.html

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:07 am

I think Baby's been readfing too many Tom Clancy novels (if he can read). If he transfers to a school within the BSC I believe he has to sit out two years! by that time Baby won't be around (probably moving up to D-1)

We don't need to know no signals and strategies...it just confuses the issue. If we knew the signals all they would need to do was put in indicators and srew us up! On thing we know about Baby Hauck...He never thinks he has enough gimmicks!

2024 Resume dominance

JahGriz
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by JahGriz » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:53 am

Over the years I have seen many athletes quit/transfer 95% or more of all of these athletes are give a clear release when they quit with out question
Over the years I have seen many athletes quit/transfer, 99% of those don't publicly flame the coaches and try to bring down the program, including their fellow teammates in the process.
Hartman is a whiney little me me me guy who no one in the BSC would take anyway. So, I do think BH will release him, AFTER allowing him to ponder his actions for a bit longer.
My guess his he'll turn to basket ball, because as a QB he won't get to play, unless he gets on with an NAIA school who is hurting for a QB..then he may get to play his senior year.

62GRIZ
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 62GRIZ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:05 am

"Sticking it to Hartman" - any coach in his right mind wouldn't release a potential starting quarterback with a play book to another team in his same conference. Do you really think that if Lulay elected to join the
G R I Z that Crammer would gladly release him??!! Remember that Hartman would have been going into next season as the number one returning quarterback, just like Lulay. Hauck has said he would gladly release Hartman to a lower classification OR a 1-AA outside the Big Sky Conference. Why isn't that fair??

HelenaCat
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by HelenaCat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:12 am

I guess we can agree or disagree about whether baby hack is sticking it to Hartman. What struck me as funny is bh's reasons for not letting him out of um. Is this guy ultra-paranoid or what?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:39 am

Give me a break gizziod's

JahGriz
Over the years I have seen many athletes quit/transfer, 99% of those don't publicly flame the coaches........
I would bet that the % is closer to 60-70%, may i point out Mr. Padget a basketball player who just requested and recieved a release from Kansas yesterday. The thing is that it is a more common for players to blast a coach upon leaving because generally players are a younger and I little more imature than the coaches. In general the person who looks like they are holding a grudge comes out looking like the fool.
....and try to bring down the program, including their fellow teammates in the process.
Hartmans comments were aimed directly at Hauck and no one else, he may have been looking to bring down Hauck and his staff (although, I doubt you could prove it) and that by doing so is hurting the Griz program in general but I highly doubt Hauck could be considered the entire Griz program. To say he was tring hurt his team mate is simply ludiquis. he never made any claim against anyone other than Hauck.
Hartman is a whiney little me me me guy who no one in the BSC would take anyway.
What do you have to back up these claims. Everything I have read about Hartman priot to this event has been what a quality person he was. Even Coach Kramer last summer was talking abour Hartman as one recruit that got away that was such a quality person. If you want we can mosey on over to the Griz. boards and look prior to last week, and find your own breatheren talking about this wonderful kid. As for no Big Sky team wanting him then why hold him up, let him go, if you know he is not going to sign with one. The problem with your argument is that Hauck is smarter than you (ouch I bet that hurt) and he is well aware that Hartman amy indeed get an offer from a B.S. school.

62GRIZ
any coach in his right mind wouldn't release a potential starting quarterback with a play book to another team in his same conference. Do you really think that if Lulay elected to join the
G R I Z that Crammer would gladly release him??!! Remember that Hartman would have been going into next season as the number one returning quarterback, just like Lulay.
Hello! Hartman was a 3rd string quartback through spring drills. He got almost no reps in practice. Have you heard of two guys named Ochs and Disney! Have you read the Missoulain. I think most of us Bobcat folks here know more about the Griz Quarterback depth chart than it apears you do. About a top notch quarterback transfering to a rival school, have you heard of Grady Bennett?
Hauck has said he would gladly release Hartman to a lower classification OR a 1-AA outside the Big Sky Conference. Why isn't that fair?
?

What if Hartman wanted to play basketball at Weber state? Would hauck release him? Did you know that before another school can talk to Hartman he must have a release in hand, or it is considered tampering.

