How does a hippy solve a $1,000,000 budget deficit?

The place to talk smack with those not fortunate enough to be Bobcat fans.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

How does a hippy solve a $1,000,000 budget deficit?

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:40 pm

"UM installs 16-foot-tall electronic sign"

http://www.missoulian.com/articles/2004 ... news04.txt

GO CATS GO!!!

goGriz
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by goGriz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:45 pm

How about you bobkittys worry about your own sorry program and quit talking about ours.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:48 pm

don't come on our board, and you won't have to worry about it jerkoff.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:48 pm

no need for a sign at cat land as nobody would see it! Maybe a condemned sign in front of the catbox??? :D

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:22 pm

Most of the hippies I knew would have sold dugs when they needed money. However, this was a post about UM athletics not MSU athletics. Anyway, I don't think we need to take this conversation in that direction!!!!

Those of you who do read the article will notice that the sign will be paid for by the sponsors (read advertisers) so what has that got to do wich the title of this thread?

Unless of course your pointing out that the UM will get something nice (again) without having to pay anything for it!!!!!

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:47 pm

I don't think we need to take this conversation in that direction!!!!
Thanks Mr. Moderator
Most of the hippies I knew would have sold dugs when they needed money.
How much does a 'dug' go for these days anyway?

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:48 pm

Did you all notice the "dead end" perched next to the spanking new sign! Was that a unintended comment!

Bozogriz
Did you happen to notice where they put the darn sign. bteween the placement at on a dead end road and the trees in front of it, you will never be able to see it, no matter how bright the light bulbs are.

BTW ready for the next tree hugger fight!? Just wait until those trees in front of that sign gets it full leaves this spring you are not going to see any of that sign. Which means the athletic department will want to cut the trees down....which will cause a big up roar.... which will cause the U to cut it down this summer when the students are gone...... which tick off the "nature lover"........ which willl........

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:53 pm

mslacat: have somebody read the Missoulian article to you again! The deadend to which you refer is going into the intramural fields on the right, prior to the road going uphill to the Madison St bridge...only about 23,000 people will see it upon the drive home after Griz games!!! :shock:

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:56 pm

wbtfg wrote:don't come on our board, and you won't have to worry about it jerkoff.
What's with that? After reading your posts, "wbtfg", maybe you should take an anger management course or two...

That's the stuff to which a majority of posts are referring to...open hostility toward the opposing team's fans...my guess is that if and when you graduate, you will disappear into the night like all the other college kids who turn in their little pepper id card when they reach 21!! :twisted:

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:02 pm

What's with that? After reading your posts, "wbtfg", maybe you should take an anger management course or two...

******NEWS FLASH**********

This is the SMACK board. If you don't want to read smack, then don't come on here.
you will disappear into the night like all the other college kids who turn in their little pepper id card when they reach 21!!
I have no idea what that means....please enlighten me.

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:14 pm

Bozo
have you actually seen the sign!! The only place the Missoulian could have gotten that shot was from where they took it!! If you are in a car with that view you are about 20 feet from going up and over the Madison Street bridge. If you back track on Maurice Street (the one way street it faces) that tree in the foreground rotates in front of that sign, not to mention the other trees that are just out side the picture shot. Once those trees get their canopy's in a couple week the only way those 23,000 people are going to see that sign is if they look real quick just as they hit the intersection of 5th and Maurice.

Bozgriz

Post by Bozgriz » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:21 pm

little pepper id cards are ids issued by Dr Pepper for kids, 21 is the legal drinking age in Montana...when you turn 21 you no longer need your little pepper id...

My point: BAC and other cat fans have expressed their open hostility towards those whose monikers are not "pro" (that means in favor of) one program or another. wbtfg is clearly an "anti" (that means against) moniker. I was implying that you will simply disappear once you get out of school much like the other beer drinking, eat s**t chanting, fight challenging kids will...

:idea:

BozoneCat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by BozoneCat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:24 pm

I would guess that the intent of the sign being there is not, in fact, to catch the attention of people leaving the sports complex; I would think they would want to place it in a place to attract attention where people might not be aware that something is going on. If the brilliant administrators around here had thought about it for a smoke-clear second, they would have placed it a block away where people are coming in from the bridge, not going out.

I also think that the article made it sound as if the sponsors were going to pay for the cost of the sign. I would surmise that the cost will eventually be paid for by sponsors, but UM will cover the cost of it right now. They will probably eat all the interest over the next few years too.

GO CATS GO!!!

canyoncat
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by canyoncat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Read it, ignored it, don't really care :roll:

GO CATS!!

CARDIAC_CATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by CARDIAC_CATS » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:19 pm

And the sign said long hair freaky people .. need not apply ... Signs Signs everywhere signs! LA L ALA LA LALA.

Okay back to reality. Let the Griz put up all the signs they want. It still aint gonna help their sorry teams. :)

VictorG
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by VictorG » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:31 pm

BozoneCat wrote:I also think that the article made it sound as if the sponsors were going to pay for the cost of the sign. I would surmise that the cost will eventually be paid for by sponsors, but UM will cover the cost of it right now. They will probably eat all the interest over the next few years too.
Maybe, but when EVERYTHING is paid for, which it will be, the result will be INCOME!!!!!

Of course, one has to hope that the UM accounting department knows how to post "income" correctly by then! (Just thought I get that in for you guys. Things seem pretty quiet lately)

mslacat
Golden Bobcat

Post by mslacat » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:42 pm

I believe this sign and the new score boards were part of the same package deal put together by a football alum. As I remember the out of state sign company buys the sign and errects it. Um gets use of this sign, but the sign company makes all arrangements for the selling of advertising and collects the money. Originally as I remember, all proceeds would go to the sign company up to a certain amount of years 5-7, after that it would become U of M property. I heard some Officials and / or regents had a problem with UM getting no money off the deal so a token dollar amout was floated around for UM to recieve. I don't know what happened after that.
BTW the life expencency on a sign and score boards is about 7-10 years, before heavy rebuilding needs to take place.

lifesapuntreturn
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by lifesapuntreturn » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:28 pm

Bozgriz wrote:
"My point: BAC and other cat fans have expressed their open hostility towards those whose monikers are not "pro" (that means in favor of) one program or another. wbtfg is clearly an "anti" (that means against) moniker."

My moniker is neither "pro" nor "anti" and I have not heard a word about it, hostile or otherwise, from BAC or anyone. Having said that, I imagine this opens the door to those who are so inclined, so fire away.

VictorG wrote:
"Of course, one has to hope that the UM accounting department knows how to post "income" correctly by then! (Just thought I get that in for you guys. Things seem pretty quiet lately)"

I suggest the UM athletics department utilize that new message board to keep a running total of that pesky budget deficit ala the federal government's deficit board. That would cut down on the need for press releases, saving paper and allowing the university to make the case that the message board is environmentally friendly, thus reducing the outcry that Mslacat identified from the tree huggers. No hostility toward the griz here, just trying to be helpful. :lol:

eRat-a-Cat-er
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by eRat-a-Cat-er » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:34 pm

Deleted by eRat-a-Cat-er :shock:
Last edited by eRat-a-Cat-er on Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What just thinkin' about the Griz does to most Cats! GO GRIZ!