All-time better football program...

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bozgriz

All-time better football program...

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:45 pm

Time to make the donuts threw out the first stale one in the battle for supremacy: Number of NFL Hall-of-Famers and NFL first rounders...(numbering 1 each I believe at moo cow u)...

Here's mine: 2 National Championships in past decade, 4 appearances past decade, 1 Payton Award winner, consecutive winning seasons since 1992, 16 game winning streak in cat/Griz...VS. 0 playoff wins since 1984, 2 consecutive cat/Griz wins, consecutive 4 or more loss seasons for 20 years... :D

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:10 pm

The title of your thread is "All-time better football program", yet every single one of your arguments is from the last 20 years?

Clearly, UM has been the better program the last 20 years. However, as evidenced by the 3 NC's before UM ever won one, MSU has had a lot of success as well. I don't know enough about the histories of both programs to make a judgment, but I do know that basing your argument on the last 20 years only doesn't prove anything regarding the title of this thread (even Cletus up there under your name knows that). Seems to me like both programs have had a lot of success over the years compared to a lot of other programs out there.

IMO the number of NFL hall of famers/first rounders from each school is for the most part irrelevant considering that there have been very few from either school. MSU isn't the better team simply because we were the ones to get Jan Stenerud off the ski hill and on to the football field.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:54 pm

Agreed, the past 20 years was really just a starting point. Have to admit this thread may be a knee jerk reaction to another jerks remarks. Of course, this could be an interesting topic as well, considering the long history of both programs, including the NAIA championship of the cats in the 50s, some great scheduling of the period and before, some lean years in the 60s and the sporatic successes of both programs in the early 70s for the Griz, mid-70 for the cats, early 80s Griz, mid-80s cats, etc...

lifeloyalsigmsu
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by lifeloyalsigmsu » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:32 am

Bozjiz, you forgot to mention UM as having the biggest bandwagners as well.........

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation." --Thomas Reed

GavinDonos
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by GavinDonos » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:39 am

Bozgriz wrote:Agreed, the past 20 years was really just a starting point. Have to admit this thread may be a knee jerk reaction to another jerks remarks.
I'm a jerk because I replied to your jab on the original thread? Hmm, so we should all just concede to what you have to say without being able to put our two cents in? Yep, typical frizzy spoiled brat mindset.

The opening post here illustrated the ebb and flow of football fortunes throughout the last century. That only lends credence to the thought that perhaps MSU will once again be UM's superior. Both programs have enjoyed a healthy amount of success. This whole post is just a massive waste of time as nothing will be resolved... I'm not coming here to be convinced that UM is better than MSU "all time". Nor am I expecting to persuade you to believe the opposite.

Dealing with griz fans is like wiping your butt before you crap... pointless.

couloir41
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by couloir41 » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:19 am

remember...griz fans have to wipe before they dump...dingleberries...griz fans have to wipe most all of the time...it's part of thier curse...

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:04 am

couloir41 wrote:remember...griz fans have to wipe before they dump...dingleberries...griz fans have to wipe most all of the time...it's part of thier curse...
Clever! That ranks right up there with your favorite chant for wit...

As for the argument, it amazes me how the last 2 wins bring out the cat bandwagoners. I actually bought tickets to a cat game a few years ago (Griz bye week) and walked right up to the ticket window and got 2 seats on the 30 yard line, row 10 along the rail 5 minutes before kickoff. Try that in MSLA...

Like I've said before, cat folks really hate the Griz, a lot more than Griz fans hate the cats. Up until 18 months ago, we were pretty much indifferent to the cats and that really pissed you guys off! You can't have a rivalry if you don't win a couple now can you???

As for the thread, you're right...its no contest. UM has dominated the rivalry over the years, controls the all-time series by 30 wins and is a regular player in the postseason. Sorry but this is simply fact...

I guess Griz fans need to wipe all the time to get the cat fans out of their arse!! :roll:

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:14 pm

Wipein, whos worried about wipeing?

Deleted by eRat-a-Cat-er

:shock: GD :shock: 41 :shock:

Whos curse, and yes POINTLESS! :roll:
Last edited by eRat-a-Cat-er on Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:53 am

Give me a break. If you want to guess as to which school's football program is the best ever, just look at the overall record against each other. If it's close (which it's not) then how about Big Sky Championships? 1-AA championships? 1-AA championship appearances?

Even a self respecting Cat fan has to admit (no matter how hard) that the Griz have the advantage in football and woman's basketball.

Basketball is a better one to compare. I'd be willing to bet MSU has the edge in rodeo though :shock:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:16 am

My dad can beat up your dad!

CATS RULE! .. plain and simple

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:14 pm

CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
I have a 5 year old that come up with a better arguement than "Cat's Rule!" when arguing which team has the better football program.

Is your last name of the O'Doyle variety...Odoyle Rules!! :shock:

My avatar does not now, nor has in the past, depict a person of mentally challenged state. If you have a problem with it, please call the U.S. department of Bite my A$$. MTBuff/Administrator.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Apr 22, 2004 1:33 pm

Cat-theotherwhitemeat wrote:
CARDIAC_CATS wrote:
I have a 5 year old that come up with a better arguement than "Cat's Rule!" when arguing which team has the better football program.

Is your last name of the O'Doyle variety...Odoyle Rules!! :shock:
OK, how about this one... "Griz Suck!" Is that any better? :lol:

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:31 pm

I'd say a village is missing their idiot, but you're already in Bozoville. I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:43 pm

smarter?? How's this??

Griz Profusely Inhale!!!!

Cat-theotherwhitemeat

Post by Cat-theotherwhitemeat » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:51 pm

welcome to the conversation wbtfg. who lit the fuse on your tampon?