62GRIZ
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by 62GRIZ » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:58 am

Hello! Hartman was a 3rd string quartback through spring drills. He got almost no reps in practice. Have you heard of two guys named Ochs and Disney! Have you read the Missoulain. I think most of us Bobcat folks here know more about the Griz Quarterback depth chart than it apears you do.
Hey, numbnuts, I said, "next season," not this season.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:02 pm

Unless Hartman ends up walking on at MSU to play basketball, I don't see this as having much impact on us, except for conversation purposes.

UM pretty much relies on transfer QB's anyway, so the writing was on the wall for Hartman.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:07 pm

Sure would be nice if Hartman came to MSU with his Grizzly playbook... MSU can learn all the passing plays that UM won't use again this year. :lol:

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:28 pm

I doubt that Hartman would transfer to MSU to play QB. Maybe someother position, but QB. With Lulay and the emergence of Coppack this spring and Carpenter lurking behind him, I just don't see any room for him.

Isn't there some rule called the Grady Bennett rule? This rule makes a player sit out two years if they transfer to a school in the same conference?

GO CATS!!

JahGriz

Post by JahGriz » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:57 pm

"After my grayshirt year, Coach Glenn left Missoula to follow another coaching venture. Coach Bobby Hauck was hired in his place under the pretense that he was going to throw first and throw often. None of which has been true.''
Sounds like Justin not only thought he should be the QB but the Coach.

"Since the football season has ended I have heard of, and responded to rumors that have been relayed to me by sources very close to the football program,'' Hartman wrote. "These rumors, from Coach Hauck, were reported as follows: 'I never would have recruited Justin Hartman out of high school.' 'I have lost faith in Justin's arm.' Comments such as these, I feel, should not be said about a player behind their back, especially by their leaders and coaches.''
Justin hears a rumor and gets his feeling hurt..Ohhh, such an unfair world.

Hartman saw limited action in last week's first scrimmage, taking reps with the No. 3 offense. He threw just two passes, completing none with one interception. Hartman said he was also frustrated about the lack of live reps he received during the first two weeks of spring drills.

Yep, Justin, #3's practice with the 3's, no special treatment...sorry. Even Disney hasn't had much of a chance with the #1's. None in the last scrimage. And yet Justin a 3 though he should.

"It was very disheartening to go and play in that game and do what I thought it was they wanted me to do,'' Hartman said. "We won in one of the most dominating fashions. We beat a Division I-A team. We flat dominated those guys and I did not receive any credit for the win. The option was credited with what won it. Kyle did a great job and I was happy for him. But to have nothing said about what you did, it was very disheartening.''
Ohh, no credit given to Justin personally. me me me.
"In that matchup I was confined to handing the ball off before an injured, and still recovering Craig Ochs came in to replace me, and was encouraged and allowed to throw the football,'' Hartman wrote. "I question why Coach Hauck would jeopardize Craig's health during a non-conference game, and when the conference season was just a week away.''
Once again Justin wants to be the QB and the Coach. Maybe always questioning the coaches decisions isn't the best way to make a good impression.
"It is obvious to me that the Montana coaching staff means to pass me by, and I question why I was not given the same opportunities as others to succeed, and was instead forced only into situations to fail,'' Hartman wrote. "It is shameful and disrespectful that an athlete from the state of Montana would be treated in fashion.''
No, the coaches weren't going to pass you up. Better QB's were going to pass you up JH.
Last edited by JahGriz on Fri Apr 16, 2004 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raincat

Post by raincat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:00 pm

Right now the dots don't connect, so I think we're seeing the after birth of some hurt feelings. I don't know Hartman, but he is another example of a high school star caught early in his college career with a coaching change. Can't say I like his style, tho'. Typically, you don't burn bridges in the press and expect a good outcome. Hauck appears to be choosing to rub his nose in it. The "hand signal/playbook" thing is a bunch of crap. You think Erickson is going to rebuild the 49er offense because Garcia left?
This will all shake out and life goes on. Looks like THE MSU and um have semi-identical coaches. Sometimes Coach Kramer talks too much. Sometimes coach hauck says too much.

Helcat72
Golden Bobcat

Post by Helcat72 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:27 pm

I remember Kramer had the same problem with Jamie Amicarella who during the summer a few years ago decided to transfer to CSU. What I remember was that somehow Kramer found out that there was some alleged tampering by some CSU people, he didn't mention Lubick...could have been players. But Kramer refused to give him his release also. I remember Brent Swaggert telling me he had nothing but contemp for Amicarella who was his roomate as a freshman. I didn't get the whole reason though. He told me the evening after the Griz game this year...by that time I wasn't paying real close attention!

2024 Resume dominance

HelenaCat95
Golden Bobcat

Post by HelenaCat95 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:30 pm

Hauck said schools that would like to add Hartman to their football program "are supposed to contact us first and get permission." (quote from Trib article)

If what Mslacat said is right (has to get release prior to talking to other programs), then Hauck doesn't know the recruiting rules. Or maybe the rules are different at Colorado, UW and UM :wink:

Somebody straighten us out with the rules on releases and contact with players.

VictorG

Post by VictorG » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:49 pm

raincat wrote:The "hand signal/playbook" thing is a bunch of crap. You think Erickson is going to rebuild the 49er offense because Garcia left?
Garcia didn't go to a team in the same division as the 49'ers. I know that this isn't the NFL but did you ever notice that teams make it a point to NOT make player trades with other teams in their division. Last I heard it was a standing policy with the Packers.

Nothing wrong with Hauck not wanting to make it easy for Hartman to go to another BSC school. Smart stand to take IMO.

So, the only CRAP I see going on here is the darn news papers publishing this stuff as if I'm not even sure if what we read is entirely accurate or quotes taken out of text!??! :?

By the way, I believe it's something like a coach from one team cannot contact a player from another team unless the contacting coach has the permission of the players current school. However, I believe a player can contact whoever they want as long as it's "their dime".

kmax
Site Admin

Post by kmax » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:04 pm

The problem with the argument of making sure Hartman can't go to another BSC school is that he can't play for two years, as others have pointed out. Yeah, but Hauck says he doesn't want him to give away our signals and stuff. BS! If Hartman is that upset at Hauck and that dishonest of a person that he would do that in the first place, there is nothing keeping him from calling up Kramer this summer or sending him an email(heck, maybe he can send it to the press at the same time!) and giving up all the plays and hand signals anyway. Hauck is rubbing Hartman's nose in the mess he created, plain and simple. I would probably be tempted to do the same thing as Hartman's actions were poor and he deserves it, but it is definately not a good PR move on Hauck's part.

“Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.” -- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

raincat

Post by raincat » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:07 pm

Let's do it another way then....if he were to transfer to say, Weber State, does anyone really believe he could provide enough insight regarding the um offense to allow Weber to stop them? Heck, on any given scrimmage day the um defense can't stop the um offense, and they know about as much about themselves as anyone. And as for hand signals, you make a few changes and pray the other guy tries to read them. Truly, football is not rocket science. I'm staying with the "crap" scenario.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Fri Apr 16, 2004 4:31 pm

kmax wrote:The problem with the argument of making sure Hartman can't go to another BSC school is that he can't play for two years, as others have pointed out. Yeah, but Hauck says he doesn't want him to give away our signals and stuff. BS! If Hartman is that upset at Hauck and that dishonest of a person that he would do that in the first place, there is nothing keeping him from calling up Kramer this summer or sending him an email(heck, maybe he can send it to the press at the same time!) and giving up all the plays and hand signals anyway. Hauck is rubbing Hartman's nose in the mess he created, plain and simple. I would probably be tempted to do the same thing as Hartman's actions were poor and he deserves it, but it is definately not a good PR move on Hauck's part.
Why should Baby change his stripes and make good PR decisions now? Remember the "No fan cameras during practice" rule? Or the complaining about how their schedule is too hard this year, or crying about having to take a bus to Portland? Or belittling Kane Ione during the post Cat\Griz game interview? This is just another example that he has alot to learn about being a leader and a head football coach. No way Hauck can guide that team back to the Nat'l Championship. Not until he matures as a leader anyway...

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

couloir41

Post by couloir41 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:52 pm

after reading all the postes re: hartman...i think you nailed hartman and bobby little twig...one maybe a little spoiled and the other maybe a little spoiled and arrogant...

lifesapuntreturn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lifesapuntreturn » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:21 am

It appears that Hauck is forcing Hartman to stay around so he has enough qb's to run that 4 qb rotation scheme all season that worked so well for him in last year's Cat/griz game.